Mass Effect

Bokishi

Me in my opinion suffers from having to few really well done planets and way to many useless planets. As much as I like galactic scavenger hunts, that is rediculous. I completed it in about 30 hours with a minimum of side quests and was still at level 35 when I finished. I think bioware put in to much empty space (that's what drove me away from most of the side quests, all the massive amounts of walking) I also noticed they didn't give out like any omnitools in my loot bags.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Definitely have to agree. The side quest planets were all the same, boring as hell and completely repetitive barren crappyness. The main story line planets were absolutely exciting to play and nice to look at. I wish they would have had put at least 5 or so planets that were half as in depth as those planets throughout the universe. Could be anything from conflicting pirate camps/colonists/anti-human-alien rebel groups and stuff. I mean even the prestige class mission wasn't made at main quest quality which is a real shame.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I mean even the prestige class mission wasn't made at main quest quality which is a real shame.

But...but ... you were on the moon! How cool was that?

Just finished my first playthrough last night. I got the "Completist" achievement, which I guess means I completed most of the game. I still had one or two sidequests to wrap up, but I decided that I was sick of putting off the main plot and I took the Normandy to Ilos.

I really enjoyed the game. Inventory management became a chore at times, but that was really my only gripe. I too, chuckled when Lt. Alenko stopped his little rant about biotic school because he wouldn't want me to think he was "a whiner."

I thought the NPCs were well-written and fun to have around. Voice acting was great, too, although I'm hearing Jennifer Hale's work as female Shep is really something special. I'll have to check that out.

Here's something I thought was interesting: I unlocked some sort of achievement for getting a boatload of kills with the assault rifle. Now, apparently, any new character I create has the ability to put points into assault rifles, whether or not their class would normally allow it.

This could make for some interesting combinations on repeated playthroughs, am I right?

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Yes, youa re right.

Anyways, I finished the game just now. Thed ending was good; but I still was expecteing a lot more flash. Can't wait for the sequel.

Ilos was below epxectations - espicially after the absolutely awesome Virmire. The situation with Wrex was really explosive. I was playing a Paragon; but I did a practice test with the Renegade options, and it was very, very cold. WOW!

The music in the end game paths is beyond phenomenal (even comapred to the rets of the upper class music you can hear).

My romance with Ashley was cool. The love scene was no biggy though you actually get a naked butt shot of Ah's ass, lol (don't worry, it lasts like 1 sec), and a tease of showing her boobies. The dialogue there cna be somehwat cheesy; but then again, that's kinda expected with any type of romance. HA!

I really hope ME2 uses a lot of your important (and not so important) choices in ME2. For my ending i chose to save the Citedal, and made the obvious choice and put Captain Anderson on the council as my choice candidate. I lvoe being able to talk Saren out of indoctrination. Too bad he kills himself. Sorviegn wass aesome, and I wish he had a bigger role as the dialogue with him on Virmire (which wa smy fave main world planet followed by Noveria, not counting Citedal).

HATED inventory. Loved combat. Mako was okay; but I hope it's upgradeable in ME2 so it has more rpgness to it.

ME > KOTOR

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

am thinking that drew (the me lead writer) watches far too much anime for his own good... 'cause while Gromnir is enjoying story and characters, there is far too many of those huh/wtf moments for us to be comfortable with. take bits and pieces from every other familiar sci-fi setting not bother us much, but if Gromnir has to work to rationalize various plot lines, then something is wrong.

and keep in mind that Gromnir is pretty darn relaxed 'bout such plot stuff. kreia wanting to kill the force as explanation for her whole grand plan? had no problem with that. me, on the other hand, asks for us to ignore the clamoring protest o' our brain for hours at a time and simply enjoy the pretty pictures, character interactions and gameplay... and as the gameplay is a little too twitchy for our tastes...

is still fun 'nuff to keep us involved, but too much huh/wtf.

oh, and the stoopid me planet exploration crap should be a good reminder for all o' you clowns who claims to have enjoyed bg1 exploration... 'cause is same sorta nonsense. heck, me actually is slightly less annoying in this respect 'cause at least some 'o those tangential map side quests is more than fedex time wasters.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just finished and I loved it. It said I had about 31 hours of playtime, but I feel like I put more in. I was at level 48 at the end, and I feel like I should go back to a previous save just to get the level 50 acheivement. I played Engineer on casual and the combat was a breeze, but I don't really play these games for the combat.

I also kept Wrex with me pretty much from where he joins up, but I didn't get the Krogan ally acheivement. I don't get it, but I enjoyed Wrex more than anyone so no biggie. He's like Eyeore (donkey in winnie the pooh) with a gun.

I might be willing to replay as renegade with a different party, there seemed like enough different choices to warrant it.

Out of the Big Three this Q4, I'd say MotB had the best atmosphere, Witcher the best story, while ME was the most "fun". Great game overall, and like I said before, I'd give all three of them a score in between 85-95.

Eden Prime: 2.5/5 - Yeah, it was a good intro mission with breathtaking backgrounds, but it kinda felt on the short side like it was missing something.

The Citadel: 3/5 - Generally, a well thought out idea with the classic cyberpunk sociological-infrastructure layer thing going on. Unlike Taris (K1), however, I didn't feel it was used to its full potential in terms of sidequests.

Therum: 1.5/5 - With the exception of picking up Liara (and Bioware's obsession with the Tower of Hanoi), this place was pretty much forgettable.

