FO3 pirated in less than 24 hours after gold

Tigranes

Well, I think it must be pretty much a bummer for Bethesda and all the people who worked on the game. I'm sure they are all pretty upset, and I can understand why. Reviewers may suddenly find it a little harder to get their hands on advance copies of high-profile games from this point on.

@rn: You know what, you're probably right.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Leaked or not, if the game is worth buying then people who planned on buying it will buy it anyway, and the people who plan on pirate it will pirate it anyway. This doesn't change one bit my purchasing plans.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I still buy all the games I get. And I'm scared of actually modding my Xbox for fear I'll screw everything up.

So If FO3 goes lower than 60$ I'll buy it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Clearly, they need to use more draconian DRM. :x

'FO3 won't use DDRM!'

'FO3 pirated 24 hours after gold!'

hahahahahahahahahaha, gogo PC gaming.

Spore uses DDRM

Spore pirated 24 hours after gold...

I don't see your point tbh

All this **** does not change anything that i will be buying FO3 game just to show EA they can stick they DDRM up in their hairy ass...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Ironically it was the 360 version that was leaked, I guess "PC piracy" must now be moving to the "unblemished" consoles... :x

That is very interesting. I didn't know significant piracy existed on a large scale on consoles.

Console piracy seems more regional and not as widespread as PC piracy.

it depends on the country where you live... i do not know a single person who does not own mod-chipped console, and i do know more people here who buys PC games and pirate console games, because console games cost sometimes more than double price than PC games here...

The bigger chains don't obviously, but there are many smaller stores that do. And there's lots of guys who get it done as well.

So is it legal and they have modded consoles on the shelf, and advertise this fact, or is it illegal and all done on the sly? Say I turned up in Portugal and decided I wanted to buy a modded console, assume I speak the language but don't know my way around and don't know anybody, can I find a store that will sell me a modded console as easily as I can one that will sell my a legit console?

Probably, yes. The percentage of the consumer base who is tech savvy, however, is probably bigger on the PC side.

Probably, but what does PC users being more tech savvy have to do with PC piracy versus console piracy?

---

All you're doing here is showing just how much more complicated it is to run pirated games on console than on PC.

On the whole fairly simply to do and nothing a non-tech savvy person couldn't manage with a step-by-step guide.

Clearly we have a different idea of what makes for "tech savvy". 100% of the people I know with HD consoles and HD TVs didn't even realise their consoles were still running in SD. That's about as un-savvy as you get. To someone like that, "all you need to do is insert a memory card and run a self-extracting program that you've set up on a PC" is anything but simply, it'd sound rather intimidating. It might sound simple to us, but I can guarantee you that the average person won't agree.

Edited by Hell Kitty

The bigger chains don't obviously, but there are many smaller stores that do. And there's lots of guys who get it done as well.

So is it legal and they have modded consoles on the shelf, and advertise this fact, or is it illegal and all done on the sly? Say I turned up in Portugal and decided I wanted to buy a modded console, assume I speak the language but don't know my way around and don't know anybody, can I find a store that will sell me a modded console as easily as I can one that will sell my a legit console?

Probably, yes. The percentage of the consumer base who is tech savvy, however, is probably bigger on the PC side.

Probably, but what does PC users being more tech savvy have to do with PC piracy versus console piracy?

---

All you're doing here is showing just how much more complicated it is to run pirated games on console than on PC.

On the whole fairly simply to do and nothing a non-tech savvy person couldn't manage with a step-by-step guide.

Clearly we have a different idea of what makes for "tech savvy". 100% of the people I know with HD consoles and HD TVs didn't even realise their consoles were still running in SD. That's about as un-savvy as you get. To someone like that, "all you need to do is insert a memory card and run a self-extracting program that you've set up on a PC" is anything but simply, it'd sound rather intimidating. It might sound simple to us, but I can guarantee you that the average person won't agree.

