What are you playing now?

Darque

besides battfront 2, Im gonna start kotor 2 new game soon and replace my broken copy of bauldurs gate (havnt played for 2-3 years) all for xbox (ORG)

There's a BG for XBox???

What was it called again, Dark Alliance I think. IIRC it really had nothing to do with the PC games beyond just the name. :brows:

EDIT: Go me!

Edited by Deraldin

besides battfront 2, Im gonna start kotor 2 new game soon and replace my broken copy of bauldurs gate (havnt played for 2-3 years) all for xbox (ORG)

There's a BG for XBox???

There was a Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance game for xbox and ps2. As far as I know, it had nothing to do with the Bhaal Spawn saga though.

Edit: Yeah, what Deraldin just said :brows:

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There's a BG for XBox???

Yeah, it was some arcadey type game. Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance was the name. I thought it was rubbish, but I probably went in expecting too much.

Audiosurf.

It is the ****.

I tried the demo and I really liked it (especially when I put a song of my choosing). Is it worth it? Is it fun or does it get boring fast?

Anyway, for some strange reason, I, lately, started installing old games and play them. I am playing Diablo 2, single player. I don't think it gets worse than that...

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

Audiosurf.

It is the ****.

I tried the demo and I really liked it (especially when I put a song of my choosing). Is it worth it? Is it fun or does it get boring fast?

Anyway, for some strange reason, I, lately, started installing old games and play them. I am playing Diablo 2, single player. I don't think it gets worse than that...

I have 36 gigs of music on my computer. $10 is a ****in' steal.

But yeah, it largely depends on the songs. For the uninitiated, the game takes your music and basically turns it into a rollercoaster dependent upon the dynamics of the music. Bands that alternate between Loud / soft or fast / slow like, say, The Mars Volta are generally the best, because they change the gameplay accordingly. But a band like Ministry that's all fast all the time is basically just an endless downward slope. Something minimalist like Brian Eno or the Knife are pretty boring. I'll probably upload some good Audiosurf music later on.

Playing NWN2, just started chapter III

Playing as a fighter/Neverwinter Nine knight (the latter to get some diplomacy skill points). A lot of things feels easier in this game as a pure fighter. The arena, the encounters with Light of Heaven, just about everything. Almost like playing the good old "Rogue" again. I want to complete this character to take into MotB.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just finished Culpa Innata, got it suggested by a friend, and i was suprised that i never heared about it before.

It is an adventure ('investigator style') game in a possible futuristic, cold and profit oriented nation (or better said 'world union'), in 2047

it was released around late 2006-2007 (depending on where you live)

culpainnatapcwh5.jpg

The game is not the best in graphs, but that kind of thing never really mattered to me, however, i was captivated by the game's story as it started rolling (not the first 15 mins i have to admit, it seems i had a hard time to get it moving atleast for me)

The music sometimes feeled strange but overall was a great enchantment to the atmosphere and many of the music scores i really LOVE.

I only had such reactions to music like from the original Gabriel Knight 1, Baldur's Gate, Spellforce 1 and 2, or a movie example could be the 'Imperial March' of SW

I myself always felt like that the real 'pnp spirit of RPG-s' became splitted into what now are the RPG and adventure PC genre-s.

This game represents the very best in the adventure genre with its multiple options and outcome variables with a slight randomness what only gives to the feeling of a real story.

The game as i got to know gained an adult (!?) rating because misinterpretation and...sillyness of the rating comittee (to put it nicely), i assure all that while it does have sex mentioned, and the player can twice even decide if the character should do it, it is not more adult themed than KOTOR or Mass Effect or Gabriel Knight.

