What are you playing now?

Darque

I just tried Hellgate London and I was astounded. With all the hype I assumed I would be facing atleast an AAA-class average shooter, but this game is nowhere near that ballpark. It looks so old and ugly that I thought there was something wrong with the config and that i was running it on low settings,but I have everything maxed out. And everything else, from interface to tutorial also smells old and poorly made.

There WAS something wrong with the config, the game doesnt look that bad. Although the characters still doesnt have faces, but "face baloons" with textures on them

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Vista is still inferior to XP as a gaming OS. I'd say once the SP1 and riper gfx drivers get released, it could be worthwhile to switch over Vista entirely.

Unless you care about 1-3 fps then you should probably switch to Vista now. I did and I don't regret

Not before I have a DX10 rig with 4Gb RAM.

Besides, I saw benchmarks that show that even the DX10 optimised Crysis still runs better on XP with the same settings.

Yeah but your talking like it's 6-months ago. Vista is totally the gaming OS now

Yes, because the market is flooded with pretty DirectX 10 games right now.. No wait, it isn't.

It must be because Vista is much faster than XP! No wait, it isn't.

Must be the stability and abundance of fresh drivers on Vista then! No wait. That's not right.

So.. Exactly why is Vista "the gaming OS" now?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Vista is still inferior to XP as a gaming OS. I'd say once the SP1 and riper gfx drivers get released, it could be worthwhile to switch over Vista entirely.

Unless you care about 1-3 fps then you should probably switch to Vista now. I did and I don't regret

Not before I have a DX10 rig with 4Gb RAM.

Besides, I saw benchmarks that show that even the DX10 optimised Crysis still runs better on XP with the same settings.

Yeah but your talking like it's 6-months ago. Vista is totally the gaming OS now

Vista isn't a gaming OS not even close to what Xp is right now.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Yes, because the market is flooded with pretty DirectX 10 games right now.. No wait, it isn't.

Must be the stability and abundance of fresh drivers on Vista then! No wait. That's not right.

Because its shiny! And you can turn windows in any direction while you play solitaire and surf the web for pRon.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I hope the next OS from microsoft will be sleek and fast, instad of bloated and slow o:)

And Ive pulled an Oblivion again. Ive been playing Hellgate:London for sveral hours now and its kind of fun. Lots of neat equipment, but there are too many enemies and there is no sense of story whatsoever. Single-player MMO style.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Eh, Vista is good for high end machines, but XP is still your best bet for a mid-grade PC. Vista will also continue to improve, just like XP did. It always takes about a year before the Microsoft OS's really become worth the upgrade, and we are almost there with Vista, but again it's pointless without a high end machine.

Actually, I'll tell you that I wasn't sold on Vista until I saw my sister playing WoW of all things. If WoW can look that much better on Vista, then think of what some of these other games can do. I upgraded and Vista (at least the 64 bit version) is faster and sleeker than XP EXCEPT on boot. It boots slower than XP. ...And I almost didn't even load Vista on her system but she wanted to have the same OS for her work computers and her home computer.

Oh, and I finished Episdoe One which was fun. I've been playing Episode Two for a while with no crashes at all. That's so weird. Why would One crash all the time but Two doesn't. Must have tightened down the bolts. Anyhow, I think both are fun, but I prefer Two so far.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Still playing the occasional bouts of Team Fortress 2. Finished Phoenix Wright: Justice for All yesterday. Have started Trials and Tribulations, as well as Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. Of these, I forsee none of them dominating me past when Witcher arrives. After that, who knows.

I've also recently purchased Jeanne D'Arc, Sega Genesis Collection, and The Castlevania X Chronicles. My PSP collection (6) is closing in on my DS collection (o:). Both are closing in on my GBA collection (9)

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Krookie is jealous.

P.S. I'm playing NHL 08, and MOTB still.

P.S.S. This is the first NHL game in awhile (well.. ever) that I can sadly proclaim I need a lot more practice before I cna get good on All Star level. BOOOOOO!!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Tale seems to get every game when he wants it.

I think you're spoiled.

By your parents.

At their house.

In their basement.

Alone.

Pfft, my parents have no basement. The trick to being able to afford games is:

1) Don't have a girlfriend. Seriously, they'll take all your ****ing money.

2) Don't go out. Even if you don't have a girlfriend, this is the exact behavior they force you into that causes you to waste all your ****ing money.

3) **** "next-gen." Get handhelds. Games are $20-30 each. Systems are cheaper, too. Games are every bit as good. Better in some respects because they're not all shooters.

For the cost of a 360 or PS3 and a hi-def TV, I can get both handhelds and 10+ games. For the cost of a going to the movies with the girlfriend, I can buy another game.

Edited by Tale

Are you saying you sacrifice your social life to play crappy handheld Nintendo games?

Are you saying talking with complete idiots is better than ****ING AWESOME STRATEGY RPGS!

This is not the internet I remember at all!

Dude you are also talking like it's 6 months ago. Stability is in. SLI works. Games like FEAR do run faster. DX10 games are emerging. If you are a high end PC gamer, then stop being a pansy and upgrade to Vista, it's solid right now, and features like the game explorer make organizing the games you have installed easier.

I think it's obvious that someone in this thread doesn't have their priorities straight. :mellow:

Yes it seems so. This thread is about what game are you playing.

I'm not currently playing anything at the moment.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm playing Dark Crusade. About to finish as Orks.

Also, I finished Portal last night, it was every bit as good as I imagined.

Also, Firefox spell checker is great. With the exception that it does not contain it's own name.

Also, I seem to have a nifty new title. The titles seems to stop at 2000 posts though, no biggie.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I just finished Puzzle Quest. I have no idea what to play now. Maybe I should finish Gothic 3?

How about replaying it?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: