What are you playing now

Gorth

That's what she said.

I think I'll start messing with Crysis Warhead's editor... if there is one. I can't remember.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Lost Odyssey, Storm of Zehir* and Sam n' Max right now.

*Party being a half drow ranger/bard, a grey orc cleric/doomguide, a human sorcerer and human monk/druid. Everyone else except the sorcerer and ranger are pretty much clutter, since I fumbled the class choices so utterly. Next time I'm going to forget about making a OM leader and instead use Inshula(properly leveled to a rogue lol) as one and a swashbuckler/duelist(Int, Int, Int!) as the good cop. THen there'll be 3 bad cops.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

After finishing Monkey Island Remake, and aside from playtesting Purgatorio, I'm replaying System Shock 2.

This game is just amazing. Probably the only FP with stats game where I feel they really succeeded in delivering good gameplay. So sad to see that Bioshocks gameplay is just... lesser in every way imaginable. But yeah, System Shock 2 is *awesome*. Kinda forgot how good it is.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm kind of surprised how high BioShock has been rating among critics. Don't get me wrong, its a good game. I just don't think it is the 'God's gift to gaming' that it is made out to be.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/xbox360/bioshock/mobyrank

I think it was pretty deserving of the reviews it got. It created an awesome world and it had a great storyline. The combat, while basically an run of the mill FPS was complimented pretty nicely by the Plasmids and the hacking of security bots. It wasn't an RPG like it was advertised as, but I still thought it was 9/10 game, even a 10/10 if you want to be generous. It even had some decent replay value, something lacking from almost all FPS's now

I liked the visual aspect of Bioshock, and the story. But I found the gameplay to be incredibly lacking, with bad FPS mechanics which weren't backed up by any sort of depth (which is present in System Shock 2) at all. I think the whole thing felt like a serious downgrade, except in graphics quality.

Yeah, I was very disappointed with it. :ermm:

But yep, I'm surprised at how well System Shock 2 holds up for me. I still find it creepy as hell. I think part of it is actually to do with the skill allocation present, because there is that sense that while you're getting better, there is also the fact that there are things that you are just not as good at that and that creates a certain edge to the gameplay. That said, I'm sure there's an "ultimate way" to build your character like in all character-building systems but if you don't remember or don't care, then it's great.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I have a Cadillac CIEN that goes 241 MPH, broke my Nissan RS90C Race Car '92, 239 MPH. 3rd place is a Minolta Toyota RS90C Race Car, 238 MPH. I'm like rich in GT4, I mean, own 15 different race cars and have over 1,000,000 credits, Oh My God!

deicideLogo5.jpg

I was disappointed by Bioshock. I couldn't bring myself to play more than three hours in. There was just nothing there that seemed interesting enough to keep going.

My second run of BG1 is going much smoother than my first run did. I'm running with a two person party with a Ranger and Imoen. There have been only a very few encounters which have given me much trouble, but I have used a fair bit of hit and run tactics. If you hide then sneak up on someone and shoot them from the edge of your sight range, you can almost always duck back under the cover of the fog of war before the enemy will give chase. Sword spiders and Battle Horrors are too smart for this, but it works wonderfully on Ettercaps and Wyverns with their horrible, horrible poisons. One ettercap is easy, two is okay, 3 is doable, but 6 is too many for one character even if they can only hit me on a 20.

I couldn't take out the battle horrors in the mines so I led them on a merry little chase through the third level of the mine with my boots of speed and doubled back on them to go kill Davaeorn while they were stuck searching the next level up. Davaeorn would have given me more trouble, but I managed to us the hallways to my advantage to disrupt his fireball castings. I soaked just about every direct damage spell he had except for those fireball with the help of a bunch of healing potions while I filled him full of arrows. Unless you get really lucky, you aren't going to disrupt a magic missle with only 5/2 attacks per round.

Currently have somewhere in the low 70k experience range with Imoen having just leveled up and my Ranger due for another 1/2 attack soon. Those Ankhegs just outside the city are a great source of experience with a party, but my two man group just can't deal out the damage fast enough to take on more than one without resting in between. Playing without any clerical healing spells really gives me a new appreciation for divine spell casters. Except for Candlekeep at the start, I don't think I've ever been at full health throughout the entire game so far.

I'm downloading Mount and Blade and playing the Penumbra games (I bough them retail as the DVD version has no DRM but is also fully patched). I also pre-ordered Alpha Protocol and will most likely do the same for Dragon Age (maybe the collectors' edition, I'm not sure) and Mass Effect 2 later this week. I'm still deciding if I should get all three of those when they come out or stagger the purchases.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'm downloading Mount and Blade and playing the Penumbra games (I bough them retail as the DVD version has no DRM but is also fully patched). I also pre-ordered Alpha Protocol and will most likely do the same for Dragon Age (maybe the collectors' edition, I'm not sure) and Mass Effect 2 later this week. I'm still deciding if I should get all three of those when they come out or stagger the purchases.

I think it's better to stagger them, sometimes (around Christmas when I wind up with 4 or 5 games) I'll find myself rushing to finish one just to get to the next.

I also pre-ordered Alpha Protocol and will most likely do the same for Dragon Age (maybe the collectors' edition, I'm not sure) and Mass Effect 2 later this week. I'm still deciding if I should get all three of those when they come out or stagger the purchases.

You could hold off on the ME2 pre-order, its not out until next year. Also if you really like collectors editions, DA is supposedly going to have a Bioware edition which might be better then the collectors. Of course this assumes they are going to be available in your region.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Dark Sector on PS3. I wanted Overlord 2 or Rise of the Argonauts instead, but I guess Gamefly is out. Pretty average 3rd person shooter, except you can throw a glaive like weapon as well. There are your run of the mill soldiers and zombies coming after you as well as the obligatory giant bosses.

I'm at one section where the designers thought it would be great to have you solve a puzzle while zombies continually respawn. Its annoying and thinking about quitting.

BG2 again, Ftr / Thf with a pretty vanilla party (Nalia, Valygar, Minsc, Jaheira), the objective is to crack on and rescue Imoen ASAP and see how a small 12th - 13th level party fares in the Underdark.

SoZ, re-started again with comedy evil party (led by a Lawful Evil, ruggedly handsome Ftr/Blackguard and comprising elven Rog / Rngr / Assn, Chaotic Evil pale master, actually that should be mistress and a Grey Orc cleric of some crazy CN god of plunder - how cool is a god of plunder I ask you?)

It's good fun.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

My Divinity 2 copy got dispatched today, so tomorrow I should be occupied with it... ;)

:thumbsup:

:bat: :bat: :bat: !!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

little bit more of NWN2 OC

just got Elanee and got to Westharbour or whatever it's called

already starting to get pretty sick of Neeshka's whining :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'm on my third run of Max Payne. The hardest level isn't that bad. It does limit saves, which is too bad. However, it's not nearly as bad as some games I've played where they literally don't let you save except for save points. I think Blood Money and Painkiller are far worse at the hardest setting.