What are you playing now?

Gorth

zomg, teh travesty!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I bought The Witcher and Mask of the Betrayer when they came out but haven't touched them for a month or two. Neither game really caught my interest. I mean, the story of MotB is really cool and I love the characters, but in the end the gameplay is little more than than your usual old hack and slash dungeon crawling with floor puzzles and occasional NPCs to talk to. It's like a non-linear Icewind Dale that has more role-playing but not the fantastic art direction or the smooth Infinity Engine.

The Witcher? I kinda like it but hate the load times and didn't feel like playing it after watching the poorly-made opening cinematic of the first chapter (the one where the demon dogs attack the woman and the girl outside the city gates). The combat controls are unresponsive as well. More than half the time I don't know if I'm swinging my sword or not.

The demo of Eschalon would have been disappointing if it wasn't exactly what I had been expecting: a simple old-school dungeon hack. If they are taking this route, I hope Basilisk will use something like Betrayal at Krondor as a model for their next game.

Jak II just got really incredible towards the end. The game takes some things from Grand Theft Auto but now

It's a bleeding warzone.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I agree with Mus?

I've yet to get The Witcher and I saw nothing spoiling in that :p

If you're approaching the end of chapter two (I think I'm near the end), then knowing whether a particular character lives or dies feels like a very big spoiler indeed. Maybe it won't seem so big after I get into the next chapter, I don't know. I appreciate that use of spoiler tags is a judgement call and there was no intention to spoil in this case, but it left me feeling very spoiled indeed. In any case, if everyone involved wants to continue to discuss the merits of my editing, let's do it via PM. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Just to be on the safe side, you better spoiler tag Gorth's JA2 message as well.

He mentioned something about guns FFS!

Oh noes, can you ever forgive me? :)

In that case, I wont tell you who you are going to face in the end...

But I am busy fighting her minions.

:p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This thread should be moved into spoilers.

Wow what an idea!

People are going to be talking about what game they are playing and most likely discuss the when and where's of the game itself, thus leading to spoilers. :shrugz:

Are you talking to yourself again?

Crazy kids, what will they think of next...

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Just finished Deus Ex. Just begun Anachnronox. Both are good, Deus Ex is _very_ good.

Still can't bring myself to re-start playing Pathologic. The game is amazing, but playing it requires great deal of concentration. (Which wouldn't be a problem if not for the fact that I play games mostly when I'm too tired to do anything else.)

I just beat Jak 3. So, this is the second series which I played all three games through straight. Xenosaga, now this. And I still have Daxter to play on the PSP. Overall, I'm wanting more of gameplay like this, so I may use some christmas money to get the Ratchet & Clank games.

Stupid bugs!

Curtis in Vault City disappeared when I left area and came back when I remembered I hadn't found doll for him yet.

So, I come back and get the doll behind Cassidy's bar but that kid is gone! >=(

Without that kid I can't get wrench for Vic's daughter and she's the one who would give me the super repair kit. Skeeter would then give me fuel cell controller for it.

In short: No car :'(

Can I cheat that damn wrench for me somehow?

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Stupid bugs!

Curtis in Vault City disappeared when I left area and came back when I remembered I hadn't found doll for him yet.

So, I come back and get the doll behind Cassidy's bar but that kid is gone! >=(

Without that kid I can't get wrench for Vic's daughter and she's the one who would give me the super repair kit. Skeeter would then give me fuel cell controller for it.

In short: No car :'(

Can I cheat that damn wrench for me somehow?

Klamath Mod lets you get all of the items in the game.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

My stupid cat won't let me play Daxter. I wish he'd get a job.

I'm actually back to playing EQ2. They've done quite a bit to the game since I last played, and it looks dreamy on my new PC. I originally checked out Vanguard, which also looked great, but it was still a buggy mess and Sony's ads convinced me to try the new EQ2 expansion, which actually features all the old stuff.

I'm also interested in this new card game they have inside the actual online world. I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard good stuff.

Just got the Burning Crusade for Christmas, so more WoW for me.

Since the rest of my friends aren't so able to play at the moment, I am taking a break from questing and just doing copious amounts of PvP.

I need to check you into a WoW addicts clinic, Alan.

This madness must come to a stop!

manthing2.jpg

Since the rest of my friends aren't so able to play at the moment, I am taking a break from questing and just doing copious amounts of PvP.

I'm probably more addicted than he is.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just how many hours (and $$$) did it take you to get that Lvl 70 char? Now I've never played WoW, but even I know that that's pretty much the max level, no?

manthing2.jpg

Just how many hours (and $$$) did it take you to get that Lvl 70 char? Now I've never played WoW, but even I know that that's pretty much the max level, no?

currently on Kithsara, my only 70 I've got 33 days strait of time, about 17 of that has been spent at 70. Admittedly I started in summer of 06 and didn't make 70 until june 07.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Some dude named Jeffbuhl tried ganking my friend and I (I'm level 49 rogue, she's level 50 paladin). He was ?? to both of us, but with only a normal mount, so he couldn't have been too high.

When we first saw him we waved and he waved back, the typical non-hostile gesture. Then once we started fighting tar beasts, he stealthed and came and killed us. Big man! So, then he decided to corpse camp the living crap out of us as well. We finally just outwaited him after he killed us a few times more (we got him once though!!). So, we're busy killing dinosaurs, then I see him and I scream to my friend "Our Friend is back our friend is back!!"

I quickly stealth, and he sees her and goes and attacks her. I cheapshot him, and do my best to stunlock. She gets off her bubble just in time before she dies, and we end up killing him. We quickly heal up and bandage and he respawns and runs right for her, so I stunlock him and we smack him around hardcore this time. He even tried sprinting away but unfortunately crippling poison prevented him from doing that!! Muahaha.

Now we're both pretty low and health, and the graveyard isn't too far away, so we don't have much time. He respawns and we fight again. He is able to just get me as I Coldblood Eviscerate him for 890 damage, at which point my friend uses Holy Wrath and instantly kills him since he was low health. I quickly run back to my body and as I revive, I see my friend engaged in combat. She doesn't have her bubble, and he's kicking her butt pretty quick. I get off a cheap shot, then a Kidney shot to keep him stunned. My friend is inches away from death, so I decide to vanish, so I can get off another cheapshot once the kidney shot wears off.

In the end, we killed him 4 times, and he got me once. The final time he respawned he sprinted away, running home to mommy. We figured he actually ran away to heal up so he wouldn't be at part health when we fought, and as we mounted up, we saw him trying to come after us. We figured we had had our fun, so we just carried on and returned to Marshal's Refuge. Yay us!

Felt good to get him back 4 times after the punk decided he was cool enough to corpse camp people at least 11 levels lower than him.

Our friend: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...&n=Jeffbuhl

Me: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...hj&n=Jorian

Paladin Friend: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...hj&n=Alegna

Edited by alanschu

Not playing it now, but I just went out and adopted a PS3 and four games. Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Resistance, and Ratchet & Clank Future. Expect to see them on my now playing posts soon.