MCA is the lead designer on OEI's unannounced Unreal 3 project

funcroc

That's because Roleplayer was banned which was totally gay :sad:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think Brian Mitsoda is lead designer for Georgia or was it lead creative/dialogue designer...?

Mitosda is the creative lead on Project Georgia. Avellone is the lead designer.

What's the difference between the creative lead and lead designer. Since Obsidian has no writer credits in their games I've always thought that lead designer also acts as a lead writer in Obsidian (and ever since Kotor 2 I've assumed that lead designer is like the ultimate man behind the creative content of the game in Obsidian). But what does the creative lead do?

Enough with the dancing clown.

Well, yes, if it wasn't for the fact OE has claimed to go "Three titles route" meaning if they had new project it would've been their fourth. And as funcroc put, Raymond Holmes doesn't have tag anymore.

Logical conclusion is that Avellone is for Lead Designer was PG

I had forgotten about NWN 2 second expansion.

Why?

Oh, and thanks for JE for teh info. ;)

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

****, I thought he was just busy. That sucks.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So does this have any impact on Kotor 3?

Or am I wasting my time here?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

We would ban Sand, except he's pretty much the defining character of these forums.* :(

Is it just me or does this just sound a lot like Georgia?

*Also, I owe him a sandwich.

It's Anthonys post on the first page of this thread: http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=22703

It could be trickery as well, one could interpret the post both ways really. But since Atari has that in their sheet thingie, then I'm choosing to believe it.

If it is in the works, I really wonder who the main guy on it will be. I thought George Ziets did a marvellous job on Mask of the Betrayer.

EDIT: Hah, looks like I'm the official Codex -> Obsidian boards spokesperson. :(

Thanks!

But what does the creative lead do?

Creative Leads are the driving force behind story elements, characters, plot, etc. The Lead Designer can be the Creative Lead - they are not mutually exclusive - but separate people might hold the positions as well. For example, George Ziets was the Creative Lead on MotB and Kevin Saunders was the Lead Designer. A project might also have a Lead Systems Designer who is to gameplay systems what the Creative Lead is to story and characters. There is sometimes a Lead Level Designer as well, depending on the requirements of the project.

Thanks for the awesome avatar Jorian!

In Hollywood terms:

Lead Designer = Director?

Creative Lead = Screen writer?

Confusing x_x

I believe it's the other way around. But don't quote me!

That's practically an invitation!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Offtopic: Roleplayer wasn't banned here. He's just away.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It is possible to create a new fantasy or sci-fi RPG too!

NO IT ISNT THOSE GENRES IS BANKRUPT WAH WAHHHHH

But then the Obsidian prism focused light on both genres setting a cleansing fire and lo and behold fantasy and sci-fi CRPGs were forgiven their past transgressions and were born anew. Thus bespoke Magister Laciak on the fourth day of his meditation upon gaming future when the truth was revealed to him. And so the gaming world rejoiced and no longer feared PJ, for the people now knew that Obsidian would return to fantasy and sci-fi after PJ was over and deliver them from their sins.

Edited by Magister Lajciak

To be honest I find the Cia RPG to sound pretty exciting and original. That's why i'm looking very much forward the announcement. I hope that the rumor will turn out to be true and the game will be dialog-heavy detectivistic roleplaying game with conspiracy theme, you guys have to agree that this type of game might be pretty refreshing and fun to play. :huh: As for KOTOR3, it would also be nice to play it one day, but right now I would prefer some original Ip's made by OBS, fantasy would be nice but not standard medieval-like, but let's say, maybe XVIII century equivalent with rapiers and muskets instead of standard swords, axes or bows.