What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Brutal Legend is one that Ive watched, for a long time; Definitely one I would buy sight unseen. It really seems like a game I'd like a lot ~but they'll have to make a PC port of it to get my money.

(Maybe in three years or so ~maybe never shrug-1.gif).

Giants had RTS and humor and it was awesome.

BL has heavy metal, RTS and humor. It is metal.

Giants ~(heck any early game by PlanetMoon), was incredibly awesome.

Edited by Gizmo

i think a lot of people must have never even considered what type of game brutal legend is. they probably just thought: its a game... with comedy stuff and metal /endthought

and since they dont like rts games because they dont have one of them fancy compooters now they complain that someone put blueberry in their cheesecake.

I DO wish that it was on pc though, it would be more better

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I have been going through Oblivion. I have so far completed the Arena, The Dark Brotherhood, the Thieves' Guild, the Fighters' Guild, the Mages' Guild, and now doing the Knights of the Nine. After that, only the Shivering Isles and the Main Quest remains.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I have been going through Oblivion. I have so far completed the Arena, The Dark Brotherhood, the Thieves' Guild, the Fighters' Guild, the Mages' Guild, and now doing the Knights of the Nine. After that, only the Shivering Isles and the Main Quest remains.

Do you have a leveling mod? It makes the game so much more enjoyable if you do! At least for me it did. o:)

I just bought fallout2, Morrowind, and Hitman Bloodmoney! :D I've been buying to many games and not playing them lol Want Fallout 3 GoTY Edition also if it comes out on Steam :lol: also assains creed. Bah I need to play the games I've got but i have no time, just money. o:)

Good lord, man. What would drive you to this madness?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The third chapter was boring & repetitive, though. Best were the chapters starring the Mechs & Delphi (who actually only wore a bikini in the US version of the game... for some reason -_- )

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

All with the same character? -_-

I'm still playing Risen: slash thump trundle trundle slash slash oops reload slash slash squelch

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The third chapter was boring & repetitive, though. Best were the chapters starring the Mechs & Delphi (who actually only wore a bikini in the US version of the game... for some reason -_- )

IIRC she had no bikini top in my version.

An anecdote: I didn't know why everyone found the valley of mines chapter in Gothic 2 so easy-peasy. Then I tried Dragon Snapper transformation spell.

Sheesh. Easy levels galore.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

All with the same character? :blink:

I'm still playing Risen: slash thump trundle trundle slash slash oops reload slash slash squelch

the genius (read: stupidity) of oblivion was that your master mage could also be the best gladiator in the country, head of the fighters guild, assassins guild, and reincarnated godslayer.

every character i made in that game started as a thief, stayed a thief, never learned any magic, and yet was head of the mages guild within a week or so.

they should have had a toggle at the beginning of the game : casual mode, normal mode.

normal mode would have made that type of **** EXTREMELY hard to do. bah.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I've been hitting the Fallout 3 DLC over the past few days. Picked up Operation Anchorage, Broken Steel and Point Lookout.

Broken Steel was kind of meh, but with the boosting of the level cap makes the other dlc less of an exercise in futility character improvement wise. Operation Anchorage I really liked, mostly for its look (and the Gauss rifle), I have to admit. Currently in the middle of Point Lookout, and this is probably the best, most atmospheric chunk of Fallout 3 I've played. I've also had a single crash in about ~10 hours of gameplay over the past few days (PS3 version), which, based on the reviews, makes me a lucky guy.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

the genius (read: stupidity) of oblivion was that your master mage could also be the best gladiator in the country, head of the fighters guild, assassins guild, and reincarnated godslayer.

every character i made in that game started as a thief, stayed a thief, never learned any magic, and yet was head of the mages guild within a week or so.

they should have had a toggle at the beginning of the game : casual mode, normal mode.

normal mode would have made that type of **** EXTREMELY hard to do. bah.

It was pretty retarded that Bethesda took away Morrowind's unlimited training in Oblivion, yet on the other hand also took away skill requirements to advance through ranks. Then again, most changes from Morrowind were pretty retarded, to say the least.

Best thing to do in Oblivion is kill Umbra at level 1, nab her ebony armor & ub3r sword and head through the portal to Sheogorath's realm.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I could never kill Umbra at level 1. I am playing a Breton, with all Mage skills, except Alchemy. I replaced Alchemy with Blades. I am playing the console version with all the DLCs and the Expansion. I have 85 hours under my belt and currently level 30. My blades and Light Armor skill are at decent levels, thanks to the Arena for the initial boosts, and due to the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild my Sneak, Security, and Illusion got pretty high quickly. Illusion was the first skill I mastered.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Started a new game of EU III, this time as Milan. Conquered most of the italian peninsula and is just waiting for time to pass so Ancona can turn into one of my core provinces (and my bad boy rating go down to reasonable levels again) so I can form the Italian Nation. Then Italy shall rule the world! ;)

Picked up War in the Pacific again, having another go at the tutorials. I had started on that previously, but Real Life

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I could never kill Umbra at level 1.

make a bit of money via alchemy then buy Apotheosis from the staff store in the Imperial City Market District

zap Umbra

win

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Rogue Spear. Ah, when Rainbow Six was good. I would play Raven Shield but I lost my CDs, feh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The pre-Vegas Rainbow Six games were way too static and unforgiving. You would crawl around with the enemy standing completely still in randomized positons and they would shoot you smack in the head when the non-existant AI detected a single pixel of your hitbox. The ****ty AI killed both the action and the strategy

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This is apparently how Bethesda Game Studios now does business in crpgs. Its utter crap, imo, and completely counter to the point of an rpg. It's just an exercise in fantasy wanking.

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The pre-Vegas Rainbow Six games were way too static and unforgiving. You would crawl around with the enemy standing completely still in randomized positons and they would shoot you smack in the head when the non-existant AI detected a single pixel of your hitbox. The ****ty AI killed both the action and the strategy

You're just a sissy with no reflexes.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hm, I disagree, I found them challenging and fun, not way too unforgiving or dull. Then again, I really enjoyed the planning aspect. You wouldn't get the "epic" firefights you do in Vegas, but Rainbow is supposed to "move silently, and strike like a thunderbolt" or something to that effect . The AI was bad in that it didn't really react to your presence as much as it should so ambushed were pretty easy, something the later ones are still guilty of. The whole appeal of the games was that they were unforgiving and realistic. The later ones sort of trade that for COD-esque non-stop action.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra