FO3 pirated in less than 24 hours after gold

Tigranes

No proper modding support for FO3 for now, is the official word. So, uh.

Really?! I thought they said there was going to be a toolset shipping with the game... >_<

Nope. The release of a tool set is still undetermined. Possiblty sometime in the future.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Funny, that's what DRM tries to stop.

And fails at, just look at Spore - all the DRM in the world and yet it was also released the day it went gold.

Actually Spore was up before the Euro and NA release dates, but street date was supposedly broken in AUS.

It can't be pirated considering it hasn't been released yet.

If so where is this alleged download/game at?

Btw, please do not post any information or links that might (a) help someone find the leaked FO3, or (b) pirate games in general. There's no problem with discussing this, but we can do so without posting specific information that others can just google.

*Cough* >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't want to Google. Takes too long. Much easier to ask and get a direct answer. >_<

Doesn't matter to me though. Rumors on teh internets is full of **** any way. Pirated after going gold. Double LOLZ!

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

:)

I don't want FO3, not even for free ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And fails at, just look at Spore - all the DRM in the world and yet it was also released the day it went gold.

No, it lasted until release!

(well, not quite, but only because a disk was leaked in AUS a few days early).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

well, not quite, but only because a disk was leaked in AUS a few days early.

A few days?! It was leaked five-to-seven days before the street date, about a week. However, you are correct that it was most likely gold before it was cracked.

Five to Seven days before the NA release maybe. AUS release date was September 4th according to Wikipedia. Only a day after the torrents popped up.

There's been a few streams of people playing the game here and there, and I have to say that my interest in the game has yet another all-time low. I'm sorry, but I think this game looks terrible. Not only a terrible Fallout game, but if compared to Oblivion it just doesn't feel like it has improved that much. Voiceacting and writing is still terrible, and in some ways worse. Since they've tried to make it more ambitious, the failure is just even harder (just like what happened in Shivering Isles). The voiceacting is truly bad with a few exceptions.

your interest in Fallout 3 hit 'another all-time low'?

because it sounds to me like you actually went out of your way to find online footage of other people playing FO3 and sat through enough of it in order to post your little mini-review there.

sounds to me that despite your interest in Fallout 3 being at 'another all-time low', your interest is, in fact, still pretty damned high...

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

Then let me rephrase it.

My interest in Fallout 3 in how it relates to the franchise in general, in how the various different "factions" of fans will view the game and its general acceptance in the gaming world is quite high. My interest in Fallout 3 in the sense of how much I want to try it out and actually play it myself is at an all-time low.

Finding online footage was not very hard since the link was readily available at the top thread in another forum I frequent, it was how I found out the game leaked.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

My interest in Fallout 3 in how it relates to the franchise in general, in how the various different "factions" of fans will view the game and its general acceptance in the gaming world is quite high.

hmm, i'm a big fan of Fallouts 1 & 2 but i could care less about 'how the various different factions of fans will view the game' or 'its general acceptance in the gaming world'.

and frankly, i'm more than a little suspicious of reviews from folks who are, especially anyone who'd describe themselves as a member of a 'faction' of Fallout fans.

Huh, why? I'm not very interested in buying the game myself, because I don't have enough spending income to buy things i suspect I may not enjoy... but I'm a big fan of FO1&2 and I'm very interested in how people see it.

I mean, if you're not, fair play, but it confounds me how that would make you "suspicious".

it confounds me how that would make you "suspicious".

because folk like that more than likely have an axe to grind?

if you've been following FO3 even a little, it can hardly have escaped your attention that some folk are determined to hate it no matter what. odds are that someone who is more interested in the reception of the game than the game itself isn't coming at the game free of preconceptions or biases.

hmm, i'm a big fan of Fallouts 1 & 2 but i could care less about 'how the various different factions of fans will view the game' or 'its general acceptance in the gaming world'.

and frankly, i'm more than a little suspicious of reviews from folks who are, especially anyone who'd describe themselves as a member of a 'faction' of Fallout fans.

Congratulations? It's great that you don't care about those things, but what does that have to do with my post? I happen to care about it.

Not sure what your point is? I think it looks like a poor game, if you think that's suspicious then so be it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

if you've been following FO3 even a little, it can hardly have escaped your attention that some folk are determined to hate it no matter what

There's always a reason. Sometimes, it's not a very good/logical reason, or the reaction (i.e. hate) is overblown, but there is a reason behind why some people, by now (after years of incidents and arguments), now seem negative by predisposition. You don't have to 'understand them' or anything, but heh.

There's always a reason. Sometimes, it's not a very good/logical reason, or the reaction (i.e. hate) is overblown, but there is a reason behind why some people, by now (after years of incidents and arguments), now seem negative by predisposition. You don't have to 'understand them' or anything, but heh.

great but so what?

if you agree that there's a bunch of Fallout fans who are - for whatever reason - now reflexively anti-Bethesda, then how can you be 'confounded' when i say i'm suspicious of reviews of Fallout 3 from people who profess not to be interested in the game itself?

Edited by newc0253