Pictures of your games

Gorth

I mentioned it in another topic, it's Inquisitor.

Looks fantastic, I'll have to keep an eye on the English release date.

Same here, I'll definitely get this.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That puzzle in Umberlee's(fave Faerunian god, Golarion's Gozreh is a pale imitation) was actually kind of clever, even though the credit for difficulty went to the confusion caused by the multitude of possible notes instead of the actual mechanic of the puzzle - whether you were tone deaf or not. The dungeon was my favorite of the bunch as well, due to the variety there when compared to the other dungeons which most of the them were tunnels filled with pirates, snakekin or ogres(pick your poison). Hemm, I also had to make a water genasi priestess of Umberlee later on, just because.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I had a lot of fun playing SoZ as a swashbuckler. I really liked that rogue recruit who was a follower of Mask... there were some pretty cool dungeons too, especially the tower with the Illithid and Ancient Vampires.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

That puzzle in Umberlee's(fave Faerunian god, Golarion's Gozreh is a pale imitation) was actually kind of clever, even though the credit for difficulty went to the confusion caused by the multitude of possible notes instead of the actual mechanic of the puzzle - whether you were tone deaf or not. The dungeon was my favorite of the bunch as well, due to the variety there when compared to the other dungeons which most of the them were tunnels filled with pirates, snakekin or ogres(pick your poison). Hemm, I also had to make a water genasi priestess of Umberlee later on, just because.

I actually liked the dungeons of SoZ. There were a lot of complaints that the dungeons were not big enough but I think for the type of game that SoZ is, they were pretty spot-on. I could've done with one or two more "puzzley" type of dungeons though. But I find the encounters to be pretty fun, especially since the enemy variety in NWN2 is fairly large. I think they made good use of that in SoZ.

It's funny in contrast to DA which I played just before. DA has encounters which are generally very well thought out (moreso than most of the SoZ ones) but parts of it still managed to bore me because of A) low variety in enemies and B) overtly long combat sections.

SoZ is undoubtedly very combat-heavy, but you're always on the move from one place to the next. That seems to make a big difference for me.

SoZ is kinda weird to me since there's sooo much stuff I can criticize in it, a lot of design decisions I would've wanted to be different. But I don't think I'll ever get tired of replaying it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I actually liked the dungeons of SoZ. There were a lot of complaints that the dungeons were not big enough but I think for the type of game that SoZ is, they were pretty spot-on. I could've done with one or two more "puzzley" type of dungeons though. But I find the encounters to be pretty fun, especially since the enemy variety in NWN2 is fairly large. I think they made good use of that in SoZ.

It's funny in contrast to DA which I played just before. DA has encounters which are generally very well thought out (moreso than most of the SoZ ones) but parts of it still managed to bore me because of A) low variety in enemies and B) overtly long combat sections.

SoZ is undoubtedly very combat-heavy, but you're always on the move from one place to the next. That seems to make a big difference for me.

Yes! I couldn't agree more. This is why I like SoZ myself, it manages to mix it. Now you're fighting, then you do some exploration, then you do some trading, then do some crafting and equipment management, then you do a few side-quests etc. You never get saddled down doing one thing for long periods of time.

My biggest problem with the game is that towns are underdeveloped, most of them feel like (and actually are) copy-pasta. You've got one temple of Waukeen, one crafting station, and one inn. Rather disappointing. One or two more towns like Port Llast and full access to all quarters of Neverwinter (each with their own quests and such) would have been fabulous - basically if both overland maps had a hub I feel the game would have been better for it.

Still, I imagine that would have taken more time and resources than Obsidian had during development, so I guess that's that. Still a fun game though.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Now you're fighting, then you do some exploration, then you do some trading, then do some crafting and equipment management, then you do a few side-quests etc. You never get saddled down doing one thing for long periods of time.

The holy grail of decent CRPG goodness, and what makes BG1 & BG2 so awesome.

sonsofgygax.JPG

My biggest problem with the game is that towns are underdeveloped, most of them feel like (and actually are) copy-pasta. You've got one temple of Waukeen, one crafting station, and one inn. Rather disappointing. One or two more towns like Port Llast and full access to all quarters of Neverwinter (each with their own quests and such) would have been fabulous - basically if both overland maps had a hub I feel the game would have been better for it.

I don't really mind that most towns are sorta just there as a quick stop. I do agree though that it would've been fantastic if, say, if the city in Chult (name escapes me atm) and Neverwinter had been a bit bigger and had some more stuff. But yeah, I think the development team was stretched as it is. It would've been so goddamn awesome to get a game like SoZ (with all its features) with a full-on budget and development team.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

cityelf.jpg

City elf.

cityelf2.jpg

Looking over the Ostagar ruins.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Bye, bye, Ser Cauthrein:

post-25516-1258755994_thumb.jpg

Most. Satisfying. Kill. Ever.

She two-shotted poor Oghren, lulz.

When I played on Normal, waking nightmare seemed to work great on her. I actually ran into a semi-bug when my party killed her when she was dazed and she refused to die, just standing there with zero HP while my party attacked her for no damage.

Eventually Dog did an overwhelm on her and knocked her down which killed her.

But, yeah, she is artificially too overpowered.

She _IS_ artificially too powered for a reason though.

The game isn't over when you die

It's not the most elegant way since a player likely doesn't know it's coming. I think we need a better way to implement a situation like that one.

Ah, I did not know that.

When I walked into that room with Ser Cauthrien, I did think how in the world I was going to beat all those soldiers, mages and a 'boss' character. It didn't seem possible, but thanks to some bad AI, blizzard and waking nightmare, it was easy to divide and conquer.

"She _IS_ artificially too powered for a reason though."

It was a poor decision by BIO to set it up that way. Breaks the game, imo. Could have done the whole set up better.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

She seemed like she was going to be an important character in the beginning of the game... she even got her own codex entry. But in the end, she's just another corpse to add to the pile. Pretty disappointing.

I actually surrendered the first time, but found that "Leviathan" prison section pretty lame so I reloaded and killed her.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

She _IS_ artificially too powered for a reason though.

The game isn't over when you die

It's not the most elegant way since a player likely doesn't know it's coming. I think we need a better way to implement a situation like that one.

Funny thing is, the fight would have to be a lot worse to make it obvious you're not supposed to win it.

Especially after that (for me) unlucky section where every fight I had was over my head.

Or is it just me?

Edited by Oner

I actually surrendered the first time...

I did too, until I noticed Sten did NOT like us surrendering... ugh. Which makes perfect sence, so thankfully dialogue wise I figured out how not to piss of any more party members. :sorcerer:

That battle was epic, and awesome. I actually enjoyed it, and died quite quickly. <3