Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

IGN has an article about the city elf origin. It tells you the entire story line.

The videos that go with this:

City Elf Intro

Human Troubles - A woman on the BiotBoards has already asked if she can let the human noble have his way with her. The Evil Laugh is a bit much, but otherwise I like it.

Noble Battle

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm seriously starting to jones for this game. Damn it, where is Alpha Protocol. What's sad is, I haven't had time to play some of the games I have already. I can spend ten to fifteen minutes here and see all this game info and it makes me want the game, but I don't have two or three hours at one time to play it anyhow. ho hum :skeptical:

Still, great work, Maria. Bio is very lucky to have someone like you keeping up the excitement for the title.

Have the human origins been released? Are they awesome?

There's the human noble origin and the mage origin that both humans and elves can get. I think I've posted links to both of them, but I'll have to look through the old thread. In the noble origin, you're left in charge of the castle while your father and elder brother are away fighting the blight. In the mage origin, you have to undergo the Harrowing, which is where you journey through the Fade and meet the desire demon.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm seriously starting to jones for this game. Damn it, where is Alpha Protocol. What's sad is, I haven't had time to play some of the games I have already. I can spend ten to fifteen minutes here and see all this game info and it makes me want the game, but I don't have two or three hours at one time to play it anyhow. ho hum :)

Still, great work, Maria. Bio is very lucky to have someone like you keeping up the excitement for the title.

Yeah in the begining I wasn't very interested in Dragon Age, in fact I was a bit angry that Bioware would do a title like this but as time went on I became luke warm about it and eventually my interest was peaked enough to where I began following this thread. And I have to say that in the last week or so Maria has inspired me to the point that I'm already trying to speculate how school will play out and I'm currently in the planning stages of an intense Thanksgiving play through. So much dragon age and so many turkey sandwiches with stuffing and omg. I can only imagine what wonder will await me.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

IGN has an article about the city elf origin. It tells you the entire story line.

The videos that go with this:

City Elf Intro

Human Troubles - A woman on the BiotBoards has already asked if she can let the human noble have his way with her. The Evil Laugh is a bit much, but otherwise I like it.

Noble Battle

Thank you, I was looking out for this origin. Those nobles are gonna be so dead when I play as City Elf. Bit over the top though how that slender Elven woman apparently slaughters an entire castle of guards - like an extreme version of Ruth. It's going to be a toss-up between this origin & Dalish Elf.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm currently in the planning stages of an intense Thanksgiving play through. So much dragon age and so many turkey sandwiches with stuffing and omg. I can only imagine what wonder will await me.

That's funny. I like that.

BTW: I'm this interested just from reading the stuff folks put in here without even so much as looking past spoiler tags. I haven't followed a single link out of this thread. I've just been following the thread. Pretty good work if you ask me.

Edited by Aristes

Looked through some videos.

Wonder why the character selection circles are so highly contrasted, its kind of distracting. Also the "passable" graphics look much better in isometric view, so I think I'll be playing this TPS out of combat, isometric in combat. One thing I noticed was the general ease of encounters, at least the ones seen in videos. Hopefully this wont apply to most encounters.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Characters look too stiff.

Look at the heavy armor some characters are wearing, or the size of the weapons they're swinging around. I'm surprised they can actually move.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Characters look too stiff.

Look at the heavy armor some characters are wearing, or the size of the weapons they're swinging around. I'm surprised they can actually move.

I'm irritated by the manga appearance of some of those armors/weapons.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

New trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-dragon-age/54925

For the sake of your sanity do not read the comments!

Looks decent enough. The VA is crap, but that's not unexpected.

Didn't read the comments.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Guest PoziomyPion

Well I am just really careful when it comes to gametrailers and it's community, but maybe the comments under this particular video are not so bad.

New trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-dragon-age/54925

For the sake of your sanity do not read the comments!

That's always been the standard operating procedure for places with an open comments system.

As for the trailer, is there some law in Ferelden that everyone must have a weapon at least as large as they are? Otherwise it was OK, nothing to really complain about.

Edited by Purkake

Oversized weapons are kinda weird, true, but they go with the territory. No different really, the way oversize guns are often used in games and movies.

Size = teh awesome.

Or something.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

As for the trailer, is there some law in Ferelden that everyone must have a weapon at least as large as they are? Otherwise it was OK, nothing to really complain about.

That's what I'm saying. Its all down to the influence of manga on popular culture. These days, in fantasy, if you don't have a sword three times your size you just aint cool enough. God I *hate* manga.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

God I manga.

Let me know how that turns out.

I'm not seeing the manga/anime influence, they just look stupidly oversized, like they're made out of foam. And they swing them like baseball bats half the time.

Missed a word there.

Its a general influence on comics, movies and computer games. I see it in Dragon Age armor sets, (remind me of some Berserk ones) and weapons.

logosig2.jpg