FO3 pirated in less than 24 hours after gold

Tigranes

Er, no, there are still tons of turn-based and 2D games by big-name publishers for the console market.

Yes, but do they use 3/4 isometric view and 2D graphics? I did use commas and an "and" to connect all three qualifiers.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

You can play BG1 and Fallout 2 only so many times till your brain oozes out of your nostril.

I'm not sure how that would hinder ones enjoyment.

It makes such a mess on the keyboard which a sponge just cannot clean up.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Er, no, there are still tons of turn-based and 2D games by big-name publishers for the console market.

Yes, but do they use 3/4 isometric view and 2D graphics? I did use commas and an "and" to connect all three qualifiers.

Nearly all SRPGs (though not all) are turn-based 2D isometric games.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Actually, that was cheap, I enjoyed the Fallout games.

But Llyranor is right, the PC market may have dropped that torch a long time ago, but consoles have picked it up. Not in exactly the same way, sure, but Disgaea proves that there is still a huge market for 2D turnbased isometric games.

Hadescopy.jpg

Nearly all SRPGs (though not all) are turn-based 2D isometric games.

SRPGs?

Disgaea?

I am unfamiliar with these. Please, enlighten me. I know most JRPGs are turn base, like Lost Odyssey, but SRPG is a term I am not familiar with. I never even heard of Disgaea.

'Strategy' RPGs, though they're actually more tactical.

Basically, grid-based turn-based combat is the gist of the gameplay. Outside combat, you spend time upgrading skills, buying items, customizing your characters etc. Story exposition is usually done in-between battles. The real focus of the games are the actual battles.

This is the latest one. Just released 2 months ago on PS3. 2D (3D backgrounds lol). Isometric. Turn-based.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35125.html

Hadescopy.jpg

To all those who are playing pirated FO3:

Shame on you! WTF are you thinking? We're supposed to be playing it 3 weeks from now, not now! You can't just download a freakin' title 4 years in the making within 24 hours of going gold and just start playing it!

At least have the courtesy of posting reviews for Christ's sake! With pics. Preferably of FO3 b00bies.

manthing2.jpg

your brain oozes out of your nostril.

link?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"You must have hot sauce to eat eggs sunny side up!" Saucy Mao

Definitely looks pretty... Um... Weird. Unfortunately it is for the PS3 and not the XBox 360. You seem to be in the know of obscure titles, Llyr. Know of any that are similar to Disgaea but on the 360? I am considering to check out the Penny Arcade game.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

There's a few SRPGs on 360 (Operation Darkness, Spectral Force 3, Zoids Assault), though apparently none of them are particularly good.

If you're up for trying something different, Culdcept Saga is turn-based and isometric, but 3D :/ The gameplay is a mix of Monopoly and Magic: The Gathering. The game takes place on a board (of various sizes and shapes), and your character moves around, building bases, attacking enemies and so on. You employ collectible cards (in-game) as well.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30500.html

Mostly, the last haven for turn-based 2D isometric games is really on the DS.

Hadescopy.jpg

Dammit!

I headed over to NMA (no sane person should person should be forced to do this) hoping to see some detailed videos of the dialog system..er, I mean find people to chastise for piracy, that's it!

But I couldn't find any vid..um, people to chastise.

:no:

manthing2.jpg

YouTube has been taking down the videos as they pop up, but you can still find some if you search for them they're still available. However, it's a good idea to rip them once you find them if you want to make sure to have a copy for future viewing.

securom2gu8.png

Why would you want a copy for future viewing, the game isn't far from release. Even the folks who totally aren't interested know that.

Anyway,

frontm4_005-large.jpg 4 eva

Also, I don't know if it's funny or sad when people think their favorite part of the gaming world is the the important part. Kings amongst games indeed,

You know that dinosaurs are extinct, right?

Tell that to the nile-crocodile.

But yeah, my point must've been left in my brain somewhere. Even if the "good 'ole"-games are extinct, they are still revered. "New games" of this day will go extinct as well, but will be forgotten through history.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

if the "good 'ole"-games are extinct, they are still revered. "New games" of this day will go extinct as well, but will be forgotten through history.

Wait. Didn't a fair number of reviewers say that Oblivion was one of the best or even THE best crpg ever? ANd Bioshock? Wasn't that a game that some reviewers referred to as Art?

How can games this great be forgotten through history?

On my Oblivion box it says: "One look at Oblivion will shatter your conceptions about what is possible in a video game." --Game Informer

This is timeless stuff. I mean where else do you see games where this many npcs have their eyes located in their foreheads.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

But yeah, my point must've been left in my brain somewhere. Even if the "good 'ole"-games are extinct, they are still revered. "New games" of this day will go extinct as well, but will be forgotten through history.

Yeppers. New games are throw away games, they don't have the hard core fans like the games of old.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Yeppers. New games are throw away games, they don't have the hard core fans like the games of old.

I call bull****.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I call bull****.

Ah, the younglings of these days. Always too quick to judge, and lacking the perspective to respect others.

Bad karma(Fallout 3-karma, mind you) points for you, mistah! :ermm:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy