Mass Effect

Bokishi

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory introduced a percentage system that gave you ratings based on your performance during the mission. This meant that I was more likely to try certain play styles, and replay in different ways, compared to the first two games, because CT acknowledged the way I played. I like achievements for pretty much the same reason. The best ones are those that inspire me to play in a way I might not otherwise have thought of.

Of course, it may simply be that I'm a 28 year old kiddie who needs appreciation.

There's a boyscout in all of us! :)

Gromnir were kicked out of the boy scouts... true story.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I was beat up by cubscouts.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was beat up by cubscouts.

tell us you had been beat up by girl scouts or brownies and we would not have been surprised neither.

regardless, achievements and merit badges is obviously something that Gromnir not "get."

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Anyone else think Kaidan is gay?

This is what Mass Effect definately lacked. Here we have ubermacho space heroes (marine, spectre, whatever) in a military enviroment, the most manly and homo-erotic of things. Manly men comparing their size of their guns, reading guns & ammo and cheer at each other with breastbeating "WHOA"s. Kaiden would be perfect if the player chooses to play as a 'bear'-character, as the gay community calls them. How Bioware missed this oppurtunity to deliver homosexuality in its right and perfect enviroment baffles me.

I am just calling it for what it is folks :)

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Double post.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I thought Kaidan had an interesting background, very Biowarian but interesting. Kind of odd that the game doesn't have a gay romance option though. They did it in Jade Empire, pretty decently actually, so why not here?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I thought Kaidan had an interesting background, very Biowarian but interesting. Kind of odd that the game doesn't have a gay romance option though. They did it in Jade Empire, pretty decently actually, so why not here?

OMG GEY. It seemed to me as if Kaidan was written with heterosexuality in mind, or that the writers didn't feel bisexuality fit the character. And given that none of the other male party members are even remotely human-looking, the gay thing became impractical.

Also, it's been announced that there will be another book written in the setting that will serve as a ligament between the first and second games.

Edited by Pop

"They did it in Jade Empire, pretty decently actually, so why not here?"

Accoridng to BIO, it didn't fit the story/setting. They got a flak by a bunch of whiny crybabies too over it. Calling them homophobic, and all sort sof nasty things. *shrug*

Remember folks, it's all about 'tolerance'.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

There was romance in Jade Empire?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I know this is a mass effect thread but please eloborate. I mean I talked to my female companions during jade empire all the time and all I got was like a "I like you too :ermm:"

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

They thought you were ugly and just wanted to be friends.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I know this is a mass effect thread but please eloborate. I mean I talked to my female companions during jade empire all the time and all I got was like a "I like you too :)"

Wow, I hooked up with both of them...at the same time!

That's the closest I'll ever get to a threesome for $50.

I let Kaiden stay with the nuke for the simple reason he was VO'd by Carth. :thumbsup:

But in all seriousness, he was an interesting character who I liked. I suppose I could have let Ashley take the long radioactive nap, but I was romancing her instead of Liara (how disappointing that she didn't inherit her mother's most obvious trait).

Tali is my favorite character by far though. She was one of the few who was genuinely pleasant and helpful to the PC.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Well, I finally go the game, except its in french, which sucks, so I'll have to change it.

4 hours in, and I just got off the citadel, and visited a few planets in search of Liara... I think I'll go back to the Citadel to complete some more optional quests...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

This game has really grown on me. I just excited Virmire with a bang(poor Kaidan, I liked him) and the crew have become something like close to me.

Bit of a surprise, after Jade Empire.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I haven't had much problem with the combat so far... I mostly just run in and shoot, while sometimes using biotic powers. Even the Tresher Maw wasn't a problem...

I've only died once, and that was during a raid of a certain pirate base in the Artemis Nebula... Don't know which system.

Also, I haven't found much to do in the Sparta system, apart from a hidden Prothean disk (and I still have no idea what it does, and it doesn't seem to change much for something important)... an lots of gas pockets and the like. What do the gas pockets/mineral deposits change? Do we get to tell someone about them so they can go extract ressources and we get a share of the credits? Some sort of sidequest?

I'm incredibly poor. Most of the stuff I could buy is really costy, and I have about 2000 credits.

And Kaidan reminds me of Trask, mostly because you use him a few times, but then you lose interest in him... or maybe I overuse the aliens in my group. I seriously need more biotic characters.

Also, the little conversations during elevator rides are nice.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I thought that was a stupid idea (the whole collecting missions) sure it was a nice way to get you to explore but it when the worlds aren't that populated or different after the third one you just kinda shrug and walk away.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I don't like most of the music... it's always "mysterious". Gets annoying.

Also, the french version isn't so bad.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY