What are you playing now?

Gorth

Any spoiler questions about The Witcher can be PM'ed to me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

and Soul Reaver 2

TO THE SEQUELS THREAD! AWAY!

I finished Darkness Within, (though I used a walkthrough a lot). I started KotOR for the first time, though I found it quite boring. Should I try to play some more? Will it pick up the pace later, or should I just play something else?

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

I bought myself an early Christmas present recently: Eschalon Book I. It took a few hours but I've completed it already. That's because of two things:

1. The game is tiny. It's short, has few side-quests, not much map area to explore and so on.

2. It's excellent and addictive. It really has that fantastic old school feel of the early Ultima's or Wasteland's! I love it! I just wish it had been a little bigger, a little longer and a little more.. realized.

There's a cool alchemy system in it.. but it's wasted because there are almost no recipes to be found. The cartography skill is pure genius (why didn't anyone think of that before?!).. but it isn't really used anywhere, except to draw more colourful maps for you as a player, not for your character in-game (imagine if they had hidden clues to some obscure quest in the colour coding of the world map..). The Spot Hidden skill is there.. but it's not used in any clever ways. You find a few gems and a few caches of gold and that's it. It could have been used to add descriptions for people who are interested in the lore of the lands, for example. The equipment in the game is dull, lacks unique items (almost) and they're being dispersed the Oblivion way (higher player level equals better l00t). Et cetera.

I wish I had a direct line to the developers of this little gem. There are so many tiny improvements they could make that would make this game so much better. Still a great game though!

Whoever it was who mentioned Eschalon: Book I to me on these forums (ramza?): THANK YOU!

I'm actually replaying it right now with a different character. That does NOT happen very often.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I finished Darkness Within, (though I used a walkthrough a lot). I started KotOR for the first time, though I found it quite boring. Should I try to play some more? Will it pick up the pace later, or should I just play something else?

How far have you got in Kotor?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Not much. I just got over the first part, (a tutorial of some sort, where I am in a spaceship and trying to escape) and then wandered a little around that building in that planet (must have taken me about half an hour). I'm not a SW fan and nothing happened to capture my attention (I am supposed to find a Jedi, I hardly know anything about). I will play some more (obviously) I am just wondering if a major plot point will appear soon enough, because the whole thing seems somewhat "alien" to me.

P.S. hehe, I sound like some kind of fool...

Edited by Istima Loke

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

You've barely scratched the surface! The planet you're on is called Taris, and there was a mixed reaction to it. I liked it, but a fair number of people found it incredibly boring. That being the case, there's a good chance that once you've finished it, the game will only get better and better for you. However, from the sounds of it, you've still got a way to go to finish Taris even.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Just reached The Den in F2

I had to leave one mission in Klamath undone (one about dealing with rat "god"). I got the key needed to open the door to northern side of Trapper town. Except I didn't. Key didn't appear in my inventory

Unless I can force the door open with shotgun I doubt I'll be completing that mission this time around. Stupid bugs.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Just started The Witcher. The opening cinematic was fabulous.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Just reached The Den in F2

I had to leave one mission in Klamath undone (one about dealing with rat "god"). I got the key needed to open the door to northern side of Trapper town. Except I didn't. Key didn't appear in my inventory

Unless I can force the door open with shotgun I doubt I'll be completing that mission this time around. Stupid bugs.

Too bad. You missed about 100 turns worth of rat killing.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yeah, that mission is lame.

But that's still hefty sum of XP! And I hate leaving open quests.

Maybe I should "farm" in Desert for a while, do Den missions and invest skillpoints in lockpick...

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Not much. I just got over the first part, (a tutorial of some sort, where I am in a spaceship and trying to escape) and then wandered a little around that building in that planet (must have taken me about half an hour). I'm not a SW fan and nothing happened to capture my attention (I am supposed to find a Jedi, I hardly know anything about). I will play some more (obviously) I am just wondering if a major plot point will appear soon enough, because the whole thing seems somewhat "alien" to me.

P.S. hehe, I sound like some kind of fool...

I could not stand the first planet, the game gets much better once you are off the boring hunk of rock. Force youself, it's worth it.

Playing TOEE for the second time, currently going to the moathouse and having a great time. Fun combat engine..the rest not so good, the NPC's are somewhat funny, currently going with the monk, and his barbarian partner, mage, cleric, and a theif with high intelligence and many, many skill pointsand how can I forget my lovely wife :)

So, Im loving the PvP Battlegrounds. I always figured a mages life would be short and frustrating but Im actually quite good at staying alive and dishing out the spankage. Plus you can rack up honor and tokens like a slot machine stuck on jackpot.

