Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

Hey! I'm pretty sure I said that I felt the game's claim of being a spiritual successor to BG wasn't that far off!!!! /pout

:down:

It would be very easy for you to take this the wrong way, so please don't... but I'm not inclined to take anyone connected to Bio's word on this. Not after NWN1.

You are in an impossible position, I wouldn't expect you to be critical of the product but for that reason alone I prefer to hear from independent third parties like the guy who wrote the Game Banshee review.

Like I say, it's nothing personal.

Cheers

MC

Haha I know. Hence my o:) emoticon.

You know that there's a fair chunk of us here who come from the wargaming end of the spectrum, not the story-and-romance end, and the gambit system (as you call it) is easily one of the most interesting and impressive features I've learnt about. I make no apologies for not closely following the Bio forums (North Korea meets High School Musical), I can't stand yet another romance thread and the Stepford Fans. This type of feature should be up on the official website (where I get my info, quel horreur!) in forty point font. Now I know about it I am duly impressed and interested.

I'll take both. After all BGII had both so its hardly unattainable.

Saying one is primarily dedicated to making story based games is a weak excuse to make flimsy gameplay.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I'm sure EA will quickly release another cheesy trailer to quell our new-found enthusiasm. :lol:

You mean like this one?

Wow, that was kinda bad actually.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"I really hope someone at DA:O gets the hint and has some words with their marketing department. Untill now the game has been portrayed much too shallower and brainless than it seems to be."

Their marketing department is fine. People picking and choose what they 'remember' is the problem. The vast majority of the stuff in this preview has been disucssed/previewed/interviewed about repeatedly for the past few years.

Character system - not new info

Combat system - not new info

Role-playing - not new info

AI auto paths - not new info

Repeated over, and over again.

The marketing department has covered ALL aspects of the game. But, some people like to focus on only the parts they 'dislike'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Finally have played all the origin stories. My favourite easily has to be Dwarf Noble. I'm very curious how it will play out differently once you proceed into the main plot.

My order of preference is probably:

Dwarf Noble

Mage

Dwarf Commoner

City Elf

Human Noble

Dalish Elf

To be fair to the Dalish Elf one, it is also the one that I have played the most.