I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

And yet if you pay attention and play the game thoroughly they can all, as Enoch says, easily survive. So if not one of them dies, and not one of them returns in ME3, what's the point of ME2?

I am positive they will all return in ME3, just like all the NPC's in ME1 returned in ME2. They just will not be recruitable, most likely, as that is tougher to create content for. Guest spots are fine with me.

Well, assuming ME3 gameplay will be similar to, if not exactly the same as, ME2, it just seems like a waste to recruit a whole new squad again.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I gotta say, I'd be a bit disappointing if all the ME2 people aren't joinable like most of the ME1 people weren't.

What's the point of us building a team up only to have that team continually not continue to help us?

"Hey Shep, thanks for the grand adventure fighting the collectors and taking the time to sort out all my personal problems. I can't believe how horrible things were after we went to the Omega Relay and you really pulled us all through what could have been a suicide mission. The Reapers really are a threat to the entire galaxy, and we all saw that day just how bad things could be. But you kept your cool and got things done. You earned my undying loyalty that day. Unfortunately at this time, all I can do for you is to send you this Extranet email wishing you luck fighting the Reapers."

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I gotta say, I'd be a bit disappointing if all the ME2 people aren't joinable like most of the ME1 people weren't.

What's the point of us building a team up only to have that team continually not continue to help us?

"Hey Shep, thanks for the grand adventure fighting the collectors and taking the time to sort out all my personal problems. I can't believe how horrible things were after we went to the Omega Relay and you really pulled us all through what could have been a suicide mission. The Reapers really are a threat to the entire galaxy, and we all saw that day just how bad things could be. But you kept your cool and got things done. You earned my undying loyalty that day. Unfortunately at this time, all I can do for you is to send you this Extranet email wishing you luck fighting the Reapers."

Considering that all of the ME2 character are disposable and could die at the end of the game, it would take a lot of writing to include them on ME3 and to replace them in case of demise.

Perhaps is time Shepard started making his/her own decisions and pick whomever he/she wants from both the ME and ME2 roster and some new ones for good measure.

Blasto the hanar companion for ME3! :lol:

BTW, what happened to your hair? :lol:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Why would they replace them? I mean what's wrong with saying "Hello player, you got your entire team killed in ME2 so you're going to have to do this with Liara and Blasto the Hanar as your only companions." I mean they're supposed to take into account Sheppard dying in ME2 (or have I misread)?

My hair? Lost a fight with an electric socket.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Guest Slinky
Bioware could just assume that everyone survived and then go ahead with it in ME3.

Well I hope not. That would take lameness to a whole new level.

I mean they're supposed to take into account Sheppard dying in ME2 (or have I misread)?

Where did you read that? How that would even work? Last I heard, those who got Shep killed in ME2 will play as the default Shep in ME3. I actually wouldn't be surpised if you even can't import save where Shep has died unless they pull the DA maneuver and pretend that Shep didn't die after all.

Dunno where I heard it to be honest, so its probably something I misread.

Still given its an option for a legitimate end to ME2, it'd make sense to me (and probably only me) to allow a follow-up with that in ME3 (where you play Biff the Understudy through the game :lol:)

Still given its an option for a legitimate end to ME2, it'd make sense to me (and probably only me) to allow a follow-up with that in ME3 (where you play Biff the Understudy through the game :))

Do you know how much space would a game that had two completely different characters as protagonist would take? :look:

Aside from the fact that is lackluster to kill the main character (that would drive most people away) then you would get a finale where your PC is trying to fill in Shepard's shoes the whole story.

Is like going to a Led Zeppelin concert only to find that Jethro Tull will play instead. :o

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Still given its an option for a legitimate end to ME2, it'd make sense to me (and probably only me) to allow a follow-up with that in ME3 (where you play Biff the Understudy through the game :))

Do you know how much space would a game that had two completely different characters as protagonist would take? :look:

Aside from the fact that is lackluster to kill the main character (that would drive most people away) then you would get a finale where your PC is trying to fill in Shepard's shoes the whole story.

Is like going to a Led Zeppelin concert only to find that Jethro Tull will play instead. :o

I didn't say it'd be feasible to actually do, just that from a story perspective it'd make sense and is possibly an expectation in the audience who got the everyone dies end. Plus I wanted to make a Biff the Understudy reference.

