What are you playing now?

Gorth

Is there a decent way of moving about in this game?

Holding the left mouse button down gets old real fast.

Middle mouse button!

Gah - I don't have a middle mouse button!

Apparently, pressing the up arrow or w button changes the cursor to a green thing which keeps my character walking forward constantly. Is this what you mean? It's a little disconcerting.

manthing2.jpg

Have you found all of the 3 recipe books and the book for imbuing weapons?

Yes, I found all "books" (four recipes in each, meaning 12 recipes..). Yes, I found the Imbuing weapons book (three more). I also found Sam's guide to Demon Oil and the newbie torn page (which is a recipe that's in one of the books..). That means we have roughly sixteen recipes throughout the entire game. They all only need TWO ingredients ever.

So why wait? Go and throw you suggestions on the Basilisk forums. Basilisk Wrangler is one of the few developers that really listen their customers.

I haven't waited. I registered there yesterday and am now composing a gigantic first post :shifty:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

A student gave me Command and Conquer 3 for Christmas. I'm pretty sure I work at the best school ever. His dad works at EA, so hopefully it wasn't too much. Despite being sired by an EA employee, he doesn't have horns or a forked tail, so the Evil Empire stuff might be a bit exaggerated.

It's pretty cool so far, definitely causing me to reminisce about my High School days playing the first one and Red Alert. I love the cheesy live action sequences. It seems as if Kane is the only one actually acting in them, everyone else is like "how did my agent convince me to do this?"

A student gave me Command and Conquer 3 for Christmas. I'm pretty sure I work at the best school ever. His dad works at EA, so hopefully it wasn't too much. Despite being sired by an EA employee, he doesn't have horns or a forked tail, so the Evil Empire stuff might be a bit exaggerated.

It's pretty cool so far, definitely causing me to reminisce about my High School days playing the first one and Red Alert. I love the cheesy live action sequences. It seems as if Kane is the only one actually acting in them, everyone else is like "how did my agent convince me to do this?"

The lighting is particularly unflattering to the asian girl from Battlestar Galactica. It makes her look like an anorexic Austrolopithecus.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I lost two of my original squad members now. Stitch my doctor was blasted by friendly fire. I guess a .50 cal will do that to you.

Never mind about Stitch - is his Power Armor still in good shape?

He didn't drop it. Everything else was recovered though.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Damn, I forgot I had decent stealing skillzors so I just stealed the key and killed the rats

The bastard who designed that mission should burn in hell

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Decided to satisfy my curiosity and downloaded the 1.13 patch for Jagged Alliance 2.

Too many guns... just too many guns :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Decided to satisfy my curiosity and downloaded the 1.13 patch for Jagged Alliance 2.

Too many guns... just too many guns :aiee:

Hey Gorth buddy, two JA2 questions:

(1) Is there any way to slow the mouse cursor speed down? The cursor seems to fly across the edge of teh map now.

(2) Is there any way to disable the "command acknowledgment" when moving your whole squad at the same time. Hearing each of my merc's bark is pretty cool individually, but having them all at the same time is insane.

manthing2.jpg

Knockin' on Vault City's door. Jerks.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Too many guns... just too many guns :aiee:

Hey Gorth buddy, two JA2 questions:

(1) Is there any way to slow the mouse cursor speed down? The cursor seems to fly across the edge of teh map now.

(2) Is there any way to disable the "command acknowledgment" when moving your whole squad at the same time. Hearing each of my merc's bark is pretty cool individually, but having them all at the same time is insane.

Not sure about the first one, since mine doesn't "fly across the map". But then, my rig is getting pretty old by now. I noticed that the scroll speed is slower when running the game in 1024x768 mode (supported in version 1.13)

The second one would be a no, you still get the chorus, acknowledging team commands. Particularly noisy in big battles, where you have close to 18 merc's :-

"They try to kill me, but I am professional!" - Barry Unger

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm playing Tribes:Vengeance, a 9 euro find in a bargain bin.

It's pretty darn fun and kinetic, but man this is a difficult game. I've never playd anything, sans Tribes 2, where the enemy moved so fast, the fire flew so slow and both were happening in mid-air.

Ugh, it's possibly almost too hard for me.

Well, back to the Witcher.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's pretty darn fun and kinetic, but man this is a difficult game. I've never playd anything, sans Tribes 2, where the enemy moved so fast, the fire flew so slow and both were happening in mid-air.

I sense your powers are weak, old friend.

It appears the years of playing RPGs have finally dulled your reaction time and alacrity.

manthing2.jpg

I sense your powers are weak, old friend.

It appears the years of playing RPGs have finally dulled your reaction time and alacrity.

Brother! I must succeed, for I've heard this game contains a mighty fine plot for its genre.

But yes, I've played too many a rpg and yet more on the consoles, so my mouse and keyboard combo is weakening. Or I have to drop the settings from ultra-high. :lol:

By the way, in the Witcher,

after gaining access to the Trade Quarter, where is Kalkstein? I have a contract unfinished and need to find him, but he's gone from the lab.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh to add SPOILER TAGS, PEOPLE!!!! :aiee::-:(

Edited by SteveThaiBinh
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Well, that's a relief. I thought the old coot had taken a hike in the outskirts, or rather, would be gone for the chapter.

Thanks a bunch, Don.

kirottu said:

You know, you are really touchy. Why not spoiler tag WITHTEETH's and Xard's messages as well? The amount of spoilers is about the same. I mean, next to nothing.

Sheesh.

kirottu said:

I agree with Mus?

I've yet to get The Witcher and I saw nothing spoiling in that :p