Mass Effect 2 Discussion

:) Backing up a bit... is it true that there isn't a "no helmet" option??? Argghhhhhh....

You can choose not to wear a helmet but you lose one armor bonus if you do. It's no big deal though. Most of the stuff the helmets gives are things like 5% health or the like. Most of the time I personally never even show myself once the shield fails since health can go down very quickly and it's annoying to reload. :)

Actually ~Di's right to fear. You can only customize normal armours. For the DLC armours (Collector Armour, Inferno Armour, Blood Dragon Armour, Terminus Armour), you're pretty much stuck with as is...helmet and all.

On the bright side, LEDs on your helmet light up every time you speak Transformers style, and you also sound like you're speaking through a synthesizer.

Oh, noes! *facepalm*

Hm, and I seem to have had a small glitch in the whole carry over saved games... Conrad Verner turned up and played out as if I'd used the Renegade option on him in my ME1 saved game.. which I hadn't... Since I reran ME1 about 3 weeks ago in a fairly paragon way to have my level 60 Shep all ready to go.. my memory wasn't that bad :).

Everything else I've encountered has been spot on.. so now I'm pondering if something glitched that ..

I just found Conrad and have the same issue. I handled him as a paragon but he's talking about what a big jerk I was and how I shoved a gun in his face.

Those 100000 credits sure came in handy. Too bad they didn't survive me buying every upgrade I found on Omega.

EDIT: Also Mining is incredibly boring.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Those 100000 credits sure came in handy. Too bad they didn't survive me buying every upgrade I found on Omega.

EDIT: Also Mining is incredibly boring.

yep, I totally agree. It'd make more sense if there was a sort of "these are the general locations that you might want to look" and then have to comb through those areas or something. But just having to sit there and go over every inch of the planet so slowly is stupid.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I actually like the mining,a dn even the mini games are growing on me. Still, I dunno why they completely got rid of omni gel. I thought that was a cool concept. ME2 would be a MUCH better game if they didn't dumb it down for PC gamers. When ME1 was being designed with the 360 in mind, it actually had dialogue skillz but the PC guys ruined it. Same with lockpicking and the like.

If it wasn't for space exploration, and the characters, ME2 would be an average game as its combat is a semi fun dumbe ddown version of ME1 combat.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sorry Ashley... You're out... Heelllooo Miranda...

Also, Mordin is epic... Grunt, on the other hand, not so much... He's a wanna-be... SuZe is a little freaky... And Jacob may be the blandest character in the history of gaming... The random marines in Halo have more of a personality...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

MassEffect22010-01-2922-29-37-06.jpg

INVESTIGATE, dammit!

I've noticed she has some fantastic... assets.

They really should have fixed the resource gathering. There needs to be another upgrade to speed it up even faster. Better yet, when in scan mode the planets need a 'fog of war'. Light up locations you have scanned so you can tell what you have done. You can take a methodic approach and start at the top, working your way down or whatever... but its sooo boring. Pretty much my biggest complaint about this otherwise fantastic game.

Another way of reducing the monotony of resource gathering would be the ability to trade resources. It obviously wouldn't/shouldn't be a 1:1 ratio, as Iridium is everywhere, Palladium is fairly common, Platinum is fairly rare and Dark Energy is very rare. I'd love to be able to trade some of my massive stockpiles of Iridium for Platinum.

Make sure you install the DLCs. In my opinion, it gave me the best assault rifle and sniper rifle in the game. My solider is loving it. My only regret is that I didn't buy from Gamespot, because then I would have had that awesome heavy weapon gravity gun. Ah well, for heavy weps, there's none better than the Nuke Launcher.

MassEffect22010-01-3002-38-12-54.jpg

MassEffect22010-01-3002-38-16-57.jpg

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

*sigh* my infiltrator is on the second round of recruitment, but I have yet to find a new sniper rifle. Pistol and AR yes, but no rifle

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Another way of reducing the monotony of resource gathering would be the ability to trade resources. It obviously wouldn't/shouldn't be a 1:1 ratio, as Iridium is everywhere, Palladium is fairly common, Platinum is fairly rare and Dark Energy is very rare. I'd love to be able to trade some of my massive stockpiles of Iridium for Platinum.

That's odd. Just by scanning everything in the cluster you start off in, I found more Platinum than anything else-- probably 30% more of that than of Iridium or Palladium.

Edit: I am also both happy and disappointed that this worked to reduce load times.

Edited by Enoch

The multicore problem is weird, most people have dual or quad CPUs these days but only a few have that bug. Didnt happen to any of my friends.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Renegade options the most fun so far, nothing like headbutting a krogan to shut him up. :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

... so how many weapons are in the game? I'm already on Disk Two and I've barely found 6 of 'em.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Thats not good, I think Im halfway through the game and I only have 2 AR's, 2 pistols and 3 heavies.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

... so how many weapons are in the game? I'm already on Disk Two and I've barely found 6 of 'em.

Baseline is 2 of everything.

5 heavy weapons.

1 bonus AR, shotgun, or sniper rifle.

1 bonus AR that apparently only appears on hardcore or higher from what I've heard.

DLC weapons.

Edited by Deraldin

Well that kinda sucks. :(

How many DLC weapons are there? Because frankly, it'd be a bit too complicated for me to go get said DLC.