Mass Effect 2

Gorth

I think it's a sad thing that sex scenes are the most talked about aspect of their game period. Seriously it's 5-10 minutes in a 20 hour+ game. Besides it's the 2nd biggest issue on the bio forums.

Well they are disappointing but not exactly a substantial reason to complain.

I liked FFX

;(

I know most consider it one of the worst, but I found it really imaginative.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I think it's a sad thing that sex scenes are the most talked about aspect of their game period. Seriously it's 5-10 minutes in a 20 hour+ game. Besides it's the 2nd biggest issue on the bio forums.

But the fact that a whole game is boiled down to sex scenes is.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

But the fact that a whole game is boiled down to sex scenes is.

This.

True RPG nerds would complain only for the important stuff.

:lol:

I'm not so sure.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

All the motion capture must have been fun.

*Imagines humping a bean bag chair dressed in a skin-tight suit at 6am in a freezing mocap studio that smells like the subway*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Those "sex"-scenes in ME2, urgh. Garrus actually worked, but the rest? Were's the passion? Where's the lust?

Bah.

GTAIV atleast managed to make something tacky into something funny.

P.S. FFX was awesome.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, Id rather have something than nothing. Ye olde "fade to black" of games in the past.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Speaking of which, does anyone knows if they finally show Turian or Krogan women? I get it that they are both patriarchal societies, but two 20 hours average games and not a single woman! :lol:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

It can't be so bad, I mean if Krogan males have three testicles maybe the women have three something (Total Recall) :lol:

Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif

Thats the price they pay for making it accessible to every imbecile.
You know, this comment triggered some sort of knee-jerk reaction inside me. But after thinking about it for a while and considering the huge success of things like Big Whorehouse, America's Next Retard, and The Cutthroat Brown-noser, I can only point out that old CRPGs weren't especially unaccessible... they merely lacked a strong marketing drive supporting them. That and, um, I don't remember being raped in Shattered Lands.

*dons monocle*

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"Ever try explaining THAC0 to one of the un-initiated?"

yes, and they elarned it pretty quickly. Thaco, is not a difficult concept to grasp. OMGZ The number goes down. Like golf. Like subtraction. OMG The horror!

Sorry, I don't get where this cocnept that thaco is so some ubscure, complicated thing to master. In fact, the only time I ever hear that nonsense from is hardcore interent d&d nerds. Certainly, not anyone in the real world. Even random people who played D&D once learn it rather quick.

The only thing that makes D&D or other games 'complicated' to learn is the sheer AMOUNT of rules to absorb.

P.S. I gotz mez tha gamez!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I can only point out that old CRPGs weren't especially unaccessible...

Ever try explaining THAC0 to one of the un-initiated?

To hit AC 0. What's hard in that?

The problem is when you have to guess it.

The only thing that makes D&D or other games 'complicated' to learn is the sheer AMOUNT of rules to absorb.

Yeah, that's probably a stronger point than the one I made. Picture someone new to D&D or AD&D, reading over every spell description and trying to figure out which ones are most useful. (And then again with feats, classes, races, subclasses/PrCs...)

whoever has this game, how is the pc ui? good? or does it suffer from console-itis?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

whoever has this game, how is the pc ui? good? or does it suffer from console-itis?

I can let you know later today, but I didn't think that ME1's interface was too console-ized, and I haven't heard about them changing much in that regard. Except for inventory and shopping, both of which are radically different in the sequel, the only interface-based ME1 complaint I had was that mousing around in the galaxy map often took more real estate than was available on my mousepad.

I can only point out that old CRPGs weren't especially unaccessible...

Ever try explaining THAC0 to one of the un-initiated?

To hit AC 0. What's hard in that?

The problem is when you have to guess it.

I played through BG2 the whole game without understanding it. All Swedish P&P RPGs use the "roll under your skill value to succeed" a la SPECIAL so I was mystified by this weird value. I basicly just used the coolest looking gear, not the best.

^not smart person.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Oh come on now. That is Mass Effect's "You must gather before venturing forth" and "Get me out of this hellhole" fro9m the BG games.

I tried modding those out once. It just wasn't the same without them. :o

Will let you know in about 5 minutes. :lol:

I slept through my alarm and the first half of my class so I guess I'm free to play ME2 right away... :ermm: