Awesome/interesting games no one has heard of

Purkake

I was talking about normal people, and not being entirely serious.

Also, try installing windows on a netbook from a flash drive.

'Normal people' don't try to install windows on a netbook from a flash drive. They either 1) buy a computer from a Best Buy or Dell.com and Windows comes preloaded, or 2) the take a Windows CD and stick it in the drive of their laptop or desktop then sit around while it installs.

is complete off-topic, but almost 4 years ago we built a rig and tried to load windows xp home on that thing. try to load os 3 times = 3x fail. gave up. loaded windows xp pro. quickest os install we ever recall.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Cyberia 2: Resurrection

post-26216-1254441335_thumb.jpg

It was a pre-rendered 3D adventure game with a lot of rail-shooting and puzzles. Awesome graphics for its time. I had just begun high school when I played it and thought 'wow the Major chick is totally hot'. I tried to get the original Cyberia but gave up after hearing the Major (forgot her name) was not in it.

I thought the original Cyberia was pretty lame so you didn't make a mistake there.

EDIT: I haven't played Cyberia 2 though, so maybe they are really the same kind of **** and you happen to like it.

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

What if they're 6 hours but they only cost $20?

I don't buy 20$ games.

Because they are beneath you and you only buy awesome full-price games because of their guaranteed awesomeness?

Yeah, that's right.

Unlike you Estonians, we can't all pirate games from the local mud-hut.

manthing2.jpg

Guest Slinky

Purkake says that a 20$ game isn't automatically worse than a full priced game, therefore he is a pirate? I fail to see the logic in that.

^Jags is making fun of him, not going against him, you doofus.

Anyhow, I'll third Homeworld, Outcast(the world design and vibe was magical), Hostile Waters(VO done by the cast of Blake's Seven and plot and characters by Warren ****ing Ellis; what's not to love?), Blade of Darkness(John Howe, olol), Nexus, King of Dragon Pass and Crusaders as well.

I really got to play The Last Express, eventually. I actually like rotoscope techniques and also the Third Man, huh.

And I'd like to offer a differing opinion on Homeworld 2. Sure, the adaptive AI element was anything, but successful, sure, it took quite a different direction gameplaywise and sure, there's something to be said about the game not building on Cataclysm's new elements, but my god the art direction and music especially(this is a battle theme). I think the game is a flawed classic that gets bad rap far too often. Granted, that actually seems to be a consensus in the 'nets, so I know I'm just preaching to the choir, eh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

... Blade of Darkness(John Howe, olol),...

Eh... surely not John Howe, the famous Tolkien illustrator?!

Well, yes and no. Apparently the dev team which developed Blade of Darkness stripmined most of their monsters from various fantasy artists, most famous of which was Howe. The basic orcs you face throughout the game had the look from their posture down to the very basic armor textures. :*

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

The only big gripe I had with the game was that they obviously had had to cut down development time, since only two of the characters(Sargon the Knight and Whatshisname the Barbarian) had complete combo lists, everyone else had two or three combos only. Of course the unique weapon special attacks sort of remedied that, since most of the combos you likely never used. Still, the half-done lists are an annoying reminder of what could have been.

Bloody great game.

kirottu said:

Blade of Darkness, isn't that the game also known as Severance? Good game, I remember the Amazone was one easy character to play with, thanks to her far-reaching and fast combos!

I also remember it as the only game that was harder and longer to uninstall than to install! Normally it's the other way around!

Yeah, the same game.

kirottu said:

Hang on, Warren Ellis? What is Hostile Waters, then?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but Men of War is one of the best and most interesting games I have played in the last few years.

In many ways it is sort reminiscent of an unscaled Company of Heroes. There are loads more units than in CoH and every single unit has an inventory, can carry multiple guns, grenades, mines and limited ammunition. Whenever a unit dies it is possible to loot it for its gear.

The way armor is implemented is fantastic with shells having different penetration depending on everything from angle of impact to if the specific area it hit has been damaged by previous hits.

Infantry greatly benefit not only from cover but also from concealment and you will be able to mess up any tank that comes rolling your way if you are properly hidden. Meet it on an open battlefield and the terms are quite different.

• 1 month later...

I have this game and it's still awesome. It's still installed and Precinct Assault is still a must at least once month. It's quite difficult to win once Sky captain is level 5 and up. The only thing missing is windowed mode :D edit: although it has one it doesn't work properly. Maybe i should play this on asus eee. There i wouldn't need it.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

• 3 months later...

Tribes: Vengeance by some peopleIrrational Games

054214beq.jpg

Sci-fi FPS (with jetpacks \o/), interesting -if sometimes dumb- story, you play different characters at certain points (including father, mother, daughter, brother, assassin - technically the daughter's the main). Graphics are kinda meh, but who cares.

Total Annihilation. Seriously, no one I know has played this game and it was my favorite game as a kid (after Pokemon of course). :lol:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Alien Legacy - developed by Ybarra Productions and published by Sierra Online back in the early 90's...

Had an interesting mix of strategy, resource management with an almost.. adventure game style storyline.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."