I am a sad, sad, sad soul.

alanschu

I got Mass Effect for Christmas on the PC.

I installed it yesterday about 10 AM or so. I beat it around 1 PM today. 27 straight hours.... haha.

Given I was up at 5 AM yesterday, at the time of this posting I've been up for about 36 hours haha. I guess this is a compliment to the game though. I loved the cinematic nature of the game.

Surprised it worked for you for that long. On both my Vista and XP machines Mass Effect has a nasty habit of locking up and crashing, and requiring a reboot to start up again.

Sorta like GTA4 PC ver then? heh

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

i think you have just earned the title "nerd," alanschu. the last time i was up 36 hours straight it was because we were doing the centurion club: 100 beers in 100 hours. we actually did the lesser variety of 64 beers in 48 hours i think (friday at 5 till sunday at 5). hard to remember either way.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

yeah you ever hear of a thing called deep vain thrombosis? you could have died friend

I guess that makes you a hero

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

yeah man you could have died from deep vain thrombosis

yeah man he could have died from deep vain thrombosis

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Wait, what? How does one manage to have so much interest in Mass Effect?!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

i think you have just earned the title "nerd," alanschu. the last time i was up 36 hours straight it was because we were doing the centurion club: 100 beers in 100 hours.

You jock. ;)

When I really get into a game I squeeze every possible hour of it until I'm done, but I also try to delay the inevitable end as much as I can, doing absolutely everything in the game. Last time I was that absorbed it was MOTB I think... I actually had no time to play it at all, so I simply cut down my sleep to 4 a day for a couple of weeks. :wacko:

Mass Effect is on sale at the moment and I was considering whether to get it.. hrm.

After playing both versions of the game I prefer the XBox 360 version, but it is definitely worth getting. 27 hours isn't too bad, Alan. My first time was in the 30s, and yes I did the same thing.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I wish I could still do that long gaming buzzes. To be honest, the longest I ever played in single sitting was HL 2, and only for 10 hours.

Right then. You are An Hero now. Have a good sleep.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The last time I did that was KotOR II.

I think Mass Effect is a good game. It never crashed on me save when I tried to alt-tab. It did play at 4 FPS, but that's because my video-- oh, wait, I need to PM Bokishi. Thanks for reminding me.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

oh, uh.

Right.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I thought Mass Effect was so good that I had to portion it out by playing 1-2 hours per day, so it would last longer. The post-game depression was massive.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I thought Mass Effect was so good that I had to portion it out by playing 1-2 hours per day, so it would last longer. The post-game depression was massive.

It's almost like you people are from another planet or something. What happened to just playing games normally and enjoying them? The last game that I played more than I should have was Septerra Core and I played it like 8 hours a day for a week. I was like 10 back then...

Edited by Purkake

Civilization still screws me like that, once in a while. It's definitely the game I've spent the most time playing. I have to keep it off my hard drive, if I want to get stuff done.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

When I first found the original Gothic I played it for insane amounts of time.. I never clocked it, but I remember having to give up, not because I wanted to, but because my eyes were closing themselves. I would guess it was probably 16-20 hours straight rather than 27 though!

Oh, and Gothic is a much longer game than Mass Effect. If I would have tried finishing it in one sitting I would probably have died.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!