What are you playing now?

Darque

God of War: Chains of Olympus

Best Buy actually had it today. Most other places won't have it until tomorrow. Since I was there, I purchased Sunshine Blu-Ray, too.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just finished Portal. Lots of fun, although it gave me a bit of motion sickness from time to time. Normally, I'm OK with 1st-person FPS-- I think Portal is different in that it frequently gives the player the disquieting sense of not knowing which way is up.

I loved the federal contracting jokes popping up on the projector screen in the area just before you confront the 'end boss.' Although they make no sense-- Black Mesa isn't subject to the "Government Performance and Results Act"? GPRA is a real law, but it imposes no requirements on contractors, just federal agencies. Valve really needs to hire some attorneys with experience in federal management laws. I'm sending my resume in tomorrow. :thumbsup::o

Edited by Enoch

While they're at it, they should hire me. I know what would actually happen during an invasion by an oppressive interdimensional empire.

Edited by Tale

Redemption is one fo the worst games ever. It doesn't deserve to share anything in common with Bloodlines.

Anyways, I'm still playing NHL 08. It is now part of a Trifecta of games that I can always play - NWN and MVP 05 being the other two.

WOO HOO!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Actually, Redemption is a pretty decent game post-patch 1.1: With improved AI, a pause key, the ability to save anyway, & a host of group toggling/stance adjusting options, its pretty damn enjoyable and definitely more tactical.

Not nearly as good as Bloodlines mind you, but then again not many RPGs are.

manthing2.jpg

I never beat bloodlines

I never played Bloodlines.

Modern vampire stories don't appeal to me. (Modern meaning the Rice/Wheedon approach wherein there's a subculture of bloodsuckers living in present-day cities who may or may not be conflicted about their macabre nature. Dracula still rocks, though.) Plus, very little about Troika's previous titles made me think that their work was worth my time. Twice bitten, thrice shy.

I never beat bloodlines

:o

And guess what I'm playing... :thumbsup:

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

I applaud you, excellent choice.

More Brain Training from Dr. Kawashima - How Old Is Your Brain?

Mainly sudoku and the Dr.Mario version

Fun game and just bought the DS Lite with it. Fun piece of hardware!

Last weekend was a Wii-weekend playing loads of wii games. Only good ones were Excite Truck and Wii Sports =( But we had loads of fun!

Other games played:

Resi: Umbrella Chronicles

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

Lego Star Wars Trilogy

Winter Sports 2008 (figure scating, curling and cross-country skiing were fun!)

Metroid Prime 3 (major dissapointment, recycling the first one again and making it worse. action-metroid ftl)

Resi 4 (Better controls? wut? Easier to win the game sure, better controls fno.)

Excite Truck (YES! but having to play single player to unlock more tracks sucks balls)

Wii Play, lol

Splinter Cell Double Agent. (If one has ages of time, could be a lil bit of fun..... maybe)

Red Steel (personally didn't try it out, sounds awful)

I never beat bloodlines

Plus, very little about Troika's previous titles made me think that their work was worth my time. Twice bitten, thrice shy.

Surely we're not talking about the same Troika? Arcanum is the best steampunk game to date and has to be one of the 10 best cRPG's on the PC. Also, Bloodlines can't be beat for its singularity of effect and atmosphere. And Bloodlines is better than Arcanum.

manthing2.jpg

Surely we're not talking about the same Troika? Arcanum is the best steampunk game to date and has to be one of the 10 best cRPG's on the PC. Also, Bloodlines can't be beat for its singularity of effect and atmosphere. And Bloodlines is better than Arcanum.

Arcanum stunk. The setting was an interesting idea, but the execution (outside of the excellent background music) was so horribly botched that I was embarrassed for them just playing it. A team of retarded rhesus monkeys could devise a better rules system for a CRPG. Everything from the ability balance to the TB/RT combat to the way experience points were handled was pretty much 180 degrees from what a sane person would come up with. And, despite the interesting setting, the story and characters were just dull.

Arcanum stunk. The setting was an interesting idea, but the execution (outside of the excellent background music) was so horribly botched that I was embarrassed for them just playing it. A team of retarded rhesus monkeys could devise a better rules system for a CRPG. Everything from the ability balance to the TB/RT combat to the way experience points were handled was pretty much 180 degrees from what a sane person would come up with. And, despite the interesting setting, the story and characters were just dull.

Truth. There were some good bits, though. The Saimese Twin skull plotline, although somewhat ridiculous to slog through, gives as close as any video game will ever get to a punch in the gut at its resolution.

Truth. There were some good bits, though. The Saimese Twin skull plotline, although somewhat ridiculous to slog through, gives as close as any video game will ever get to a punch in the gut at its resolution.

And also proves that Gnomes are EVIL.

You see, it's just like I've always said. With the exception of Jan Jansen and Grobnar, gnomes are annoying, evil little f***ers.

manthing2.jpg

You see, it's just like I've always said. With the exception of Jan Jansen and Grobnar, gnomes are annoying, evil little f***ers.

Grobnar may not fall into the evil category, but I'm pretty sure that he at least qualifies for the annoying category.

I wish I could have polymorphed Jan Jansen into a spider... One where I could tear off his legs, one by one by one by one by one by one by one by one. That might have made him shut up about turnips :ermm:

Finished playing Master of Orion 2, going back to complete my game of NWN2. Getting close to the endgame, having entered the bad guys lair. Just need to kill a pair of Shadow Reavers.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein