Transformers general

Oerwinde

Oh... my... god...

*faints*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Pidesco: You pretty much summed up everyones childhood there, atleast on the western hemisphere ;) But you forgot two of them, this one and

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I can almost hear the moronic executives.

"We've got the Transformers Franchise."

*Sounds of enthusiastic hooting, much like that of apes and hogs*

*One tertiary male pipes up in hopes of promotion*

"We have to make it fresh and new"

*Sounds of assent*

"Let's redesign how they look, while keeping the basic design"

Except of course, being soulless weasel boys they have no idea what the basic design is, and wind up changing things at random. LIKE THE GUY'S FACE. I mean, why couldn't thay have just done something innocuous, like expand Prime's left leg to five times original size?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"Wonder Twin Powers, activate!!"

... it is amazing when you look back at what one watched as a kid, sometimes ...

And Tale wins sig of the week.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I agree, Tale's sig should be bought some kind of beer.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Apparently its being done by the guy responsible for teen titans and Legion of Superheroes. Only he wanted to do it in a way we've never seen Transformers before. And he has. I've never seen Transformers suck so hard.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Oerwinde, se that's the kind of nonsense I was talking about. It's like somebody taking over the Star Wars franchise and ...oh wait...

-Elwood Blues

Oerwinde, se that's the kind of nonsense I was talking about. It's like somebody taking over the Star Wars franchise and ...oh wait...

Clone Wars was cool. But there really wasn't much precedent for animated Star Wars. The CG version looks like ass though.

They need to get the guys who were behind the recent He-Man remake. That was awesome.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Clone Wars was cool.

Fair enough, but the Samurai Jack/Clone Wars animation style is pure ass, and hardly befitting for something like Transformers. No sense of proportion whatsoever. It's less visceral than Chung-esque animation but in an ugly sort of way, and far less streamlined than the non-chibi anime style. Heck, it's even more blocky than the original Sunbow designs. This isn't a redesign, it's mutilation: Prime doesn't even look bad-ass, just pathetic. Can any sane individual watch a Transformers show that looks like that and take it seriously? Listen to Walsy, he's *KNOWS* about the moronic execs, man. He *KNOWS*.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Listen to Walsy, he's *KNOWS* about the moronic execs, man. He *KNOWS*.

Er... yes... *coughs nervously*

-Elwood Blues

Clone Wars was cool.

Fair enough, but the Samurai Jack/Clone Wars animation style is pure ass, and hardly befitting for something like Transformers. No sense of proportion whatsoever. It's less visceral than Chung-esque animation but in an ugly sort of way, and far less streamlined than the non-chibi anime style. Heck, it's even more blocky than the original Sunbow designs. This isn't a redesign, it's mutilation: Prime doesn't even look bad-ass, just pathetic. Can any sane individual watch a Transformers show that looks like that and take it seriously? Listen to Walsy, he's *KNOWS* about the moronic execs, man. He *KNOWS*.

I know it doesn't fit TF, I thought it did fit Star Wars though.

TF needs a more realistic style. I don't mind slightly stylized, but not the superstylized that is the trend in cartoons right now. The whole Dexters Lab, Fairly Odd Parents, Samurai Jack, etc. style is only good for so long. Needs more of an X-Men Evolution style.

Also, on another board someone asked how we would do a transformers series if we were in charge. This was my response:

I'd do it similar to the newer Ninja Turtles. Make it a tad darker than the original series, while updating the designs and such. An updated G1, designs based on the Classics line, although I would make Megatron a tank, with his classic grey/black coloring. I'd have it alternate between single self contained episodes, and longer multi-part arcs, all would be in chronological order so you would get more out of the story if you watched from the beginning, but you could watch a single episode without feeling left out.

It would start on Cybertron with the War Within designs, would start with a 5 parter detailing the beginning of the war, then advance and end with Prime becoming leader of the Autobots. First season would then deal mostly with the war on Cybertron, peaking with a multi-part season finale with Prime leading a team off world to establish a fallback base, Megatron pursuing, and both the Ark and Nemesis crashlanding on earth.

2nd season would deal with the Decepticons attempting to steal resources and such to repair the Nemesis and escape earth. In the meantime Prime divides his time between the construction of Autobot City within the Rockies, and foiling Megatron's attempts at securing resources for himself. The season would peak with Megatron re-establishing contact with Cybertron, as well as a search party of Autobots arriving to find Prime.

3rd season would start earlier than the end of season 2 with Shockwave's search for Megatron as well as him keeping the war going against the Autobot forces lead by Prowl, and Grimlock's commando brigade, the Dynobots. When contact is re-established with Megatron, Shockwave sends the Constructicons to Earth to aid in the Nemesis repairs. Season ends with Prime and Megatron returning to Cybertron, doing battle for the last time then seemingly being destroyed by the arrival of Unicron.

4th season would have Prowl and Starscream order a cease fire to deal with the threat of Unicron. Once the threat is dealt with all order breaks down with Grimlock and Prowl both commanding autobot factions, and Shockwave and Starscream commanding their own Decepticon factions, while others flock to the reluctant Jetfire as a neutral party trying to attain a peaceful end to the war considering the recent ceasefire between warring factions. I would end the season with Starscream's assassination by Shockwave, and him deciding with Megatron gone, there is no logical reason to continue the war, and making peace with Prowl's faction.

