Transformers general

Oerwinde

For me, Transformers is that crappy kid show on Fox each Saturday morning, plus Beast Wars. Which means I'm very happy to see some less childish designs and less crappy "save the world from evil!!!" scenarios.

I liked Beast Wars though, even if the graphics were... kinda lame.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

God, Will and Pixies are making me feel old.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, I'd be willing to bet you're older than 17. So your feeling old is probably not misplaced. Becase you ARE old.

Take it. Take it.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Youngsters.

Pheh!

On the other hand, by dad thinks that every cartoon made after The Flintstones are rubbish.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I may be a bit slow and off-topic, but.. what the hell happened?

http://revproject.com/transformers/default.html

I don't recognize any one of them except Optimus Prime.

I think new autobot designs are cool looking just totally different than orginals. The decepticon designs are crappy.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

^I've seen the original war propaganda supermouse cartoon on some old compilation. It's an untentionally hilarious play on Superman fighting nazis, but with animal counterparts.

As for Transformers, I too played with the old toyline when I was around five and six, before school and then they were the awesomest of awesome, but when they started showing Beast Wars on some satellite channel a couple of years back and I tried to watch, I had to make efforts not to cringe. Of course, I never saw any of the original animated series when I was a kid, so that could affect the image, and indeed the love I hold towards them, quite a lot.

I can understand the hoola over the new designs, but I'm not against them, since the redesign is afterall made for their prime demographic group and that is a completely different lot to what it was back in the 70's.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I kind of like the movie designs. It seems they went for a relatively functional look. Bonecrusher, though, is just a name. He was called Vortex and Soundwave too. I don't think Bonecrusher is the final name they chose for him, either.

I like the new designs too, very modern.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sweet Jesus, Mary, And Joseph!!!!!!! :)

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

I kind of like the movie designs. It seems they went for a relatively functional look. Bonecrusher, though, is just a name. He was called Vortex and Soundwave too. I don't think Bonecrusher is the final name they chose for him, either.

The site has the wrong pic for Bonecrusher. They have Blackout. Bonecrusher is the minelayer, the guy who tackles prime on the highway in the trailers.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

They have to make sure to call it "Animated." We wouldn't want anyone to think it might be one of the myriad of live action Transformer shows.

Coming soon, Ninja Turtles Animated right after He-Man Animated and Pokemon Animated in the Saturday Morning Catroon Animated block.

That shot is better than the licensing ad, but not by much.

EDIT:

"Cartoon Network Studios and Hasbro are co-producing a new animated Transformers series, which will premiere in January and is hoped to build on the momentum created by the highly anticipated live-action feature film opening July 3, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

There have been three other Transformers series on Cartoon Network and eight series altogether since 1984. But this is the first one Hasbro is co-producing with Cartoon rather than its Japanese toy and production partner, Takara.

Cartoon and Hasbro executives told the trade paper that the new series, Transformers Animated, will be significantly different from the others, adding humor, never-before-seen characters and a new premise in which the Autobots fight evil humans in superhero fashion much more frequently than they battle the Decepticons, the traditional Transformers enemy since the franchise launched as a toy line in 1984.

The animated series won't pick up on any of the themes from the Paramount/DreamWorks film, which is directed by Michael Bay.

In the new Cartoon series, the robots will have a lot more human qualities, allowing kids to identify with the characters much more than in previous series.

The plan is to produce 26 half-hour episodes, as well as a 90-minute special that will serve as the series premiere. Matt Youngberg (Teen Titans, The Batman) is the supervising director of the series, Sam Register (Teen Titans) will serve as executive producer."

Emphasis mine.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That shot is better than the licensing ad, but not by much.

EDIT:

"Cartoon Network Studios and Hasbro are co-producing a new animated Transformers series, which will premiere in January and is hoped to build on the momentum created by the highly anticipated live-action feature film opening July 3, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

There have been three other Transformers series on Cartoon Network and eight series altogether since 1984. But this is the first one Hasbro is co-producing with Cartoon rather than its Japanese toy and production partner, Takara.

Cartoon and Hasbro executives told the trade paper that the new series, Transformers Animated, will be significantly different from the others, adding humor, never-before-seen characters and a new premise in which the Autobots fight evil humans in superhero fashion much more frequently than they battle the Decepticons, the traditional Transformers enemy since the franchise launched as a toy line in 1984.

The animated series won't pick up on any of the themes from the Paramount/DreamWorks film, which is directed by Michael Bay.

In the new Cartoon series, the robots will have a lot more human qualities, allowing kids to identify with the characters much more than in previous series.

The plan is to produce 26 half-hour episodes, as well as a 90-minute special that will serve as the series premiere. Matt Youngberg (Teen Titans, The Batman) is the supervising director of the series, Sam Register (Teen Titans) will serve as executive producer."

Emphasis mine.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHere is your god now, indeed.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I think I'm seeinng a pattern emerging here concerning anime and this new series.Clearly when the designers made their pitch to a focus group of fans the fans just broke down and wept. And if I've learned one thing from Somethingawful it is that Japanese anime creators believe that crying is a sign of great enthusiasm, nay arousal. Obviously this lead them to believe that the fans loved the new show.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

While that thing with the humans does seem like a huge departure for the franchise, at least it's better than a story about a bunch of robots which turn into Volkswagens, Nissans, and Toyotas fighting (and winning) against robots that turn into huge guns or into F-15 jets.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think I'm seeinng a pattern emerging here concerning anime and this new series.Clearly when the designers made their pitch to a focus group of fans the fans just broke down and wept. And if I've learned one thing from Somethingawful it is that Japanese anime creators believe that crying is a sign of great enthusiasm, nay arousal. Obviously this lead them to believe that the fans loved the new show.

The one glaring flaw in this is that Cartoon Network studios is american. I know we all like to look at modern cartoons and decry "that's not how they drew them when I was a kid" and conclude it must be Japanese! But alas... alas...

^^ With Pidesco putting it that way...

Edited by Tale

The one glaring flaw in this is that Cartoon Network studios is american. I know we all like to look at modern cartoons and decry "that's not how they drew them when I was a kid" and conclude it must be Japanese! But alas... alas...

A fair and wise point. My theory does not, however, preclude American designers raised under the malign influence of anime.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The original Transformers TV series was Japanese.

Heja Sverige!!

The original Transformers TV series was Japanese.

No, it wasn't. It was originally American. Then somewhere around season 3 or 4 it became Japanese. The next series, Beast Wars and following Beast Machines were also American. And during this, the Japanese also made their own "spin-offs" of the projects, such as a Beast Wars movie and things like that which don't related very well back to the original series.

Edited by Tale

Here.

Heja Sverige!!