Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

But then wouldn't it be you who's expecting the absolute worse of the people here?

People complaining shows that they care about the game. If it was total garbage I wouldn't bother to complain about it and would just make snide remarks every now and then.

What I'm saying is that if the people care enough to post about it on message boards they have some interest in it. Are you saying that people are just complaining about it on message boards for the lulz?

Edited by Purkake

Me no. But there are a lot of idiots who hate games just because it's not their favorite/think it's fun. Just look at Halo vs Half-life flame wars, or my favorite, "Fallout 3 is a **** fallout game 'cause there are no groin shots!!!!!!!" Care indeed.

Guest Slinky
But then wouldn't it be you who's expecting the absolute worse of the people here?

If you read pages after pages of complaining what should I expect?

People complaining shows that they care about the game. If it was total garbage I wouldn't bother to complain about it and would just make snide remarks every now and then.

That's really really strage way show that you care :ermm:

I don't have anything against critizism. But I really cant see nothing but complaining over here.

Oh man I don't want to argue.

Carry on.

If you read pages after pages of complaining what should I expect?

That's really really strage way show that you care :ermm:

I don't have anything against critizism. But I really cant see nothing but complaining over here.

Oh man I don't want to argue.

Carry on.

Is it that hard to think that not everyone who criticizes the game hates it with a fiery passion?

But a whole bunch of the die hard NMAers still bought FO3, even if just to check it out. That's my point.

They bought it so they could hate it better. That

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Me no. But there are a lot of idiots who hate games just because it's not their favorite/think it's fun. Just look at Halo vs Half-life flame wars, or my favorite, "Fallout 3 is a **** fallout game 'cause there are no groin shots!!!!!!!" Care indeed.

Yeah, I don't really get the "it shows they care" argument. When people have been complaining about the same developers for years, whining about the same games years after release, what exactly is it they are caring about?

Why can't anyone understand it?

If they are complaining about the same game for years, they obviously care enough to go online and complain that shows a certain level of commitment even if it is just to complain.

Edited by Purkake

They don't care for the game, they care about the game. Sorry for the confusion.

As in they are somewhat interested in the game, not that they like it.

If you complain about the same thing for two years, you either care or you're a really determined troll.

Edited by Purkake

This has gone on for far to long.

I don't see how this is any less constructive or on-topic than the majority of discussions in the Dragon Age threads.

My point is that not everyone who criticizes or complains about the game hates it and will never buy it.

I don't think anyone would argue with that point. (Actually, I am sure there are people who'd argue, but the vast majority would not) At the same time, there are many people on the internet who criticize and complain just because they're bored, want to talk about something, and that's the best they can come up with.

I just think you're not being realistic in your desires. You want a complex and involved setting that has more than just generic fantasy elements, but you want to know everything your PC does when you start the game. Unless we have yet another PC with memory loss, that's not going to happen.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I think people just want to play a good RPG. The definition of good is where everything falls apart.

Some are satisfied with just another Bioware "seven samurai save the world (with romaces!)" game.

I want to see something better, because playing the same game for the fifth time has gotten old. Plus if it promises to be a BG spiritual sequel it has to be better.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I think people just want to play a good RPG. The definition of good is where everything falls apart.

Some are satisfied with just another Bioware "seven samurai save the world (with romaces!)" game.

I want to see something better, because playing the same game for the fifth time has gotten old. Plus if it promises to be a BG spiritual sequel it has to be better.

I'll agree that everyone's definition of good is different. The Seven Samurai is one of the greatest films ever made. The Seven Samurai (with romance!) is something any game, book, or movie could proudly aspire to. On the other hand, I don't understand why you're satisfied with BG. Every game BioWare has made since then has been better than BG.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.