What are You playing now?

Gorth

Guest Slinky
Yeah, DA feels overlong, but so does TW. I mean, the time you spend walking around in TW is ridiculous. Some sort of fast-travel system a la Mysteries of Westgate would have made a huge difference.

Sure, couple times in act 1 and 4 I was little irritated with running back and forth, but the reason why DA was overlong to me is because it constantly felt like I had to go from point A to B while the space between had nothing but monter killing. That equals massive yawnfest to me. I didn't get that feeling in TW.

At least in hard mode there's a bit more to combat in the Witcher than simply clicking the mouse. Using alchemy intelligently is a must. But a very good thing about the Witcher is the possiblity to actually avoid all filler combat by just running away. Try to do that in Dragon Age.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yeah, DA feels overlong, but so does TW. I mean, the time you spend walking around in TW is ridiculous. Some sort of fast-travel system a la Mysteries of Westgate would have made a huge difference.

Sure, couple times in act 1 and 4 I was little irritated with running back and forth, but the reason why DA was overlong to me is because it constantly felt like I had to go from point A to B while the space between had nothing but monter killing. That equals massive yawnfest to me. I didn't get that feeling in TW.

I sorta kinda have to agree with Dragon Age having some fairly dull bits. Mostly it consists of every quest kind of running for 'one dungeon too long'. Or in the case of Orzammar, several.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Playing Darksiders right now on my PS3, and loving it. Screw Gamespot and IGN; comparison of two games on two different systems which came out over a 13 year period and which not everyone has played does not mean that the game is only average. Though I have noticed that at both sites any game not from a big name but which is good will get a 7.8-8.0, never higher, while poor big-name games will get a lowest score of 8.5.

Well, all the walking around in TW got tedious sometimes for me. Yeah, it wasn't quite as tedious as some of dungeons in DA, but it still artificially lengthened the game.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Witcher would have been a lot better with some arcade challenge to winning the fights 'point, click' gets tedious for me really fast. No blocking, dodging, counter etc. Unfortunately they seem to have stuck with that concept for the sequel, maybe because they can make the fights look cool, as opposed to interesting, that way.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'm itching to participate and start a flame war but can't since I still refuse to play Dragon Age. ;(

Really Bos, failing to acknowledge that the Witcher had much more going for it than just the erotic stuff, whether you liked it or not, is complete pigheadedness.

Was the cheese tasty Boo? :-

But why am I the only one that can't be pigheaded? I like being pigheaded.

Seriously though, that's all I remeber of it.(Perhaps that says more about me then the game?) That and people running for shelter from the rain. But then I only reached the Chapter 2/swamp until I got too bored to play it anymore.

I sorta kinda have to agree with Dragon Age having some fairly dull bits. Mostly it consists of every quest kind of running for 'one dungeon too long'. Or in the case of Orzammar, several.

Deep roads, horrible, horrible stuff. :x

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

After two weeks of no gaming I'm finally back in Tokyo and still playing FF13. Seeing how my finals are about to start, I don't see myself playing any other games throughout this month. About 15 hours in and still enjoying it. It has become a bit frusturating not being able to switch party members, but I hear that in about 5 hours I will finally be able to do just that, yay.

Was the cheese tasty Boo? :-

But why am I the only one that can't be pigheaded? I like being pigheaded.

Seriously though, that's all I remeber of it.(Perhaps that says more about me then the game?) That and people running for shelter from the rain. But then I only reached the Chapter 2/swamp until I got too bored to play it anymore.

You've no idea. ;(

You can be but that's playing along and its no fun at all. :x

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Yeah, no kidding, especially at the Deep Roads part - just an endless tunnel crawl. TW's travel never bothered me that much, still hated the swamp the first time due some waters being passable.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Do what I did and put the game on easy, skip the sidequests and skip all the dialogue. Not only is it more enjoyable - the combat gets shorter, you don't need to visit those boring sidequest planets and the dull conversations are mostly removed - but the game can be completed in 5 hours! :p

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I went to my cousin and played Demon's Souls tonight. I am now all flustered with frustration. I think we managed to die a thousand times and probably only got a few thousand souls for our troubles! SO DIFFICULT! We're stuck at the end of a castle wall where four archers await together with two swordsmen with blue eyes and two more archers on top of a building. We ALWAYS die there! It's so narrow, a dragon keeps burning us to cinders if we retreat and those blue eyed swordsmen keep hitting us through our shield. God this game is frustrating!

I have no idea what kind of character my cousin has built but we get beaten by everything.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for my Radeon 5870 to arrive so I can finally start playing Borderlands.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I went to my cousin and played Demon's Souls tonight. I am now all flustered with frustration. I think we managed to die a thousand times and probably only got a few thousand souls for our troubles! SO DIFFICULT! We're stuck at the end of a castle wall where four archers await together with two swordsmen with blue eyes and two more archers on top of a building. We ALWAYS die there! It's so narrow, a dragon keeps burning us to cinders if we retreat and those blue eyed swordsmen keep hitting us through our shield. God this game is frustrating!

I have no idea what kind of character my cousin has built but we get beaten by everything.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for my Radeon 5870 to arrive so I can finally start playing Borderlands.

lol your description of demon souls reminds me of vagrant story. "NONE OF MY WEAPONS DO ANY DAMAGE AGHHHHHHH"

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Sounds even more hardcore than Divinity 2.

Divinity 2 also uses the BioWare cutscene trick, but with the difference that if you're underleveled for the fight you're dead as soon as you've taken one hit. Pretty hilarious.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Reinstalled STALKER, currently collecting mods. Any cosmetic ones you people recommend besides Oblivion Lost and Float 32?

Well, the STALKER Complete mod adds some serious eye-candy. Check it out:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete...te-2009-release

Anyway, what am I playing? Nothing really. I tried Daggerfall this afternoon, but I don't feel like I can commit to such a long game right now. Really, I'm more in the mood for some action game. Hey, maybe I'll even reinstall STALKER.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Is this compatible with the previous two? I'm vary of overwriting files without certainty.

Is this compatible with the previous two? I'm vary of overwriting files without certainty.

Can't help you on that one. I only tried this on a fresh installation.

Oh well, at worst the game won't start. Thanks.

I did some digging around and found a comprehensive readme of the mod, which includes FAQ:

http://paveldolgov.com/mods/Stalker_Comple....4.3_Readme.pdf

But the relevant part is this:

If you need to reinstall the mod, it is highly recommended to uninstall your existing mod installation first. The uninstaller (unins000.exe) is located in your STALKER-SHOC\Stalker Complete 2009\ directory (the exact location is detailed below) along with this Readme, and you can always uninstall from the Windows Control Panel as well.

So it seems it's not compatible with previous versions.

STALKER Complete already includes and supersedes Float32.

And, while I haven't tried Oblivion Lost, I'd guess it doesn't interfere with Complete as it changes different things. EDIT: except for sky textures and weather....

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Reinstalled STALKER, currently collecting mods. Any cosmetic ones you people recommend besides Oblivion Lost and Float 32?

Anyway, what am I playing? Nothing really. I tried Daggerfall this afternoon, but I don't feel like I can commit to such a long game right now. Really, I'm more in the mood for some action game. Hey, maybe I'll even reinstall STALKER.

DOes that mod change anything other than making the game graphically better?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.