Yeah, I'm a rogue and I hate you mages spamming your arcane explosions and using your frost novas.

But if you've wasted your blink, it's game over man for you. Cheap Shot + Cold Blood Backstab +Kidney Shot +lalalalala it doesn't matter because you have 12 HP left.

Stupid clothies!

Warlocks are my favourite to kill though, because they have that damned fear. I always save some energy to kick them when they try casting it! And they can't blink out of my cheap shot, so I can usually stun lock them to death.

Man, that was almost entirely gibberish to me, but I do like the sound of "Cheap Shot + Cold Blood Backstab +Kidney Shot". :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Warlocks are my favourite to kill though, because they have that damned fear. I always save some energy to kick them when they try casting it! And they can't blink out of my cheap shot, so I can usually stun lock them to death.

Death Coil, you blasted bleep. Kick that!

Edited by Tale

So, Im loving the PvP Battlegrounds. I always figured a mages life would be short and frustrating but Im actually quite good at staying alive and dishing out the spankage. Plus you can rack up honor and tokens like a slot machine stuck on jackpot.

Yeah, I'm a rogue and I hate you mages spamming your arcane explosions and using your frost novas.

But if you've wasted your blink, it's game over man for you. Cheap Shot + Cold Blood Backstab +Kidney Shot +lalalalala it doesn't matter because you have 12 HP left.

Stupid clothies!

Oh, I hate you sneaky bastages. Its very hard to survive what you described above but if I get my cold zombie hands on you (IE: catch you unstealthed) its lights out for you. :p

Another favorite of you jackels is to sneak up on me and snowball me off the bridge. I friggin hate that, lol.

Jak and Daxter was just finished. Got 101 orbs my first playthrough! whoo! Now to start Jak II.

Jak kind of lost something when he started talking. He goes from being a spunky silent hero to being an angsty gen-Xer. Of course it does fit the setting of Jak II and with him having a gun. So, I guess I can appreciate the change.

Edited by Tale

Stupid clothies!

Oh, I hate you sneaky bastages. Its very hard to survive what you described above but if I get my cold zombie hands on you (IE: catch you unstealthed) its lights out for you. o:)

Another favorite of you jackels is to sneak up on me and snowball me off the bridge. I friggin hate that, lol.

I am a tank...

Your welcome

I fear pvp

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I bought myself an early Christmas present recently: Eschalon Book I. It took a few hours but I've completed it already. That's because of two things:

1. The game is tiny. It's short, has few side-quests, not much map area to explore and so on.

2. It's excellent and addictive. It really has that fantastic old school feel of the early Ultima's or Wasteland's! I love it! I just wish it had been a little bigger, a little longer and a little more.. realized.

There's a cool alchemy system in it.. but it's wasted because there are almost no recipes to be found. The cartography skill is pure genius (why didn't anyone think of that before?!).. but it isn't really used anywhere, except to draw more colourful maps for you as a player, not for your character in-game (imagine if they had hidden clues to some obscure quest in the colour coding of the world map..). The Spot Hidden skill is there.. but it's not used in any clever ways. You find a few gems and a few caches of gold and that's it. It could have been used to add descriptions for people who are interested in the lore of the lands, for example. The equipment in the game is dull, lacks unique items (almost) and they're being dispersed the Oblivion way (higher player level equals better l00t). Et cetera.

I wish I had a direct line to the developers of this little gem. There are so many tiny improvements they could make that would make this game so much better. Still a great game though!

Whoever it was who mentioned Eschalon: Book I to me on these forums (ramza?): THANK YOU!

I'm actually replaying it right now with a different character. That does NOT happen very often.

Is there a decent way of moving about in this game?

Holding the left mouse button down gets old real fast.

manthing2.jpg

I bought myself an early Christmas present recently: Eschalon Book I.

Well spent money!

There's a cool alchemy system in it.. but it's wasted because there are almost no recipes to be found.

Have you found all of the 3 recipe books and the book for imbuing weapons?

So why wait? Go and throw you suggestions on the Basilisk forums. Basilisk Wrangler is one of the few developers that really listen their customers.

Is there a decent way of moving about in this game?

Holding the left mouse button down gets old real fast.

Middle mouse button!

Edited by karka
centinexx.png