Season 5 would have the arrival of Galvatron, not crazy in this incarnation. He would quickly rise in the decepticon ranks and eventually convince Shockwave that he is a rebuilt Megatron. He is in fact a completely different character, but had idolized Megatron for ages and believed abandoning the war with the Autobots was a mistake. Throughout the series Bumblebee will be developed from the humble scout, and gradually become more and more of a commander. Eventually Galvatron wrests control of the Decepticon faction away from Shockwave and attacks the Autobots. During one of the battles, Bumblebee discovers the Matrix, and sensing his worth, reconfigures him into the new Prime. He then commands the Autobot forces against Galvatrons and defeats him in the season finale. Autobots defeat the decepticons with Bumblebee as the leader of all Cybertron.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Can any sane individual watch a Transformers show?

Fixed.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I may be going mad, but I really like Oerwinde's plan.

-Elwood Blues

Very good. I don't suppose deposing an executive board need be so very different to deposing a coorrupt banana republic government. How many mercs do you think we'll need?

Note to self: This time be sure to mine and monowire the airvents.

-Elwood Blues

Consider it done.

As for the mercs, I think we can oh so cunningly circumvent the need for them. All we have to do is introduce teh exec board to Hades as a byproduct example of what will occur if they don't do exactly as we say.

manthing2.jpg

I may be a bit slow and off-topic, but.. what the hell happened?

http://revproject.com/transformers/default.html

I don't recognize any one of them except Optimus Prime.

Numbers 2, 4, 5 and 6 just look the same to me. It's probably the silver - it's hard to spot shape or detail on a uniformly silver body.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Clone Wars was cool.

I know it doesn't fit TF, I thought it did fit Star Wars though.

TF needs a more realistic style. I don't mind slightly stylized, but not the superstylized that is the trend in cartoons right now. The whole Dexters Lab, Fairly Odd Parents, Samurai Jack, etc. style is only good for so long. Needs more of an X-Men Evolution style.

Also, on another board someone asked how we would do a transformers series if we were in charge. This was my response:

I'd do it similar to the newer Ninja Turtles. Make it a tad darker than the original series, while updating the designs and such. An updated G1, designs based on the Classics line, although I would make Megatron a tank, with his classic grey/black coloring. I'd have it alternate between single self contained episodes, and longer multi-part arcs, all would be in chronological order so you would get more out of the story if you watched from the beginning, but you could watch a single episode without feeling left out.

It would start on Cybertron with the War Within designs, would start with a 5 parter detailing the beginning of the war, then advance and end with Prime becoming leader of the Autobots. First season would then deal mostly with the war on Cybertron, peaking with a multi-part season finale with Prime leading a team off world to establish a fallback base, Megatron pursuing, and both the Ark and Nemesis crashlanding on earth.

2nd season would deal with the Decepticons attempting to steal resources and such to repair the Nemesis and escape earth. In the meantime Prime divides his time between the construction of Autobot City within the Rockies, and foiling Megatron's attempts at securing resources for himself. The season would peak with Megatron re-establishing contact with Cybertron, as well as a search party of Autobots arriving to find Prime.

3rd season would start earlier than the end of season 2 with Shockwave's search for Megatron as well as him keeping the war going against the Autobot forces lead by Prowl, and Grimlock's commando brigade, the Dynobots. When contact is re-established with Megatron, Shockwave sends the Constructicons to Earth to aid in the Nemesis repairs. Season ends with Prime and Megatron returning to Cybertron, doing battle for the last time then seemingly being destroyed by the arrival of Unicron.

4th season would have Prowl and Starscream order a cease fire to deal with the threat of Unicron. Once the threat is dealt with all order breaks down with Grimlock and Prowl both commanding autobot factions, and Shockwave and Starscream commanding their own Decepticon factions, while others flock to the reluctant Jetfire as a neutral party trying to attain a peaceful end to the war considering the recent ceasefire between warring factions. I would end the season with Starscream's assassination by Shockwave, and him deciding with Megatron gone, there is no logical reason to continue the war, and making peace with Prowl's faction.

Season 5 would have the arrival of Galvatron, not crazy in this incarnation. He would quickly rise in the decepticon ranks and eventually convince Shockwave that he is a rebuilt Megatron. He is in fact a completely different character, but had idolized Megatron for ages and believed abandoning the war with the Autobots was a mistake. Throughout the series Bumblebee will be developed from the humble scout, and gradually become more and more of a commander. Eventually Galvatron wrests control of the Decepticon faction away from Shockwave and attacks the Autobots. During one of the battles, Bumblebee discovers the Matrix, and sensing his worth, reconfigures him into the new Prime. He then commands the Autobot forces against Galvatrons and defeats him in the season finale. Autobots defeat the decepticons with Bumblebee as the leader of all Cybertron.

No Soundwave, no care. Just kidding, I like the ideas.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Michael Bay's transformer designs are awesome.

But they really, really don't look like the original.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, I have to agree with Enoch here. When I was like, seven, this kid brought over a Transformers video, and I just remember thinking, "This is weak."

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.