What are you playing now?

Darque

Wow.

I feel 2007 is not only the year of RPGs for the West but also for the East. After just experiencing MotB, now this.

I just finished a Chinese RPG game called "Legend of the Sword and Fairy 4". The game plays in the similar vein of a typical JRPG.

The series is literally well-known for love triangles, reviewing old Chinese philosophies of life and its bitter sweet endings. Fantastic music, memorable dialogue between characters, an ending that is perfect for its bittersweetness makes the game to be unforgettable for the time to come for me. Finally an installment that is able to rival the first which made the game legendary in the East.

An example of the quality of the music that remains consistent throughout the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ecsirsFjc

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

*Sigh* Too bad nobody here knows what I'm talking about.

Isn't that the game that was made into a TV series? I think I saw bits of that.

And yeah, there are tons of Wuxia novels that could be converted into good RPGs. Too bad.

EDIT: THAT. MUSIC.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yes Lyranor, that's the one!

Though the plot expectedly, got butchered in the making of the TV series. There's an English translation in the making as we speak, look up in the Wiki I would suggest if you are interested. Its strongly advised one must understand Chinese culture and history to appreciate the story and behaviours of the characters however.

If only Jade Empire was made in a manner close to Wuxia novel kind in spirit instead of a just another Western fantasy that merely got a face lift.

Edited by Zoma

I'm not Chinese, but I can watch Chinese series pretty easily, since they're dubbed (not in English, though - they really could benefit from some English subs for more broad appeal, actually).

Jade Empire, haha. What a joke.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/v...per-Paper-Mario

Didn't really know where to put this in C&C, so I just went ahead and put it somewhere everyone would see.

Highlights:

retarded.JPG

"Retarded mammoth in a Nine Inch Nails T-Shirt"

Keanu.JPG

Super Paper Mario is set in a bizarre Keanu Reeves themed universe where everybody is a cardboard cut-out.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

where everybody is a cardboard cut-out.

There are people who don't know this already? It's only the third game in the series. It goes back to the N64.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think the point was just to make the Keanu joke.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

NWN2/MOTB

Just finished this awesome game that ended up on my favorite games list and about to replay with new char. However, first I'm off to replay final segment of game again to trigger more "optimal" good ending

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Hellgate demo.

Some friends were in the beta and their general take was that it felt 'very Diablo-like' - but the character skills (the ability to be flexible w/them per class, I guess) were very lacking/boring in comparison... or something to that effect. ie, the usual "it has potential as a good action-rpg type game, but as-is, it's disappointing."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hellgate demo.

Some friends were in the beta and their general take was that it felt 'very Diablo-like' - but the character skills (the ability to be flexible w/them per class, I guess) were very lacking/boring in comparison... or something to that effect. ie, the usual "it has potential as a good action-rpg type game, but as-is, it's disappointing."

I'm currently playing the HGL Beta myself, and it's not really comparable with the demo at all. It definitely shows potential, but I feel it doesn't kick off the atmosphere/addiction-factor from Diablo as well. I still have to play more though to make a final judgement. Playing with a Summoner, I always have this salamander tank and two goofy mini-demons with me, annoying enemies and stuff. Very funny actually. The British accents range from "nice try", to "yeah I believe you Mr. Bean" to "just annoying shut up finally!!!11".

That reminds me: I installed the Hellgate: London beta.. but I've forgotten to try it out! Damn you, Puzzle Quest, damn you to hell!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I finished Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer last night. Then I started up a new NWN2 game with a level 18 Wizard with the sole purpose of getting Elanee in the sack (I've never gotten the druids as allies, not even sure I can, but want to try). Then I'll go into Mask with the purpose of getting the companion I didn't in my first run as well as flirting with the other chicka.

Edited by Tale

Hey, you are at a forum where a majority of the regulars has finished BG 2 a couple of times. That asks for not only commitment, but a huge measure of fanatism.

Me? I'm finishing Quake 4, don't want to leave it paused during exams. I try to generally finish anything I like even a bit, since I hate the feeling I can get during something important - that I wish I knew what happens next in that something cool.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Doesn't that game get old after a while, or is it that good?

Bloodlines is just "that good," and is one of the only games that has been perpetually installed since I bought it... :bat:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It's worth playing through with the clans that affect the gameplay significantly, that is, the Nossies and the Malks. The rest are more or less indistinguishable. I play it mainly these days because it's the only CRPG I have that lets me substitute my own, better music into the game.

Edited by Pop

I made the mistake of playing Malk first. The game just wasn't as... interesting with the other clans, so I never really played it through again. (I think I got as far as china town with another char... don't remember which clan, though). I think I've nearly played it through with another malk though, doing it a bit differently where possible.

I made the mistake of playing Malk first. The game just wasn't as... interesting with the other clans, so I never really played it through again. (I think I got as far as china town with another char... don't remember which clan, though). I think I've nearly played it through with another malk though, doing it a bit differently where possible.

I did the same mistake, played a male malkav in my first game. Also neglected my combat skills and had give up in a certain boss battle, backtrack my steps to a previous save and make a different decision regarding what path to take.

I can definitely recommend Nosferatu for a different gaming experience though, even if it might not be for everybody. I played a female one to boot, just for the hot leather wear.

Despite it's technical issues, an awesome game :bat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Choosing Malk is never a mistake. If you want to replay with a different character, just choose a malk of a different gender!

I also had progression problems due to my path. So, I just said "fudge it" and cheated. My guy became good at everything.

I just installed what I thought would be Chrome, an fps which demo I really liked, under perhaps a US name called "SpecForce". Well, it ended up being a fugly half-done tactical shooter. And now I have ****ing Starforce in my system.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, Chrome is called Chrome still in the US.