Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

How would they know to attack you then?

Think very hard about this one. How might they know?

You forgot to wipe the sacred dust off your face?

No really, I don't have a clue.

Sten is a gossip queen.

As for the trailer, yay I can kill Imoen. This game also seems to be like ME, as in I can role play an arse. :rolleyes: It also rienforces the fact that Morrigan is the best character in this game.

I assume that all the human party members, except Morrigan, will believe in the Chant of Light.

Does this mean I can off Alistair too? :shifty:

No intrest in being immortal, all Sauron-like?

Unfortunately, that is not an option in DA you are the 'saviour'. *sigh* Best I can hope for is being a wisecracking arse, so far the arse part looks in.

So much discussion for 3 minutes of gameplay.

Well it was a fairly interesting 3 minutes of gameplay.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Guest Slinky
Does this mean I can off Alistair too? :down:

Because of the urn? I don't think so. But I think I read somewhere that you can kill every partymember in the game.

Unfortunately, that is not an option in DA you are the 'saviour'. *sigh* Best I can hope for is being a wisecracking arse, so far the arse part looks in.

And thats the thing that bothers me the most in Bioware's games. You are either Jesus MK2, the saviour of the universe, or stupid bully who robs candy from kids laughing.

I get that bio doesn't want to do some Evil Bastard Simulator, but still.. I hope it's really not that black & white in DA. I still remember my evil playthrough of Fallout 2. Damn I actually felt sick few times.

Edited by Slinky

I get that bio doesn't want to do some Evil Bastard Simulator, but still.. I hope it's really not that black & white in DA. I still remember my evil playthrough of Fallout 2. Damn I actually felt sick few times.

Yep I was a child killer, serves them right for trying to pick pocket me.

Back to DA now and apparently an IGN reviewer has completed DA:O and comments that it's bigger them BG1 (can't remember how long that exactly was) has a 'dizzying' amount of choices and wants to start again with another character. If you are really interested here is the pod cast link.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Because of the urn? I don't think so. But I think I read somewhere that you can kill every partymember in the game.

You can kill or get rid of them all. Shale and Dog will never turn against you.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

"So the companions will just go "oh and by the way we destroyed your most sacred relic"? I really hope they have some common courtesy and respect for your decisions."

Wait a second. You just destroyed a religious artifact that is important and belongs to someone else yet you expect common courtesy and respect to be shown to you? LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Guest Slinky

Here's a hands-on of dwarf commoner's origin by gamespot.

Again a nod for Baldur's Gate:

920668_20090821_790screen004.jpg

If that is voiced, someone is going to suffer :-:-

Edited by Slinky

:-

Note how that screenie is a perfect example of dumbing down. In BG you had to actually gather your party before venturing fort. Now, in DA all you need to do is click yes. Weak, Bioware, weak. Removing a crucial gameplay feature from a classic just ain't going to fly with us hardcore people. C&C is dead. I bet we don't even have to listen to the spoken declaration one million and seven times because the console 'tards don't enjoy hearing. Decline of RPGs.

Also: "Gather your party and venture forth."

I'm going to quit RPGs forever, or at least until AP gets released or until I give Mount & Blade another spin. I hope you're ready to face the consequences, Bioware.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Funny they'd want to bring back the only annoying thing in the BG games :-

You may hate it when it's there, but the moment you install the mod the removes that voice, you start to miss it. It just isn't the same playing Baldur's Gate without hearing "You must gather your party..." every five seconds because one of your characters decided to wander off in the opposite direction after getting stuck on a tree. :-

You may hate it when it's there, but the moment you install the mod the removes that voice, you start to miss it. It just isn't the same playing Baldur's Gate without hearing "You must gather your party..." every five seconds because one of your characters decided to wander off in the opposite direction after getting stuck on a tree. :-

That must be the Stockholm syndrome speaking. The moment I got rid of it was a moment I stopped wanting to stab sharp objects into my ears every 5 seconds.

Edited by Purkake

That must be the Stockholm syndrome speaking. The moment I got rid of it was a moment I stopped wanting to stab sharp objects into my ears every 5 seconds.

Could be. All I know is that it just doesn't feel like Baldur's Gate until I hear that voice. :lol:

I used to mod it away... then I realised I missed it. :-

But then, I can act out all Irenicus cutscenes down to the inflection of voices.

An odd way to question, Irenicus. Did you not like his tone?

I used to mod it away... then I realised I missed it. :lol:

But then, I can act out all Irenicus cutscenes down to the inflection of voices.

An odd way to question, Irenicus. Did you not like his tone?

It's just not the same without that voice! :lol:

Also:

I... reconsidered, Matron. Your command was the wiser.

And for some strange reason, I have this urge to actually run through Irenicus dungeon again instead of just skipping it with Dungeon-Be-Gone for the millionth time.

Edited by Deraldin

It's a well designed dungeon, it's just too easy because the devs wanted to make sure it didn't frustrate and players actually got to see Athkatla (hence why the more difficult areas in Level 2, for instance, can be skipped). I go through it most of the time.

Back to DA - the wording makes me wonder if you can exit areas with the entire party even if you don't have everyone within the exit grid. I doubt you can have different party members in different areas due to memory limitations and whatnot, but will it be like PS:T where if one person reaches the grid you can all go?

Guest Slinky
Back to DA - the wording makes me wonder if you can exit areas with the entire party even if you don't have everyone within the exit grid. I doubt you can have different party members in different areas due to memory limitations and whatnot, but will it be like PS:T where if one person reaches the grid you can all go?

I'm willing to bet that it's like in PS:T. It's the days of streamlining after all. Still, not a big loss if you ask me.

The party members in different areas would have been nice though. Like if you want to break in some building you wouldn't have to bring everybody mess around in there, just the rogue.

Edit:

Haha Boo I was faster :lol:

Edited by Slinky

Apparently, yes.

Edit:

:lol:

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life