A reminder about upcoming games

Humodour

Really looking forward to Torchlight. Pre-ordered Torchlight and Borderlands on Steam. Got L4D2 preordered as well on there.

I might wind up picking up Demon's Souls as well. Plus Dragon Age, and maybe Modern Warfare 2, but the lack of dedicated server support rubs me the wrong way.

Gonna be a fun November.

Matthew Rorie

Guys, if I buy Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam instead of physical stores, will it be the censored Australian version or the real version which the rest of the world gets?

That single ****ing Attorney General blocking the creation of an R18+ classification category for computer games means L4D2 gets refused classification here. God damn.

Edited by Krezack

that trailer was actually really god damn cool

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

that trailer was better than a lot of games, heh. however, i think the game itself will be pretty cool too. l4d was .. is... great, and now they've added chainsaws.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

That sucks. Write a letter to your government :lol:

Oh, there has been many of those.

The lack of R18+ and X18+ ratings for games has been the subject of complaint in the gaming community, particularly on the basis that there is no reason why adults should not be able to see content in games that they would see in a film. One of the main opponents to the introduction of a R18+ rating for video games is the South Australian Attorney-General Michael Atkinson who has vetoed every attempt to induce one.

The Federal Government supports an R18+ classification, but since such a move would require the consent of the Attorney Generals of each state (Australia is a federation of six originally independent colonies), and one unelected government bureaucrat keeps vetoing it, we'll have to wait till he resigns or dies.

:lol:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The following games will be unlocked on Steam (and I'm guessing other stores, digital or otherwise) in the next 1 to 4 weeks:

Borderlands (5 days)

Torchlight (6 days)

Dragon Age (1 week, 6 days)

Left 4 Dead 2 (3 weeks, 6 days)

I only post this because I was personally surprised that all these guys were about to be released and figured others might like to know.

I guess that answers my question in the DA thread. I imagine DA will be available via D2D or some other digital distribution system? (I got Mass Effect from EA, so I'd imagine so).

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I've got it loaded on Steam, so.

Anybody feel like taking advantage of the $16 discount on L4D2 entering into a 4-pack deal with me? I will require $34 transferred via paypal, at which point I will gift a copy to you. Includes early access to the demo and a new baseball bat you can apparently use.

I've been watching the Torchlight streams today and yesterday and I'll likely be getting this. Looks like solid, addictive fun. Plus, it's cheap as hell, will have an editor and features new music from the Diablo composer. Hell yes.

Didn't even know about the game until a few days ago, glad I found out about it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0