Bad marketing, especially from an unknown new game/franchise is always a killing blow to a new 'try' on the markets, so if you like good stories, real pnp and PC adventure games then give a day to try this game out

here is the game's site to see a little trailer about the game, so you see that the graphs i mentioned while not being super aren't terrible neither, if you aren't picky about that and would play even 2D/isometric games if they have great stories (or even prefer that above 3D) then you will give the game a rating of 85% or above (my own rate for it would be 95% with totally ignoring graphs)

http://www.culpainnata.com/

also here is a second opinion about Culpa Innata that you might aswell be interested in to read from their own forum

http://www.culpainnata.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=256

My own special notes about the game:

good:

story

music

interesting world

replay ability (better said the players willingness to replay it) that in unusal by adventure games

hidden background info pieces

funny things like the 'Joshua' computer or the Shoe Shop with 'Al'

investigation goodies* (i love detective stories with interesting events)

bad:

for some people, graphs might be it

for some reason not every sentence is subtitled, i always use subtitles on in games and especially adventure and detective ones

(mainly because i am sometimes unsure about the meaning of some english words or that if i had understood them correctly at all, always good to double-check)

minor issue with the cameras, but you can get used to it quite quickly so no worries

some voice acting issues

(but don't forget this was a low budget first try game and looking at it this way they still made a great job, even if they are unable to pronounce the hungarian names in the game - not to misunderstand, the game is not hungarian made and no i don't suggest it because that ;) )

I was suprised myself about how good this game turned out after i started it sceptically,

and i felt i should share my thoughts about it with some other people because of that

EDIT: do not forget to patch it! i would have given it a lower ranking if i would had played it without the latest patch as i can see from the old forum complains there :thumbsup:

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

Interesting, I think I should check it out. The Gamespot review I thought was rather convincing, and I have nothing decent to play until Mass Effect, so... I just have to know how well the German translation was done. Is the disk multilingual?

Edit: LOL I just found it on Steam, for a fair 20 bucks (14 Euro?). I think I'm willing to fork out that money....right now!

Edited by Morgoth

I'm playing Eternal Sonata.

I haven't played a jrpg, a challenging one, in ages. That was great!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Audiosurf.

It is the ****.

I have 36 gigs of music on my computer. $10 is a ****in' steal.

But yeah, it largely depends on the songs. For the uninitiated, the game takes your music and basically turns it into a rollercoaster dependent upon the dynamics of the music. Bands that alternate between Loud / soft or fast / slow like, say, The Mars Volta are generally the best, because they change the gameplay accordingly. But a band like Ministry that's all fast all the time is basically just an endless downward slope. Something minimalist like Brian Eno or the Knife are pretty boring. I'll probably upload some good Audiosurf music later on.

That was pretty neat. Just tried the demo. My first song (Frank Klepacki - Rocktronic) was all downhill, the next (Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell) was mostly downhill with a few minor hills along the way and my last song (Slainte Mhath - Va) was really bumpy for the first 2/3rds, before it took a big trip down that was pretty fun actually. Definitely something I'll look into getting.

I'm playing Dreamforge's D&D RPG's. Two Ravenloft ones and Menzoberranzan. Menzo has Drizzt as your party member but it ****ing sucks, so I quit playing it. Too much combat and it has that ugly brown thing going on in it. The Ravenloft ones are interesting, but it may because this is my first experience with the Ravenloft setting. They came out around 1994-1995, have full voice acting and semi-branching dialogue (looks and feels like branching but usually you just get one option). The writing is kinda awkward but they didn't have Obsidian back then.

Enough with the dancing clown.

I am currently replaying Bloodlines, although I think I might buy another copy of Steam so I can put my CD version away for safekeeping.

I played that a few months ago again with the "TRUE" unofficial patches. I was nearly at the end until a game stopping bug ruined me game. Weak.

I ave to start it up again and play a female character that hears voices next time! :thumbsup:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

That bug must have been fixed, or at least nothing stopped me from finishing last time I played through the game, and I have not had any problems with the patch so far this time round...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'm supposed to be playing Apollo Justice right now. It left Dallas yesterday. Dallas is an hour away. But it didn't arrive today.

God, I hate the USPS sometimes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."