Michael Thorton's Twitter feed

I doubt the twitter messages are as revealing as you guys are making it out; maybe the original SCEA reference, but that's about it.

In other news, since the twitter deal was obviously part of the pre-release hype machine, I wonder what will happen now. It would kill MCA to do it for 8 more months.

In the beginning I would have agreed but now? The whole PDA upgrade/virus story just fits too well to what is most likely going on behind the scenes. Especially with the "Omerta Protocol" and the "The upgrade can go both ways" message. It's probably not as explicit as has been suggested earlier in the thread but I would be surprised if we find that it is completely unrelated to the whole delay rumor story.

Anyway, I think it is an awesome way to keep us teased and you are right, I'd love to see how MCA could keep this up for 8 Months :o.

A couple new additions:

"They finally shut down the alarms in the basement area after the virus hit, and now ALL the servers are off-line. Great."

"But they're installing an anti-virus update, which = another chance to slip in more of my surveillance software. Ahhhh, bugs producing bugs."

If we go by the present conspiracy theory, and I am going to because the idea of a conspiracy theory about a game about conspiracy theories just tickles my funny bone, it looks like all of the "alarms" are gone now. They are insisting on a few more minor tweeks before giving it a green light?

Oh, I was thinking somewhere along the lines of the virus was submitting an alpha Protocol , ah what do you call it, ah, beta? To sega, the virus failed, i.e. Sega rejected it now theyre revising it to submit it again, i.e. another chance to slip in the virus.

Of course, that is if this is relevant at all, which it better be. Decrypting this makes me feel like an espionage man.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

the back ground on the twitter the part in latin is

nullus can insi=any can sit upon something

I think there is an entire thread dedicated to Obsidians latin translation technique ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think there is an entire thread dedicated to Obsidians latin translation technique :lol:

Was that about Obsidian's latin translation techniques.. or just pernickity internet detectives? >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"Sudden urge for gelato. No idea where that came from. Still, no chance of getting that (or even "Freedom Ice Cream") in the cafeteria."

Well done, Mr. Avellone. I laughed for a good three minutes at "Freedom Ice Cream."

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

It will be interesting to see what the feed will say now that Sega has pushed the game back. Maybe Thorton will fall into a coma and grow that lumberjack beard so that if the game does release he can start his first mission "under cover!" At least the dude writing it can take a creative break from coming up with one liners and possible hidden meaning quips. :lol:

He'll probably start up with one liners that are relatively meaningless, just to enjoy watching the forums try to unravel the 'secret' meaning behind them all...

(That is, if he isn't doing that already.. :lol: )

So what conspiracy theories can be spun from the latest of offerings...

"Darcy never figured out the multiplier I put into his e-transactions - winning the hazing bet got me 2 grand instead of 20 bucks."

So what conspiracy theories can be spun from the latest of offerings...

"Darcy never figured out the multiplier I put into his e-transactions - winning the hazing bet got me 2 grand instead of 20 bucks."

Maybe you can, but it isn't worth it. HAXing "someone's" bets was mentioned in an earlier preview.

Asked how long training lasts before we get deployed. Answer: wait for a press release or international incident, whichever comes first.

This is clearly a challenge for us! We need to create an international incident! Who is with me?! :D

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's going to be a lengthy delay.. do you think there's going to be another 3-5 months worth of interesting and amusing twitter from Thorton? Or can we expect to start finding Yancy and others twitting away as well... :thumbsup:

Need to bring the "fund scrounging" up with Westridge, but it looks like field agents need to set up their own accounts.

11:48 AM Oct 16th from web

It's all in the spirit of keeping up the appearance of being rogue... sounds more like a dodge to keep Congress from calling.

11:49 AM Oct 16th from web

As someone who has done some investigating for Congress, I'm crying foul here. The Constitution requires an appropriation from Congress for the expenditure of funds by the government. (Art. I, sec. 9, cl. 7) It doesn't matter if these funds are drawn from sources other than the general fund of the Treasury, funded by tax receipts. (E.g., Nat'l park charges admission, but it can't spend that money unless Congress passes a law saying that it can.) So there has to be a statute somewhere saying that AP agents can acquire funds in the field and spend them in support of their operations, or the agency is illegal. And if there is such a statute out there, oversight comes with it.

(Note: Temptation to register a twitter account and point this out in a reply is high. But not high enough.)

Clearly, Obsidian needs to hire an expert on federal appropriations law to check this stuff for them. I'll send my resume in momentarily. :)

Edited by Enoch

Need to bring the "fund scrounging" up with Westridge, but it looks like field agents need to set up their own accounts.

11:48 AM Oct 16th from web

It's all in the spirit of keeping up the appearance of being rogue... sounds more like a dodge to keep Congress from calling.

11:49 AM Oct 16th from web

As someone who has done some investigating for Congress, I'm crying foul here. The Constitution requires an appropriation from Congress for the expenditure of funds by the government. (Art. I, sec. 9, cl. 7) It doesn't matter if these funds are drawn from sources other than the general fund of the Treasury, funded by tax receipts. (E.g., Nat'l park charges admission, but it can't spend that money unless Congress passes a law saying that it can.) So there has to be a statute somewhere saying that AP agents can acquire funds in the field and spend them in support of their operations, or the agency is illegal. And if there is such a statute out there, oversight comes with it.

(Note: Temptation to register a twitter account and point this out in a reply is high. But not high enough.)

Clearly, Obsidian needs to hire an expert on federal appropriations law to check this stuff for them. I'll send my resume in momentarily. :sorcerer:

A black ops organisation that IS ILLEGAL. Call Ralph Nader, now!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hm, a black ops organisation... using the shady reasoning of :

"Well, it's not the government spending money.. its someone who has no official connection to the government.. therefore we don't have to make note. After all, we don't know how he's making his money, or exactly what he's spending it on... It's not like he's filing it on his tax returns...."

:sorcerer:

Clearly, Obsidian needs to hire an expert on federal appropriations law to check this stuff for them. I'll send my resume in momentarily. :thumbsup:
Unrelated: Clearly, SEGA needs to hire an expert on translations to localize this stuff for my homeland. I'll send my resume momentarily. :thumbsup:

Pretty please? :lol:

"Fund Scrounging"? Sounds like a debate over budgets and who pays what until "deployment" ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Clearly, Obsidian needs to hire an expert on federal appropriations law to check this stuff for them. I'll send my resume in momentarily.

I think Rorie heard you : http://twitter.com/Obsidian_Ent

RT @MikeThorton: I did more research on "self-funded" ops. Apparently, Alpha Protocol really does it to protect their money trails...

And apparently, new trailer on the way. Good, it will give us something to talk about other than the delay

Edited by Sannom