Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Not a movie, but I've been catching up w/last season's Ugly Betty (first time I've watched it). Weird show, but I like it. Betty should dump her boyfriend and get with the sandwich shop dude...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not a movie, but I've been catching up w/last season's Ugly Betty (first time I've watched it). Weird show, but I like it. Betty should dump her boyfriend and get with the sandwich shop dude...

A girl is just a few lbs. overweight and you think she should run off with a guy just because he makes sandwiches for a living? Gawd have mercy on the souls of the people you grew up with.

Saw Proof today. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102721/

Really good movie, first thing that I have ever seen Russell Crow in and thought he was any good. Also Hugo Weaving did a pretty masterful job and I manage not to think about taking the one ring to Mt. Doom or hearing, "Mr. Anderson" one time.

The I saw My Left Foot http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097937/

Daniel Day-Lewis was pretty amazing, I never questioned him as someone with cerebral palsy even for a minute. The only problem I had was that there was apparently some onion smells actually omitting from the television during the movie or something because I couldn't keep my eyes from getting all watery, a mystery truly.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

, on Youtube (official release on Youtube)

I can't say I agree with everything in it, but partly for that reason it's a classic. I know some of you reprobates will love it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Little Children (2006) - Decent flick, won't appeal to everyone especially if you consider the subject matter. The voice over might be clever, but to me it just gets annoying and pulls you away from the story instead of drawing you in. Jackie Earle Haley as a registered sex offender is brilliant in his portrayal, and long way away from Kelly Leak in the Bad News Bears. WOW

7.5/10

I just watched this tonight. I didn't mind the voice over so much. The narration wasn't really needed, I'll admit, but it added something. This movie made me think of American Beauty, except darker. And you're totally right, Kelverin. Jackie Earl Haley had 'creepy' written all over him. This would be a show that you can appreciate, or you can wish to have your two hours back. I'll choose to appreciate it.

Little Children gave me high hopes for Watchmen, that's for sure. Pat Wilson does a good down on himself guy, which should bode well for his role as Nite Owl, and I'm even more interested to see how JEH plays Rorschach now.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Brick

Took a while before it started gaining momentum, but once it did, I was totally engulfed in the main character's persistence.

Having seen Manic, Mysterious Skin, and now Brick, I am convinced Joseph Gordon-Levitt not only has the looks, but also the talent to play the next Joker should Nolan decide to use him again. And even if he doesn't, this still is a talented young actor with an eye for good scripts.

Edited by Pope

Jacob's Ladder

trippy

Highly under-rated. One of the best horror-movies ever made, if you get the ending.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

jacob's ladder was pretty intense. it was on the other day and i caught the last 15 minutes or so (on a non-HD channel so it sort of sucked visually on my LCD tv). yes, i get the ending, btw.

i watched jumper the other day and rather liked it. i don't care a whole lot about some of the deeper aspects of movies (i just want to be entertained, my life is deep enough) though the way they ended it with his mother irked me. i wanted her dead when the movie officially revealed her connection. she was neither a mother nor a devotee to the faith.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Just saw 300 again. Still friggin' awesome.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Jacob's Ladder

trippy

Highly under-rated. One of the best horror-movies ever made, if you get the ending.

What is there to get about the ending? Seemed rather obvious to me.

Everything after the war was just a mental flash during his last living moments, until he finally stopped struggling and accepted death.

I already suspected that quite early in the film. But then again, it is 18 years old and in that time I've been exposed to quite some similar themes.

Jacob's Ladder

trippy

What is there to get about the ending? Seemed rather obvious to me.

Everything after the war was just a mental flash during his last living moments, until he finally stopped struggling and accepted death.

I already suspected that quite early in the film. But then again, it is 18 years old and in that time I've been exposed to quite some similar themes.

Yeah,

practically he's in limbo, and it is his own anxieties that's keeping him from accepting death, thus his personal 'hell'. I really liked the symbology with him walking upstairs with his child. Beautiful.

And yeah, the theme and the special effects very pretty unique for its time and copied thousands of times over through the years, but trust me, many failed to understand it when it came out, hence the 'bad' rating at imdb.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Cronos - great movie, too bad it's so hard to find. Next I think I'll grit my teeth and see how bad the Resident Evil films are, I've heard they weren't that awful and I have Netflix so I can always send them back if I cannot stand them.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot