What are you playing now?

Gorth

I'm not really interested or anything, I just enjoy making the kid think I'm stalking him.

Perhaps we could not enjoy this ... since I suspect as a new member, I would not as well ... but perhaps this is all some evil ploy to get some warnings tossed about from the Roost?

/subtle correction

As for what I am playing: Bioshock at the moment ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Still playing WoW but for the first time I dipped my toe into PvP. Went to the Arathi battlegrounds and to be honest I didnt have a clue. Saw we were supposed to capture three flags so I just let the ones in the know do all that while I layed the smackdown on anything with a red name hovering over it. I was shocked to see in the short time it took to win the battle (maybe 15 minutes) I had some how racked up 45 kills. Picked up every insignia I could find on the dead Alliance but dont know what they do.

The whole PvP side of the game is pretty alien to me. I see several battlegrounds which each seem to give up their own specific tokens and I dont know wtf happens in the "Arena".

Still playing WoW but for the first time I dipped my toe into PvP. Went to the Arathi battlegrounds and to be honest I didnt have a clue. Saw we were supposed to capture three flags so I just let the ones in the know do all that while I layed the smackdown on anything with a red name hovering over it. I was shocked to see in the short time it took to win the battle (maybe 15 minutes) I had some how racked up 45 kills. Picked up every insignia I could find on the dead Alliance but dont know what they do.

The whole PvP side of the game is pretty alien to me. I see several battlegrounds which each seem to give up their own specific tokens and I dont know wtf happens in the "Arena".

Yeah, those insignia don't do anything save prevent the guy from running back to his corpse to rez. Also, how long have you been playing? 'Cause the game's been out for years, the battleground system is officially ancient, and even arenas are getting on in age by now, so if you're a longtime player I'd wonder how the hell you managed to avoid PVP this long. If, on the other hand, you're relatively new, I suppose I can kind of see it.

Either way, get used to it. It's the only thing to do at 70 if you're not a raider, and raiding will leave you a broken, bitter husk of a man that smokes too much and hates everything associated with WoW.

Yeah, those insignia don't do anything save prevent the guy from running back to his corpse to rez. Also, how long have you been playing? 'Cause the game's been out for years, the battleground system is officially ancient, and even arenas are getting on in age by now, so if you're a longtime player I'd wonder how the hell you managed to avoid PVP this long. If, on the other hand, you're relatively new, I suppose I can kind of see it.

Either way, get used to it. It's the only thing to do at 70 if you're not a raider, and raiding will leave you a broken, bitter husk of a man that smokes too much and hates everything associated with WoW.

*hangs head in shame*

Ive been playing for years, its just that I never got into PvP. Now Im almost forced into it so I can get the pimp gear. Dont do much raiding either as my guild is just WAY too serious about it. Must have Vent (I dont due to wonky firewall problem), must "sign up" for the raid at the guild website, etc...blergh.

So, since you seem to know about it, whats the difference between the battlegrounds and the arena? Just the available loot rewards? Also, I saw this phat mage staff in the Hall of Legends, that requires 37k+ honor and what looked like three different kinds of tokens (30 each), whats the fastest way to get that, lol.

If the only way to progress is to change into a playstyle you're not into, then do what I did. Say "I beat the game" and stop playing.

I got three pieces of Felheart and a Staff of Domination before I realized I don't want to stay up at night raiding and the PvP wasn't fun enough to do too often for long.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If the only way to progress is to change into a playstyle you're not into, then do what I did. Say "I beat the game" and stop playing.

I got three pieces of Felheart and a Staff of Domination before I realized I don't want to stay up at night raiding and the PvP wasn't fun enough to do too often for long.

Yeah, Im kinda afraid Ill have to re-spec to Ice (currently fire spec) to have a fighting chance. Although I seemed to be kicking much butt so maybe the Ice spec would only be required for Arena's? Thats where you do the 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 right?

Fallout 2... :brows:

I don't know yet if children "patch" works with the fan one, I just started and I'm still in Temple

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yeah, Im kinda afraid Ill have to re-spec to Ice (currently fire spec) to have a fighting chance. Although I seemed to be kicking much butt so maybe the Ice spec would only be required for Arena's? Thats where you do the 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 right?

It is. Also, don't overlook tailored gear - a good friend of mine plays a mage, and she was all excited about picking up the Tier 4 pants off of Gruul before realizing that the tailored ones she had were actually better in almost every situation. The Gladiator gear from arenas was also quite good at the time I quit, which was in mid-July, if memory serves.

As far as raiding goes, it's one of those things I'd at least give a shot or two. Most guilds that do it are progression-oriented, which means they're going to be fairly strict about the actual mechanics - running a raid without Vent is a nightmare, while sign-ups are necessary for the raid leader(s) to make sure of a variety of things, ranging from raid composition up to fairness in terms of who gets to go. If it's something you like doing, taking it seriously doesn't end up seeming as wacky as it sounds; I led the raids and main tanked for my guild for a year and a half before finally having enough of it, but during that time I honestly enjoyed tearing my hair out trying to herd cats, staying up until 2AM going over data, and coming up with strategies prior to the raid knowing full well they'd probably have to be adjusted on the fly. There's a certain satisfaction to be had in getting 40 or 25 people to work as close to perfectly as possible.

There's a hell of a lot to be said against it, too, so I definitely don't recommend leading. Go along for the ride now and then, though; most guilds, despite the serious approach, do manage to have fun with it. Especially in the 10-mans. We used to do Stories With Holes in Kara. Good times.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I'm still doing COD4 and Crysis.

It is. Also, don't overlook tailored gear - a good friend of mine plays a mage, and she was all excited about picking up the Tier 4 pants off of Gruul before realizing that the tailored ones she had were actually better in almost every situation. The Gladiator gear from arenas was also quite good at the time I quit, which was in mid-July, if memory serves.

As far as raiding goes, it's one of those things I'd at least give a shot or two. Most guilds that do it are progression-oriented, which means they're going to be fairly strict about the actual mechanics - running a raid without Vent is a nightmare, while sign-ups are necessary for the raid leader(s) to make sure of a variety of things, ranging from raid composition up to fairness in terms of who gets to go. If it's something you like doing, taking it seriously doesn't end up seeming as wacky as it sounds; I led the raids and main tanked for my guild for a year and a half before finally having enough of it, but during that time I honestly enjoyed tearing my hair out trying to herd cats, staying up until 2AM going over data, and coming up with strategies prior to the raid knowing full well they'd probably have to be adjusted on the fly. There's a certain satisfaction to be had in getting 40 or 25 people to work as close to perfectly as possible.

There's a hell of a lot to be said against it, too, so I definitely don't recommend leading. Go along for the ride now and then, though; most guilds, despite the serious approach, do manage to have fun with it. Especially in the 10-mans. We used to do Stories With Holes in Kara. Good times.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I'm still doing COD4 and Crysis.

Thanks for the info. I have run the 10-man Karazhan instance a few times and even got an epic bracers off the first boss! WRT tailored gear, unfortunately it seems the best tailored gear requires you to be a high level tailor just to wear it much like most of the engineered gear. I find that incredibly stupid.

I got Mass Effect tonight and am about 2 hours into it.

Seems good so far \o/

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I'm thinking about re-upping my EVE Online subscription. I want to try out the new Amarr Battlecruiser and finish my training for Command Ships. I'm dying to fly in a Damnation, Absolution, and Harbinger.

Holy crap, they have Heavy Interdictors now? WANT!!!

MotB crashed on me after the first dungeon... Back into the game.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Fudge yes! My Super Nintendo (my second actually, I bought it in college with several games for cheap) WORKS! Super Metroid here I come!

Not the Witcher.

Not yet.

That's waiting until the holidays, so I can enjoy it without distractions like work and other people.

For now, I'm playing NWN2 again. I need to finish my current (good) character, then go back to the evil character who got stuck in MotB because he couldn't get to the next location. Now that the patch has fixed this, he's all set to go. I'm looking forward to seeing the evil ending of MotB, which I've heard is quite neat. Certainly the evil ending of the NWN2 OC was much better than the good one. :-

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I just found out that in recurring votes for over a year, I have been elected as a squad leader in my old EVE corp despite the fact that I don't play the game.

Going further into Overlord a little bit at a time. Was having quite the bit o' fun with the game, until this evening ... where I was driven crazy by a dungeon called "The Moist Hollows", which is where you get the blue water minions. There's this lever wheel I have to turn that my clumsy dork avatar can't reach himself, and the path I have to 'sweep'+Guard Marker my minions through to reach it is filled with deadly gysers and many 180 degree turns. This is made more aggravating by the clunky control/camera system. Every time I try, all the minions I send just die.

I finally tossed the cordless mouse across the room onto the floor and went out and bought some frozen yogurt. :bat:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have been going through Chronicles of Riddick again which is as great as it was the first few times. Something about the game, your player's movement when walking gives this game a more realistic feeling than most FPS still on the market. Other than that, been doing quite a bit of research for some top ten lists across multiple genres and consoles for my website before the end of year. While I won't rant on how much I can't stand sites putting out a top 100 games ever list every single year, my lists are going from 1997-2007. Can't wait to be finished. Was a little bit more of an undertaking than I at first thought.

When not doing that, or running through COR, I've been messing with some Team Fortress 2 and crazy enough, Zoo Tycoon 2 and its expansions for fun.

Still messing with Mass Effect, but now I got it hooked into my computer monitor and sound system. It is now far far far superior in performace than on my old SDTV. The only drawback I have now is that I am always reaching for my mouse when I have a controller in hand. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"