Michael Thorton's Twitter feed

Forecast of ****storms today - word is, Paris news crews caught footage of an Alpha Protocol agent on a mission gone bust.

I'd presume it's referring to the GTTV footage, given it ends with Thorton getting, well, busted. And if it were set in Paris...

IIRC it's in Rome.

It didn't specifically say "Mike Thorton", only "an Alpha Protocol agent". Maybe any of the Obsidianites has been to Paris lately?

Edit: "Orientation training sandbox again for second-stage drills. Sandbox stage has a PR evaluator, who tracks our "visible presence" in-mission."... that was two days before Matthews Rories post about new PR agent :p

Edit2: "Not sure who leaked the Beta Protocol news, superiors are classifying it under Operation: Constantinople. Not Istanbul. Constantinople. " Rumour thread

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The Sega employee who talked about AP2 is named Constantine, hence Constantinople. The Istanbul reference is there to nail the point that it is NOT a reference to the city, because if so they would have named the operation with the current name of the city.

You've never heard that joke? "I've had breakfast in Byzantium, lunch in Constantinople and dinner at Istanbul, and yet I haven't moved all day!"?

No, I'm an illiterate retard who doesn't know what Constantinople is.

Hint:

We never got specifically taught that Constantinople=Istanbul (kinda irrelevant to Hungarian history which unsurprisingly, was regarded as a bit more important than Istanbul's) and years later I didn't exactly feel an unquenchable urge to compare medieval and present day world maps millimeter by millimeter.

So sue me and sorry for daring to ask.

Sorry for that, it was uncalled for :o

Another twitt about Paris :

Still doing damage control on the Alpha Protocol agent in Paris - apparently, they cut him loose for real, not just in name.

Either a french website is going to get a new trailer soon, or Paris is the last, "hidden" hub of the game :(

No problem. :shifty:

Still doing damage control on the Alpha Protocol agent in Paris - apparently, they cut him loose for real, not just in name.

Either a french website is going to get a new trailer soon, or Paris is the last, "hidden" hub of the game :(

While I wouldn't mind a trailer (hey, we have to get by somehow till the game comes out), I don't think he'd use agent as an analogy. Training video or some such seems likelier. Edited by Oner

Either a french website is going to get a new trailer soon, or Paris is the last, "hidden" hub of the game :shifty:

Could be about French version localization as well...

Hate the living, love the dead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...