Transformers general

Oerwinde

Well... bought my tickets yesterday, and got there a half hour early for there to be only front row corner seats left. So I got a refund and bought tickets for the 10:30 show tomorrow. Selling out two unadvertised shows is a good sign that this will make a lot of money though.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Pistols%20at%20dawn.png

is%20Going%20to%20Bangkok.png

before%20lindsey%20lohan....png

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Saw the movie.

It was a pretty good action flick. I thought the representations on Prime and BB were pretty great. There were some references to the 80s cartoon and movie that made me smile.

I loved Prime's energon sword/axe and how he used it. Very efficient.

I wanted more interaction and character development for the the transformers. The Decepticons just seemed to be huge props, though Megatron was very menacing and evil. It felt like that little transformer (Frenzy?) got the most screentime out of all the Decepticons. It would have been cooler if Frenzy was Ravage or Laserbeak IMO.

The Autobots were done well. Of course Ironhide, Jazz and Ratchet could have used more development, but what was there was good. They all acted like what my hazy memory thought they would act like. The Spike Bumblebee relationship was good too. I remember Bumblebee having a closer relationship with the humans than other autobots....I think.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. The 2.5 hours or so really flew by.

I thought Jazz's death was too simple. No fight or anything just Megatron grabs him and rips him in half, thats it.

And they ****ed up the subtitles. Brawl is not supposed to be Devastator.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I remembered why I didn't like it when I was younger. The humans awere always these ineffectual creeps. We were totally reliant on the Autobots, and the autobots never took the trouble to help us defend ourselves.

If you think about it I believe it was only going to be a matter of time before Optimus lost an election and the autobots just upped and left, arguing it was a human problem. We'd be pretty stuffed then!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I thought Jazz's death was too simple. No fight or anything just Megatron grabs him and rips him in half, thats it.

There's nothing wrong with the subtitles. He's also Devastator in the movie novelization. They changed his name at the last second (to Brawl from the sound of it). But they couldn't get that into the film. Either way, he is Devastator.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

the movie had some pretty adult humor in it. Although I do wish they had made the fights less confusing (two masses of silver with many intracate parts don't make for good movie fights.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LfhvQAPujds&amp...ted&search=

Poor optimus.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There's nothing wrong with the subtitles. He's also Devastator in the movie novelization. They changed his name at the last second (to Brawl from the sound of it). But they couldn't get that into the film. Either way, he is Devastator.

They changed his name to brawl about 10 months ago. Or longer. When they announced what TFs were in the movie, his name was Brawl. When the movie opened in the UK and people asked the writers why he was Devastator, they said it was an editing problem and it would hopefully be fixed for the US release. It wasn't so it will likely be changed for the DVD. His toy is called Brawl as well.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

I was a bit disappointed with the Devastator line too. It seemed to preclude the Constructicons from emerging in any sequels. Hopefully its an error like Oerwinde pointed out and we'll see the REAL Devastator and the Dinobots (YAY!) crashing about in a sequel.

Wasn't Brawl one of the Combaticons?

They changed his name to brawl about 10 months ago. Or longer. When they announced what TFs were in the movie, his name was Brawl. When the movie opened in the UK and people asked the writers why he was Devastator, they said it was an editing problem and it would hopefully be fixed for the US release. It wasn't so it will likely be changed for the DVD. His toy is called Brawl as well.

Early versions had the police car as brawl.

I'm going to see if I can find anything to support what you're saying.

Edited by Tale

Early versions had the police car as brawl.

I'm going to see if I can find anything to support what you're saying.

http://boards.transformersmovie.com/showth...045&page=90

Read the posts by Roberto Orci. He was one of the writers, he talks about how the Brawl/Devastator thing was an error that just got missed in all the confusion before release.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I saw it yesterday. This is what i remember:

- Chevys

- Camaros

- Nokia

- Apple

- Mountain dew

- Xbox360

- PS2 and a dancemat

- Samsung

- Burger King

- F-22

- Predator

- Other military blablabla-equipment

- Silly hacker from highschool knowing the chinese "style" of hacking

- Hotwiring a 1930's radio with a computer to send morse-code

- Airforce 1 is wirelessly connected to every computer in the Pentagon, CIA, NSA and so on

- No Soundwave

- No Grimlock

Damn you Michael Bay, damn you to HELL.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

- Chevys

- Camaros

- Nokia

- Apple

- Mountain dew

- Xbox360

- PS2 and a dancemat

- Samsung

- Burger King

- F-22

- Predator

- Airforce 1 is wirelessly connected to every computer in the Pentagon, CIA, NSA and so on

- No Soundwave

- No Grimlock

Someting tells me you weren't going to like the movie regardless of what was done.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

- Chevys

- Camaros

- Nokia

- Apple

- Mountain dew

- Xbox360

- PS2 and a dancemat

- Samsung

- Burger King

- F-22

- Predator

- No Soundwave

- No Grimlock

Someting tells me you weren't going to like the movie regardless of what was done.

Easy, ditch the productplacement, the AWESUM references military equipment, stupid technology-errors + 50% human screentime and i would've liked it. And Paul Verhoeven should've directed it.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Paul Verhoeven? So basically, what you're saying is... you wanted more boobs.

Watch Starship Troopers. He knows on how to make a movie out of cheezy material. I don't expect someone like Ridley Scott or James Cameron to have done a better Transformers.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Starship Troopers also had a lot of boobs.

(If you haven't noticed by now, it was a joke...)

Seriously, though, Paul Verhoeven doing Transformers would have been awesome, but it would also never happen because I'm pretty sure its impossible for Paul Verhoeven to make a non R-rated movie.

Though Starship Troopers would NOT be the example I would have picked, because that movie doesn't ever know when to take itself seriously and when not to. NOT a sign of someone who knows what to do with cheesy material. Try RoboCop instead.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Starship Troopers also had a lot of boobs.

(If you haven't noticed by now, it was a joke...)

Seriously, though, Paul Verhoeven doing Transformers would have been awesome, but it would also never happen because I'm pretty sure its impossible for Paul Verhoeven to make a non R-rated movie.

Though Starship Troopers would NOT be the example I would have picked, because that movie doesn't ever know when to take itself seriously and when not to. NOT a sign of someone who knows what to do with cheesy material. Try RoboCop instead.

Sorry, sarcasm-detector wasn't working today. No worries, i just used Starship Troopers as an exaggerate example to get my point through :devil:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

- Chevys

- Camaros

- Nokia

- Apple

- Mountain dew

- Xbox360

- PS2 and a dancemat

- Samsung

- Burger King

- F-22

- Predator

- No Soundwave

- No Grimlock

Easy, ditch the productplacement, the AWESUM references military equipment, stupid technology-errors + 50% human screentime and i would've liked it. And Paul Verhoeven should've directed it.

Come, now. You were looking for things to complain about. Product placement in a huge summer blockbuster movie? Big effing deal. Did it make you feel you had to go out and buy any of those things? Doubtful.

And complaining about technology "errors" in a movie about giant transforming robots from space seems a bit nitpicky.

You wanted these things to distract you from liking the movie. Admit it.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I didn't notice Apple, PS2 (noticed the dancemat, but geesh, someone playing DDR? That NEVER happens), Samsung, or Burger King. I also don't understand why there'd be a complaint about military equipment being in the movie. Oh no, F-22s are in it!

She also never claimed to know the chinese "style" of hacking. She just knew whatever was going on was far more advanced than the chinese (or anyone else) was capable of.