FO3 pirated in less than 24 hours after gold

Tigranes

So new games are forgotten while old games are revered? Apparently not, as it seems folks have forgotten the real old classics, because while games like Baldur's Gate and Fallout are relatively old, they were actually the start of the new wave of a dying genre.

I highly doubt that awesome games such as Team Fortress 2 will be forgotten anytime soon. Other games will only be forgotten because they get sequels, like Civilization 4 and Dawn of War.

Hell, we have people on this board who really like RPGs and haven't played the pre-KOTOR ones. Everything ages, some just age slower since we're unwilling to give them up.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Eventually we will reach a point where technological advances in games won't move so quickly, and a ten year old game versus a new game won't look like comparing a slideshow to a major motion picture. Until then, many older games will unfortunately fade with time.

My hope is that we will get real solid remakes of classics that manage to nail the gameplay and atmosphere while giving modern graphics. I'm still waiting for Xcom.

Edited by Hurlshot

I highly doubt that awesome games such as Team Fortress 2

There were excellent Quakeworld Team Fortress and Team Fortress Classic before Team Fortress 2. All similar, but each game still have their fans. I just couldn't get used to no granades in Team Fortress 2 and thus still prefer older game mechanics. Team Fortress 2 will be THE capture the flag game for some (younger) gamers but Portal is the game that people will remember for a long time from Orange Box.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

My hope is that we will get real solid remakes of classics that manage to nail the gameplay and atmosphere while giving modern graphics.

That would be awesome.

It's been done before, in consoles, Resident Evil and Romancing SaGa, for example.

They did it for Sonic the Hedgehog.

*watches as the excitement level crashes*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

They did it for King's Quest!

What? Don't look at me like that! Adventure gamers need lovin' too...they just gotta pay.

Actually the Sierra VGA remakes were an ideal situation. Same developer, same people involved, just updated graphics and user interface.

My hope is that we will get real solid remakes of classics that manage to nail the gameplay and atmosphere while giving modern graphics. I'm still waiting for Xcom.

They did it with King's Bounty and apparently it's excellent: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battle-lord/912879p1.html

There is even a free demo: http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=55729

After watching the new gameplay trailers over gametrailers.com (trench warfare, underground combat, bos combat) I'm less excited than I already was. Combat just looks dull, VATS is overpowered (what, I can kill everyone with one headshot?), so basically this just looks like a shooter. Where's the challenge? Heck, real FPS like FEAR or BiA have at least challenging combat and don't pretend to be an RPG, why does F3 tries to pretend to be a shooter?

Edited by Morgoth

VATS is overpowered (what, I can kill everyone with one headshot?),

It's a demo. If there's a 22% chance of getting a headshot with VATS, are they going to show someone missing 3 times and hitting for partial damage the fourth time?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

(what, I can kill everyone with one headshot?)

That

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

After watching the new gameplay trailers over gametrailers.com (trench warfare, underground combat, bos combat) I'm less excited than I already was. Combat just looks dull, VATS is overpowered (what, I can kill everyone with one headshot?), so basically this just looks like a shooter. Where's the challenge? Heck, real FPS like FEAR or BiA have at least challenging combat and don't pretend to be an RPG, why does F3 tries to pretend to be a shooter?

Yes, why indeed ?

I think the answer lies deep within the bowles of the Zenimax marketing department. More precisely in the accounting bowl where the number (and dream) crunchers sit. They might have looked at the numbers and said to each others 'oh, ok, fps shooter games sell really well. Let's make FO3 a game like this, at least combat wise, then we'll be sure to sell million and millions of copies (or Stock Keeping Units as they probably like to call them...)

The sad thing :( about this is that they might be correct in their assumption for the projected sales of Fallout 3. It will probably sell well. And then, after a while, everyone will complain about how bad the game is, but it doesn't matter, since after a while, maybe 6 months or, the next 'shiny ones' toys (ehm- games) are out. And everyone, or at least the casual gamers, will be playing that game, not Fallout 3.

I have also watched the new gameplay trailers and I thought I was watching Call of Duty 4 untill I saw the Fatman (the nuclear launcher) being pulled out. This game, Fallout 3, does look like a FPS and should probably be treated like one, but as a FPS game with some rpg stats etc. tacked on. Nothing's wrong with that -if it seems like a fun & challenging game with a good story, too.

However, after reading around on several webpages and seeing the new official trailers for this game, Fallout 3, I have to say that Bethesda did also fail in making an enjoyable, fun and challenging FPS game with a decent main story...and the animations are still pretty weak, if not to say terrible.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Amazing how you can turn a RPG into a FPS just by changing the combat from turn based to real time, huh? Apparently combat is all that matters to you H4RDC0RE RPG'ers.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Amazing how you can turn a RPG into a FPS just by changing the combat from turn based to real time, huh? Apparently combat is all that matters to you H4RDC0RE RPG'ers.

It takes a combination of real time combat and give it first person view. After all Deus Ex and Bloodlines were both FPS games and not RPGs. RIght, folks? Right?

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."