What are you playing now?

Gorth

Baten Kaitos Origins. I had to import the damn thing. But it manages to do something different/better than other games: A truly creative and beautiful world, with interesting gameplay to boot. Do i need to mention that you don't play the main character, rather playing a separate soul that gives him guidance? That way, they interact directly to the screen. E.g. "What to do YOU think that we should do?".

And the music......aaah :dancing:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just finished Prince of Persia. Wow, what a crapy game.

I just found out Prince of Persia: Epilogue is coming out as DLC Feb 26.. for XBox and PS. Not for PC, which is what I have. Apparently, people were upset about the ending of the game (can't imagine why :sorcerer: ) so they're puting in a proper 'happy ending.'

I won't go into details to avoid spoilers to the original ending.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

We played a real old school game yesterday; Men of War. I dont know what the genre is called, its not an RTS, but its realtime strategy with alot of specifik control over each solider. You have an inventory, you can switch weapons, use vehicles and even manually aim and shoot. You can play 4 people in co-op, which was pretty sweet

What ruins the game is completely horrible voiceacting. Easily the worst Ive ever heard, it sounds like two german programmers with poor english language skills just took a mic an recorded it all themselves. But maybe someone will find a way to delete the sound files, so you can play the game without collapsing into hysterical giggles everytime someone says anything.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

We played a real old school game yesterday; Men of War. I dont know what the genre is called, its not an RTS, but its realtime strategy with alot of specifik control over each solider. You have an inventory, you can switch weapons, use vehicles and even manually aim and shoot. You can play 4 people in co-op, which was pretty sweet

What ruins the game is completely horrible voiceacting. Easily the worst Ive ever heard, it sounds like two german programmers with poor english language skills just took a mic an recorded it all themselves. But maybe someone will find a way to delete the sound files, so you can play the game without collapsing into hysterical giggles everytime someone says anything.

o:)

I am already intruiged to give it a try.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Played some Rollcage at a party, man what a classic. Soul Calibur 4 didn't turn out to be much of a classic, but I understand the party value, good and honest drunken titillation.

Now I'm starting Syberia for the first time and making my way through the Elf parts of King's Bounty(lol 2000 Lake Faeries=12000 dam crit.=die Ancient Ents, die!), it's really something. Such as "repetitive" and "phenomenally fun".

I'm itching to finish Witcher EE as well, but I'm kind of bummed with studying taking most of my time.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I hope those missions include at least "Left for Dead", "Ruins", "Garrett and the Beanstalk"(Contest 5, IIRC) and the "Ominous Bequest". Think about your obligations as a fan, and you'll yield.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I hope those missions include at least "Left for Dead", "Ruins", "Garrett and the Beanstalk"(Contest 5, IIRC) and the "Ominous Bequest". Think about your obligations as a fan, and you'll yield.

This is what's in my FM folder:

thieffm.gif

Except for MissionX, which I'm playing now, it's all stuff I downloaded years ago. I've probably played a number of them, but I won't be able to remember till I load 'em up.

Yeah, mine's pretty similar, I haven't played any(discounting Thief2X) in 3 years though. And I see "...Beanstalk" was in C6.

It might be a good idea to see whether the wide-screen works in Thief 2 Xpansion, Shadows of the Metal Age, it's kind of itchy on tech. Of course, if you haven't played it yet, do so. I remember being pleasantly surprised when the odd 3 years of wait for the project actually paid off.

kirottu said:

I've played T2X, and enjoyed it well enough, from what I remember, but I thought the story seemed embarrassingly lame.

This is pretty much all I recall:

MentorWhoIsObviouslyTheRealVillian: You should get revenge!

Heroine: No, that would be wrong, and I'm a good person.

MentorWhoIsObviouslyTheRealVillian: But I said you should get revenge!

Heroine: Oh, ok. Suddenly I've turned into a badass. Rawr.