The most recent Bioware comment was that people won't be able to import a dead Shepard into ME3. That said, I still hope they do go with the "Hello player, you got your entire team killed in ME2 so you're going to have to do this with Liara and Blasto the Hanar as your only companions." option.

I wish they'd reconsider letting you import a dead Shepard though. Just have someone import the file and then instantly play the bad ending video where the Reapers destroy every living thing in the galaxy. "Oops, maybe you shouldn't have gotten killed on that suicide mission. Import new file?"

I enjoyed it. The mission is a bit longer, more interesting and more involved than Zaeed's. The mansion the game takes place in looks good, and the museum section had some great background story to the ME universe.

Some issues I had:

-When flying to the planet, Shep has a conversation with Katsumi and their heads some times jump around, almost like Avina from ME1 when she is glitching out near the end of the game.

-The guests at the party don't move their lips when speaking.

-While exploring the mansion you sometimes run into guards and have a shoot out. The party goers right out in the main hall don't hear anything and an overheard conversation from the guards tries to explain this by saying 'the music is too loud to hear anything'. It is friggin' soft classical music! Its not like they are mosh piting to Rob Zombie or something.

o:)

Concur. They've sort of painted themselves into a corner with the somewhat gimmicky possibility of killing everybody off. Instead of repeating what they did with ME2 on a larger scale, I think they should roll with it and really shoot for something groundbreaking (again), maybe have 2-4 new companions along with everybody who's still alive from ME1 and ME2. o:)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

How many companions can you end up getting killed in ME2 and still manage to beat the game? I think the OCD completionist in me is never going to let me experiment. :(

Afaik,

all but one. You'd probably need to spend a lot more time optimising that than you need to save everybody, though...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I was disapointed that kasumi doesnt have proper on-normandy dialogue, but the "tells short story when you click on stuff in her room" like Zaeed. But that would take alot more work to setup and animate so maybe its not surpising.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I was disapointed that kasumi doesnt have proper on-normandy dialogue, but the "tells short story when you click on stuff in her room" like Zaeed. But that would take alot more work to setup and animate so maybe its not surpising.

It also requires less voice work from the Shepard VAs.

one reason Gromnir did not purchase da:a is 'cause of price. almost $40 for 15 hours o' new gameplay? is not that we is hurting for cash, but we hate to be exploited. by waiting a few months we can probable get da:a for $20-$25... and we will also get a far more stable product by waiting.

bio/ea releases kasumi for the bargain price o' $7. the dlc offers approx. 1 hour of gameplay and one watered-down jnpc. sssoooooo... would be difficult to justify the kasumi purchase to self. if we forgo da:a primarily 'cause o' cost, how could we possibly accept a $7 me2 dlc? is virtual free money for ea/bio. no package and distribution costs, and based on placeholder being present in core game, am gonna guess that this were developed contemporaneous with me2 core product.

is our understanding that the past year were not kind to ea. no doubt the publisher wants to squeeze every possible farthing and penny out of their handful of win games. also, as the paid dlc model for crpgs is still in its infancy, it makes sense that ea would inflate the price a bit; is easier to lower price of a product than it is to raise.

*shrug*

$7 for 1 hour and a half-baked jnpc? am not willing to subsidize ea stupidity by paying so much for so little.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I agree. I'm not going to pay for such a meager download, and I agree that $40 is too danged much for a 15-hour expansion, especially since it takes place after DA:O was completed. Plus... Oghren? Puleese.

As long as people pay they will continue doping this sort of crap, and there are a lot of people willing to pay. I will wait for a sale.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

As long as people pay they will continue doping this sort of crap, and there are a lot of people willing to pay. I will wait for a sale.

I felt like that guy with the glowing neon sign above his head that said "Buy Me!" in Dragon Age was such an insult, that I promised myself not to spend money on any EA/Bioware DLC's. I know you should never say never, but so far I haven't seen any glowing reviews of "Kazumi" that would change my mind.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I felt like that guy with the glowing neon sign above his head that said "Buy Me!" in Dragon Age was such an insult, that I promised myself not to spend money on any EA/Bioware DLC's. I know you should never say never, but so far I haven't seen any glowing reviews of "Kazumi" that would change my mind.

I agree that was bad form but they haven't done that again as far as I know. DLCs tend to be a hit or miss for some people. People who buy them on a persistent basis tend to be fanboys or completionists. They aren't usually targeted to the average gamer.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."