Dragon Age Discussion

CoM_Solaufein

I haven't had the pleasure of a full-party-wipe yet, only time I came close was

with a teleporting Arcane Horror that summoned hordes of undead mooks. I had to do a cowardly retreat and let my mages mop it all up.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I haven't had the pleasure of a full-party-wipe yet, only time I came close was

with a teleporting Arcane Horror that summoned hordes of undead mooks. I had to do a cowardly retreat and let my mages mop it all up.

I was pretty fed up at that point and just used a bow to kill it without getting swarmed by all the crap that it normally summons.

I got a near instant party wipe the first time with that arcane horror, then found it surprisingly easy to snipe him down the second. Good times.

I play pretty recklessly so I've had at least ten party wipes I think. I should be able to get by without most of them my second playthrough, planned for a dual-wielding assassin. I'm near the end now, having completed

the Landsmeet by getting Alistair to marry Anora.

Oh, having taken Leliana along for a little while and doing her quest, I do have to agree that she is a pretty good character and not the Imoen-sop she appeared to be. I still don't like her 'softie softie' voice (made worse by the faux French accent) but good characterisation.

My dwarven commoner rogue is now level 18 and unfortunately I found out that difficulty of the game goes down (on just about all type of party configurations) after level 12 or so. What's strange is that traditional AD&D games break down around those levels too. Game mechanics and combat mechanics are nothing like AD&D (at least pre 4th edition, dont know nothing about that one) but same thing happens. Weird.

I've kept difficulty at hard all the time and I'm not going to change it untill next run. Now I just let computer handle NPCs and control my own character and zerg rush most of the encounters. Also tiny apology to Bioware. I was sure that Shale would be seriously underdeveloped character compared to rest of the party members but she seem to comment on various situations as much as the rest of the gang.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I'm perfectly capable of multiple full party wipes in quick succession on easy difficulty. I don't really play for the combat which is fairly repetitive so I only give the barest attention to tactics and skill selection.

I much prefer the non-combat violence like brazenly killing the merchant in Lothering via dialogue option.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Oh, having taken Leliana along for a little while and doing her quest, I do have to agree that she is a pretty good character and not the Imoen-sop she appeared to be. I still don't like her 'softie softie' voice (made worse by the faux French accent) but good characterisation.

We can be friends again. :p

And the voice actor was born in Paris. That's her real accent.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The whole inventory thing is getting ridiculous. 110 space isn't enough and level-1-lock chests I open now have better stuff than the level 3 ones I opened on level 6. :p

Somehow I'm starting to be able to kill Revenants and it only took 3-4 lyrium and 1 health potions.

And the voice actor was born in Paris. That's her real accent.

Another way to eat my hat. :p Serves me right, actually, how would I tell a real French accent from a fake?

On inventory - I got along fine with 80 most of the time, but that's because I didn't bother to pick all the locks (most of them have meh loot anyway) and throw out salves, etc.

I went through the Dalish Elf origin yesterday (for future use) and although the origin doesn't make much sense near the end, I was happy to discover an act of ruthless, wanton violence in Ostagar I had missed before.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

How did you get that to happen?

It looks like it's happening at a place where it doesn't really make much sense.

I didn't really look around for it, but the only time I ever got Morrigan female female sex was when I broke by the game by warping around the world.

I might be gimping myself, only time will tell. My warrior is focusing on the two handed weapon trees. If nothing else, it looks cool when fighting (yeah, I am such a power gamer) :wacko:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

How did you get that to happen?

It looks like it's happening at a place where it doesn't really make much sense.

What? Are you suggesting that my character can end a centuries old curse, defeat demons and abominations, destroy an undead horde, descover a lost artifact in the heart of darkspawn terrotiry, pull Ferelden from the brink of civil war, unite the people's of the world against the Blight, and kill an archdemon -- she can do ALL this, but she can't

impregnante

Morrigan

with an old god

?!

WARNING: That's a major spoilers above and below. Don't look at it!

It's very simple how I did it.

During the Landsmeet, I spared Loghian. When Roidan tells us what it takes to kill an archdemon and Morrigan gives me the other option, I convince Loghian to do it. When I talk to Morrigan next, I ask her if there's any other way. I get three options, one of which is 'I convinced Alistair to sleep with you.' Cue sexytime with my character.

Don't tell me you didn't leave this in on purpose. It's too glaring to be a 'bug.'

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

^ If you can do that in the game then I take my :: sigh :: back. I thought that was fan-made and symptomatic of the "RPG-as-soap-opera" tendency. My views on the romances have been made, I'll spare you the chore of having to hear them again.

As an aside, I did the dwarf commoner origin today and suspect it will be my favourite, it's got a bit of everything, Good Fellas meets Gladiator!

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Oh, talking about soap opera, I do like some of the banter.

Sten and Morrigan loathe each other. As you build Sten's approval up he starts to see Morrigan as the manipulative harpy she is. Morrigan, OTOH, taunts Sten about how she must desire him. Sten is a bit embarrassed about this but finally when she's asking him if he desires her (again) he calls her out and tells her that she will require a certain amount of protective equipment to survive a night Qunari passion.

For the first time in the game Morrigan STFU. It's great.

I know Sten is a brilliant character because the Bio forum regulars hate him. Ha ha ha.

sonsofgygax.JPG

^ If you can do that in the game then I take my :: sigh :: back. I thought that was fan-made and symptomatic of the "RPG-as-soap-opera" tendency. My views on the romances have been made, I'll spare you the chore of having to hear them again.

As an aside, I did the dwarf commoner origin today and suspect it will be my favourite, it's got a bit of everything, Good Fellas meets Gladiator!

Cheers

MC

Keep the sigh: if I *could* do stuff like that with the toolset, I *would*. Though admittedly, I'd prefer a scene with the Lady of the Forest, a desire demon, or an ogre.

But no, I got that through old-fashion trying out the various dialogue options.

I believe Mary Kirby wrote the dwarf origins, as well as Sten. She is not fond of romances in video games.