Yeah, we moaned about that after release in TTLG, but the writer thought it was decent enough given the circumstances. I mean, big whoop over some cousin she hasn't met in years. Similarly, the plot is a bit fidgety over some of the politics, I mean why get the Hammerites to attack the smugglers when all she had to do was approach the cult in person and present the artifact? It just doesn't make sense. Some of the missions feel really tacked on, ironically like Thief 2, and don't really make all that much sense in the story.

Nevertheless, I liked playing through it on Expert. Just wish there had been more of the kind of consistent quality as with the Hospital mission, I feel that the large number of authors didn't contribute to the overall vision.

kirottu said:

I had fun with it. But only because I accidently learned ahead of time that the ending was a sad one.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You should try the 100 hundred year mod.. You ally with either France or England in the ongoing battle of France.. Or you could just be a bandit (like the original game) .. I personally think it's better than the original, because the setting really fits 11th century Europe.

I downloaded it, but it isn't very clear how it changes the game. Is it mostly cosmetic or is there a new map etc?

I haven't joined a faction yet ... I'm having too much fun with the trading/independent aspect at the moment. Right now I'm trying to figure out if trying to keep all 16 Companions is worth the headache. The two who dislike "too much fighting" are difficult...the rest not so much.

The map travel/battles remind me a lot of Lord of the Realms2 ... there's even the aspect that letting the computer resolve battles for you means much higher losses than you watching your troops while sitting on your horse doing nothing. :) The more I play the less it feels like a RPG(action or otherwise) and more like a light strategy game w/minions who level up/have stats.

The horse combat is awesome. I want a huge army of nothing but calvary charging around. Too bad you can only see 100 units or so at a time, without mods anyway.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've been playing fear like a madman. The two things I've noticed so far that strike me is that I'm having a lot of fun. The whole backstory thing with Alma is not as prevalent as it was in the first game. I played the second one, the one that ends with

Alma jumping up and destroying the escape helicopter.

The third one is more fun than I thought it would be, although I'm not having as much fun as the first one. The second thing I noticed is that I don't hate using the big combat mech robot suit.

The controls don't seem great, but they're not that bad. The variety of bad guys is much better than the first one. Naked Alma looks a lot like the witches in Left4Dead, which is not appealing at all. yech. If we're forced to look upon a nude female form, I wish it were one that didn't give me the willies. The locations, at least up to where I am now, have included an apartment building, a hospital, an underground complex, and now ruins.

Not bad stuff so far.

Baldurs Gate II + ToB

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Men of War is awesome. Sequel to Soldiers and Faces of War. Great co-op games, those.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Playing WoW again. Bought the xpacs and everything.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just found out Prince of Persia: Epilogue is coming out as DLC Feb 26.. for XBox and PS. Not for PC, which is what I have. Apparently, people were upset about the ending of the game (can't imagine why :shifty: ) so they're puting in a proper 'happy ending.'

I really don't think they're doing it for the ending. The ending of the game was a lead-in to the next game. The epilogue is just an excuse to throw some more gameplay out.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just found out Prince of Persia: Epilogue is coming out as DLC Feb 26.. for XBox and PS. Not for PC, which is what I have. Apparently, people were upset about the ending of the game (can't imagine why :( ) so they're puting in a proper 'happy ending.'

I really don't think they're doing it for the ending. The ending of the game was a lead-in to the next game. The epilogue is just an excuse to throw some more gameplay out.

That'd be the best scenario.

Worst case scenario is Ubisoft really wants us to pay an extra 10 bucks to see the ending.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I just found out Prince of Persia: Epilogue is coming out as DLC Feb 26.. for XBox and PS. Not for PC, which is what I have. Apparently, people were upset about the ending of the game (can't imagine why :( ) so they're puting in a proper 'happy ending.'

That'd be the best scenario.

Worst case scenario is Ubisoft really wants us to pay an extra 10 bucks to see the ending.

I think they've learned from their adventure and will probably make the next PoP more linear.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Still trampling through the wastes of Fallout 3.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester