Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

And because people were posting a lot of links towards the end of the old thread:

Dragon Age Origins and Choice 2.0 one very major spoiler.
I wish there wasn't a limit on editing time..

This is the same situation, but ten ton hammer goes into more detail.

German tutorials with english subtitles:

Inventory system looks handy, ME's drove me bananas.

Got link? :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't know anything about this game, but it looks like your standard 4 party member hack/slash. I could go for something like that. I guess it will come down to the DRM.

I don't want anymore games requiring constant internet connection or only 3 hardware profiles/installs.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Guest Slinky
I don't know anything about this game, but it looks like your standard 4 party member hack/slash. I could go for something like that. I guess it will come down to the DRM.

It's a standard hack/slash, just as Half-Life 2 is a standard FPS, and NWN2 - Mask of the Betrayer is a standard RPG. If you base your opinions on how things look...

Guest Slinky

True, but when I think standard hack/slash, I think more Diablo than BG2, and DA-O should be a lot closer to BG2.

And Boo, for some reason I think that the only possible way you will be happy about a game is if it is a 1:1 copy of BG2 :shifty:

It's a standard hack/slash, just as Half-Life 2 is a standard FPS, and NWN2 - Mask of the Betrayer is a standard RPG. If you base your opinions on how things look...

I've played Halflife 2 and I'd say it was your basic FPS with some puzzles and race stages thrown in for variation.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

sooo... an Action/Action Rpg?

or a Shooter/Action Rpg?

why not just change the criteria of action rpg to include any game where you cannot choose to handle all combat via "commands" and must point -n-click to kill stuff?

BG you could just click "fight" and point at the enemy then sit back - hence a "fight command" hence RPG.

can't do that in mass effect

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I've played Halflife 2 and I'd say it was your basic FPS with some puzzles and race stages thrown in for variation.

ahh but its not standard in it's presentation (its WAY above standard) (and I don't just mean graphics, like crysis had good graphics but sucked, half life 2 has good graphics and is incredible)

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

ahh but its not standard in it's presentation (its WAY above standard) (and I don't just mean graphics, like crysis had good graphics but sucked, half life 2 has good graphics and is incredible)
I found HL 2 a bit boring (episodes got progressively better), but let's get back on topic:

Alanschu, will my team be effective if I choose to play with a warrior, a dog, an archer and a healer, or are damage dealing mages a must have in DA too?

Edited by Oner

True, but when I think standard hack/slash, I think more Diablo than BG2, and DA-O should be a lot closer to BG2.

And Boo, for some reason I think that the only possible way you will be happy about a game is if it is a 1:1 copy of BG2 ;)

Nah all they have to do is show some cohones and originality and I'll be satisfied.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Guest Slinky

Yes well.. If you are expecting something completely new and original, you are going to be disappointed. DA-O is a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate after all.

But what the hell is completely new and original these days? I don't care if everything in Dragon Age is unoriginal as long the game itself is good.

Edited by Slinky

Not completely new - sufficiently new. Exactly what the previous games weren't.

Its hard to describe - a subjective feeling, not a rational statement.

Just like I felt it playing the Witcher, which was the closest thing to Baldurs Gate for me while actually not having anything in common with Baldurs Gate.

If I had to describe it, it would be the thrill of jumping in a new, immersive world, where what awaits around the corner hasn't been done to death a million times.

Small touches, like Geralt stone drunk stealing pickled cucumbers from the old woman, and Zoltan's life lessons ("just because a woman says she doesn't want it it doesnt mean she doesnt want it...")

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Does anyone else have an urge to automatically choose human as their race? I feel weird having at a dwarf character speak for me.

I dislike dwarves. I'm picking either City Elf female or a Dalish Elf. Elves are basically down-trodden humans with pointy ears in the game, anyway.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Holy ****! I had Heard of the D

but I hadn't even bothered to look for
as I thought what could they make of such a broad story... That
does look real nice to burn some free time. I'm suprised

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.