Noveria: 5/5 - One of the most awesome levels ever. This place had it all. The shift from corrupt sci-fi corporation busting to Half-Life-esque research facility ass kickery was totally sweet and awesome.

Feros: 4.5/5 - Another brilliant level. Kudos to the devs again. I was really digging the "cabal-of-crazy-cannibals" vibe I was picking up ala Jade Empire.

Virmire: 4.5/5 - Wrex, Ashley/Kaiden, Crazed Salarians...to say anymore would spoil it. Needless to say, this level epitomized the awesomeness of ME.

Ilos: 2/5.5 - WTF, Mate? Nah, it wasn't really that bad. But generally suffered from that inevitable Hack-n'Slash-to-the-end-Boss feel that most RPGs tend to suffer from. Probably less a fault of the devs and more of an intrinsic thing with the genre.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Therum: 1.5/5 - With the exception of picking up Liara (and Bioware's obsession with the Tower of Hanoi), this place was pretty much forgettable.

Noveria: 5/5 - One of the most awesome levels ever. This place had it all. The shift from corrupt sci-fi corporation busting to Half-Life-esque research facility ass kickery was totally sweet and awesome.

Heh, the Towers of Hanoi puzzle was in Noveria in the generator core. All Therum had was get combat in the ruins.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Heh, the Towers of Hanoi puzzle was in Noveria in the generator core. All Therum had was get combat in the ruins.

I really expected a cool boss fight with a Krogan in Therum. I thought there might be some decent banter, since I had Wrex in my party. It was fairly disappointing.

That Krogan went down surprisingly easy compared to the regular Krogans who rush your position with immunities and barriers on.

That said, the fight was fun and I liked the pretty difficult armature fight before it, at the entrance to the ruins.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

technically? one. is only 1 refinery base. however, you also gots multiple tunnels and the 'bove ground portion of the final location also gots the refinery base feel. entire area outside first tunnel is probably toughest portion if, like Gromnir, you hate the mako... something like 4 armatures and a colossus, as well as a bunch o' rocket and shock troop geth. otherwise, after the refinery base, it is all easy til you get to final 'bove ground location.

"shrug"

much like bis did with how, bio hearkens back to donkey kong for inspiration. heck, the mako can actually jump so as to more fully complete the parallel. repetitive S-shaped maps? how very progressive. luckily most critical path planets ain't entirely donkey kong style, but virtual all gots some o' that nonsense... therum=most donkey kong.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I also kept Wrex with me pretty much from where he joins up, but I didn't get the Krogan ally acheivement. I don't get it, but I enjoyed Wrex more than anyone so no biggie. He's like Eyeore (donkey in winnie the pooh) with a gun.

seen this at bio... and am surprised we recall. the actual mechanics of ally achievement is more specific than "complete majority of the game with..."

45 assignments and 11 missions.

the confusion comes with the assignments, many of which can be completed sans party. go back to normandy and talk to hackett to complete? well then, that assignment not count towards ally achievement. complete any of the goose chase assignment (minerals/writings/insignia/medallions/etc.) from galaxy map and again you gets 0 cred towards ally achieve. is 50+ total possible assignments.... something like 54. however, at least three or four is completed with a hackett dialogue on normandy. goose chase = 4 more. as you can see, if you has misfortune to complete all goose chase assignments via survey function of galaxy map, then your window o' opportunity shrinks dangerously... 'specially if you play good and skip the 3-4 shady assignments.

am perplexed why anybody cares 'bout achievements, but there you go... mystery solved.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

All the achievements in the game provide tangible benefits for later playthroughs. The obvious example being kill 150 creatures with a shotgun = any character can use the shotgun. The ally benefits vary. The only one I know (through a friend) is Garrus. If you get Garrus' achievement the cooldown time on all tech powers is reduced by 10%.

All the achievements in the game provide tangible benefits for later playthroughs. The obvious example being kill 150 creatures with a shotgun = any character can use the shotgun. The ally benefits vary. The only one I know (through a friend) is Garrus. If you get Garrus' achievement the cooldown time on all tech powers is reduced by 10%.

am clear on what the achievements do.... am simply not understanding why somebody would want. boost to some abilities After you has already played game through?

okie dokie.

HA! Good Fun!

am clear on what the achievements do.... am simply not understanding why somebody would want. boost to some abilities After you has already played game through?

okie dokie.

HA! Good Fun!

It's like the medals that the boyscouts get all the time. The kiddies need some appriciation.

You're simply too old, as i am, to understand :thumbsup:

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory introduced a percentage system that gave you ratings based on your performance during the mission. This meant that I was more likely to try certain play styles, and replay in different ways, compared to the first two games, because CT acknowledged the way I played. I like achievements for pretty much the same reason. The best ones are those that inspire me to play in a way I might not otherwise have thought of.

Of course, it may simply be that I'm a 28 year old kiddie who needs appreciation.

Of course, it may simply be that I'm a 28 year old kiddie who needs appreciation.

I appreciate you. Now give me a high five!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory introduced a percentage system that gave you ratings based on your performance during the mission. This meant that I was more likely to try certain play styles, and replay in different ways, compared to the first two games, because CT acknowledged the way I played. I like achievements for pretty much the same reason. The best ones are those that inspire me to play in a way I might not otherwise have thought of.

There's a boyscout in all of us! :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

*has hand still held up waiting for a high five*

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."