Awesome/interesting games no one has heard of

Purkake

Total Annihilation. Seriously, no one I know has played this game and it was my favorite game as a kid (after Pokemon of course). :lol:

Actually alot of people played it, it's just it didn't survive very well.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I donno... but it's a REALLY good game for emotional ties, it's not just hentai, it's actually more relationships...

I admit, I cried in my ending >.>

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Alien Legacy - developed by Ybarra Productions and published by Sierra Online back in the early 90's...

Had an interesting mix of strategy, resource management with an almost.. adventure game style storyline.

Wait a minute, someone else actually played that?! :o Grabbed it from the bargain bin along with Earthsiege for $10 back in 2000. I've still got both of them around here somewhere.

More missiles, more ships. Need more missiles and ships! 6 level 6 research labs on a space station?! Are you nuts?!

Wait a minute, someone else actually played that?! :o Grabbed it from the bargain bin along with Earthsiege for $10 back in 2000. I've still got both of them around here somewhere.

More missiles, more ships. Need more missiles and ships! 6 level 6 research labs on a space station?! Are you nuts?!

Was more efficient if you had 6 level 1 research then 1 level 6 research.. But still was a dang good game once you got to grips with it... :thumbsup:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Was more efficient if you had 6 level 1 research then 1 level 6 research.. But still was a dang good game once you got to grips with it... :thumbsup:

No, no, no. Once you research the brain wave blocker thing so that the aliens become your friends, they ask for a bunch of things on a space station in orbit over Cronus. Something like 20 vehicles (and they keep blowing them up in research) along with 6 fully upgraded research stations. Trying to keep enough resources on hand to not only build/upgrade them all and then keep them running was a huge pain in the ass. Easy enough to cover the life support and energy needs, but the ore requirements were huge and you can't mine anything in space.

No, no, no. Once you research the brain wave blocker thing so that the aliens become your friends, they ask for a bunch of things on a space station in orbit over Cronus. Something like 20 vehicles (and they keep blowing them up in research) along with 6 fully upgraded research stations. Trying to keep enough resources on hand to not only build/upgrade them all and then keep them running was a huge pain in the ass. Easy enough to cover the life support and energy needs, but the ore requirements were huge and you can't mine anything in space.

The funky hyperdrive thing if you wanted to get the really "good" ending.. there was a handful of not so good, and fairly appaling "you screwed up" endings if you weren't careful...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• 7 months later...

speaking of new people, why did new people join? was it the announcement of dungeon siege 3?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Umm, this thread is for older and/or obscure games.

I am too angry to post straight.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The Void.

Too much bare boobies to show here, but quite atmospheric. If you'll excuse me, I have a tree to paint :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Areena 5:

1208733997.5.jpg

A simple and hooking fantasy gladiatormanager RPG. Just a shame it's not been translated to english (or at least I can't find a version that was).

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

doesn't look like much :p

anyway, I wanted to ask you all, how do you determine if the game is widely known or not? for example I've played most of the games that were mentioned here (maybe not full games every time but demos for sure). can't really say if the game was a success or not because back in the day there was no internet or gamer TV, just niche magazines.

anyway, Beyond Oasis and Comix Zone were kinda cool for Genesis games.

oh, and Gorkamorka was pretty sick too.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

anyway, I wanted to ask you all, how do you determine if the game is widely known or not?
Psychic power, obviously.

Also, if you like a game, sooner or later you'll read up on how successful it was.

In hindsight, what the hell is Homeworld doing in this thread? Wasn't that game supposed to have been successful?

Edited by Oner

doesn't look like much :-

anyway, I wanted to ask you all, how do you determine if the game is widely known or not? for example I've played most of the games that were mentioned here (maybe not full games every time but demos for sure). can't really say if the game was a success or not because back in the day there was no internet or gamer TV, just niche magazines.

anyway, Beyond Oasis and Comix Zone were kinda cool for Genesis games.

oh, and Gorkamorka was pretty sick too.

1. See what other people have posted.

2. Notice trends

3. ...

4. Profit!

And Homeworld is exactly on the point of being obscure to most people with a heavy console background. This isn't about being successful, but about being widely known.

Edited by Purkake