Dragon Age Discussion

CoM_Solaufein

Strange bug - reloaded game (was logged in) and my Bergen's honour helm was gone, as was Morrigan's staff. However, there was a fresh tome of frozen waste (cheers! +3 STR) and the game told me that i'd finished the soldier's peak quest - a definite DLC bug i suspect.

EDIT: So I re-loaded an old save, luckily DA does loads of saves for you, about one or two rooms previously and everything was restored.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

Strange bug - reloaded game (was logged in) and my Bergen's honour helm was gone, as was Morrigan's staff. However, there was a fresh tome of frozen waste (cheers! +3 STR) and the game told me that i'd finished the soldier's peak quest - a definite DLC bug i suspect.

EDIT: So I re-loaded an old save, luckily DA does loads of saves for you, about one or two rooms previously and everything was restored.

I have had the same bug happen to me.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

There seem to be some bugs in DLC's, the guy who shows up at the campsite and gives the wardens keep quest suddenly came back there with an amnesia. I had done the quest already but he didn't think so and gave the option to buy and download the quest. Otherwise it worked, I just had to ignore him at the camp.

But DA is really bug free concidering how big it is. I didn't have a single other quest bug and I had just and only one crash to desktop.

There seem to be some bugs in DLC's, the guy who shows up at the campsite and gives the wardens keep quest suddenly came back there with an amnesia. I had done the quest already but he didn't think so and gave the option to buy and download the quest. Otherwise it worked, I just had to ignore him at the camp.

But DA is really bug free concidering how big it is. I didn't have a single other quest bug and I had just and only one crash to desktop.

DA is not 'bug free'. It is however fairly well polished but certainly some areas clearly need work.

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Same here. I have not encountered any bugs so far *knock on wood*, and only one odd crash, then I remembered to update my Nvidia drivers and all is well.

A bug that hits me a few times every play session is during movement, the game may abruptly switch to a different party member. Initially I thought it might have just been me fat-fingering something but I'd say not because the originally selected character would just continue running in the original direction and get split from the party (most usually sprinting into a wall or a rock or somesuch). This tends to happen when I move with the mouse instead of the keyboard, although I haven't specifically tried to reproduce it.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It happened to me a few times that upon selecting a character after I had positioned him/her somewhere away from an enemy, the character would teleport right next to the enemy. Not fun when you're trying to kill a dragon.

That said, I hope someone will make a mod that removes or changes the underwear armor female Dalish elves are wearing. It looks ridiculous.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

That said, I hope someone will make a mod that removes or changes the underwear armor female Dalish elves are wearing. It looks ridiculous.

Seriously, how often are you running around in underwear..... actually don't answer that. I don't want to know.

part of the issue with identifying bugs in da is that we don't know the rules. a majority o' the bugs in d&d crpgs is almost always related to incorrect implementation o' rulez. with da we don't know if something seeming wacky is broken on purpose or by accident. dagger damage is confirmed busted by bio, but am not sure if some o' the bows is working right as different bows is resulting in very odd damages.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

DA is not 'bug free'. It is however fairly well polished but certainly some areas clearly need work.

What bugs would those be?

Didn't we just discuss load/save bug issues 3 or 4 posts up?

Path finding can be a bit buggy from time to time.

Party AI not firing

And folks are talking about CTD as well from time to time.

Those are bugs, because its MOSTLY stable/polished does not = bug free. I love how one peep above says I've not encounted any bugs then in the next breath contrdicts themsevles and talks about CTD issues. Then its not bug free is it?

Hint; NO modern game is 'bug free'. Stating so is pure ignorance.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

^ That's me, and if I'm honest your snarkiness is starting to grate. Had you considered that, prior to that original post, I had no issues with bugs (I didn't). The CTD was about five minutes before I posted that comment.

Check it out, I am not a Bio fanboy by any stretch of the imagination but I do call it as I see it.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Hint; NO modern game is 'bug free'. Stating so is pure ignorance.

Did you really take my post like that? I even told that I had one quest bug in the same post :thumbsup:

Chill out man.

Yeah some definite DLC related issues.

"Hint; NO modern game is 'bug free'. Stating so is pure ignorance. "

HINT: NO game EVER, modern or otherwise, is bug free.

That said, stating this concept repaedtly mainly in your alme attempt to continue bashing BIO like bugs ar eunique to them is hilariously entertaining. Let's put it this way for ya, DA is relkatively bug free compared to most otehr games including other BIO ones. Happy now?

Grom is right, though, as it's not exactly to tell DA rule systems stuff is bugged or working as is since nobody but BIO knows how they are supposed to work 100%.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So is that the gamer geek version of a zen koan?

"If you don't notice a bug in a game and play on, does it count as a bug?"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"The exception proves the rule" is one of those phrases that lots of people use without understanding it. What it means is that the existence of a general rule can be inferred by the existence of a specific exception to it.

E.g. the description of the Warduck class says that the Warduck can invoke the "Be Awesome" power once per day. The descriptions of the Magic Rabbit and Sneakweasel classes don't mention the Be Awesome power. Since the exception proves the rule, the general rule must be that these other classes cannot use Be Awesome, and the kid wanting his Sneakweasel to Be Awesome like a Warduck needs to STFU.