I don't know how in Portugal, but here it is compeltely legal to do with your purchased goods what you think is best for you... you are only risking to lose warranty if you open it... and this can be circumvented when you let it mod by someone who works in "authorised repair shop" (dont know the right english name for facility like this)...

I guess it is slightly harder, although I still don't think it's that complicated.

I don't think it's that complicated either, but that's missing the point. What matters is how complicated and risky it seems to non tech savvy people, especially compared to PC piracy.

I don't know how in Portugal, but here it is compeltely legal to do with your purchased goods what you think is best for you... you are only risking to lose warranty if you open it... and this can be circumvented when you let it mod by someone who works in "authorised repair shop" (dont know the right english name for facility like this)...

I'm pretty sure that's how it is here in Australia, after all I bought the stuff to mod my PS2 from an Aussie online store. Although while you can buy mods you won't find anyone advertising them or offering pre-modded consoles nor are they offered by "everyone".

Edited by Hell Kitty

What?! It's October 9! It's supposed to be out on October 31 here in Sweden!

I'm not the biggest fan of Bethesda but this **** has got to stop! Noone deserves this. If there are pirated games out in the wild THREE WEEKS before it hits retail then something definitely has gone too far! That's just sick. It's repulsive.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's illegal, I think, but no one really cares or pays attention. I've seen magazine adverts offering either modded consoles or the ability to mod consoles. But, generally, all you need to know is how to use google.

It means that on the PC, pirates are a bigger percentage of the consumer base.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, that was fast.

But what is this deal about console games being less pirated? Have anyone of you ever even seen a torrent-site? I will not give any links ofcourse, but the amount of PCs out there/seeders-ratio is less than the amount of consoles out there/seeders-ratio.

And Pidesco is right about the consolemodding-scene in Europe, atleast. It isn't exactly a top priority of the authoritites to chase kids with modded xboxes or playstatons anyway.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If any of y'all happen to get it (and good luck, [a piracy site that shall remain nameless has something or other]) be smart, use protection. Make sure you're not going to hurt yourself.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh to remove name of piracy website.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

Btw, please do not post any information or links that might (a) help someone find the leaked FO3, or (b) pirate games in general. There's no problem with discussing this, but we can do so without posting specific information that others can just google.

Anyway, my oft-quoted point about DRM isn't something I actually agree with. There's no sense in connecting this to the need for DRM. But the point is... they will.

There's been a few streams of people playing the game here and there, and I have to say that my interest in the game has yet another all-time low. I'm sorry, but I think this game looks terrible. Not only a terrible Fallout game, but if compared to Oblivion it just doesn't feel like it has improved that much. Voiceacting and writing is still terrible, and in some ways worse. Since they've tried to make it more ambitious, the failure is just even harder (just like what happened in Shivering Isles). The voiceacting is truly bad with a few exceptions.

I dunno, I'm extremely unimpressed. Now, I was expecting to not like it as a Fallout game (anything resembling Fallout is just... gone), but it doesn't even look very good as a stand-alone game either. :(

A real bugger that it leaked this early though. But yeah, ironic that it's the Xbox360 version that leaked.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I just saw a couple of gameplay videos. After a while, i completely forgot that it was supposed to be a Fallout game. Stalker feels more like Fallout than this.

And oh, the music was dreadfully bad.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It doesn't surprise me in the least that the game blows, BUT a bunch of people put in a lot of hard work on this game, for good or for ill, and it sucks that this had to happen to them.

I'n actually more inclined to purchase it now then I was this morning. Weird.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

After a while, i completely forgot that it was supposed to be a Fallout game.

I had similar feelings, although the Oblivion feeling didn't really hit until after he got outside of the vault - then everything started to really go downhill (not to say it was that good before then, but I was hoping it was just a crappy intro). I still might buy the game if I see it on sale somewhere, if only because modders will be able to do wonderful things to it and, maybe, make it worthy of the Fallout name. >_<

securom2gu8.png