Dragon Age

^ Dude, DON'T USE THE RING. Just step away from the ring. Slowly.

If you do put it on you risk finishing the game quicker, thus diminishing the amount of time you have to experience the DARK HEROIC FANTASY.

I'm not using it, even when it gets put up on the net about ten minutes after release.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

dragon_age_origins_drm.jpg

This environment looks awful.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hey, if you pre-order you get a nifty +5 Ring of Levelling Up Fast, just in case you need to grind the orcs even faster to get to the next cut-scene!

No, I'm not making this up.

Cheers

MC

As far as I know, BioWare hasn't released any info on pre-order/special edition goodies.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=72850

But yes true, I haven't come across any official Bioware official release about this yet.

And on even more exciting DA news:

Bioware and Green Ronin to Publish Dragon Age Pen & Paper Role-Playing Game

Take THAT WotC! :)

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=72850

But yes true, I haven't come across any official Bioware official release about this yet.

They've had that same info up for over a year now. It might be right, but it might be inaccurate.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

^ The link regarding the pre-release item is linked on the official DA site, Maria. I think I can be forgiven for thinking it's legitimate.

As for a DA pen & paper game, hey let's see if PC > pen & paper is as sub-optimal as pen & paper > PC!

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

The site design fine, but I get the feeling Dragon Age is having identity issues though. It's on its third producer now.

Edited by Maria Caliban

The site design fine, but I get the feeling Dragon Age is having identity issues though. It's on its third producer now.

I think that it explains a lot of things.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That many? Last game I can recall following that had that much shuffling at the top was PoR2.

Just browsing the BioBoards these days, though, tells me you're not alone in your feeling that DA:O might be having an identity crisis.

Oh uh... "an epic tale of violence, lust, and betrayal". Riiight...

Their creative director must be coked up 80's style YUP go-getter.

"Hey babe, I redesign million dollar webpages for breakfast. I think I can handle this RPGtrash."

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Combat looks nice enough. Feels a bit like WoW though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"