What are you playing now?

Darque

Hey, that's FUN!

I got 5 million points before I quit. ;)

That's a sign of obsessive-compulsive. :*

Just installed Thief (the first one) and played the tutorial (yah! no need to read the manual ... except to get the keymapping) and then the first level. It must have worked, because now I can't think of anything else except the next level and getting through it ... whereas other games recently I've been almost forcing myself to keep playing.

Good game!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I recommend playing on Hard, Normal is for reviewers wihout time. And each difficulty gives new areas and quests, instead of harder enemies.

Take care though, Expert is really that - expert. I still can't get through all Dark Project levels on Expert. I can almost ghost Thief 2, but DP is something altogether different.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No no, lots of levels just open up more if you play on the harder difficulties. Your objectives on Normal don't take you to all places in the levels and on some, you can't even enter them until Expert(like the third mission, Down in the Bonehoard :mellow:). Just replay the game on Expert to get everything out of it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Right now I'm playing Neverwinter Nights 2. :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Also, on Expert you can not kill. Well, you can't kill humans. Different things on the other hand...

kirottu said:

Was there other enemies than those zombies and red devils? I got somewhere between level 5-10 before I quit. Addictive, but lack of diversity in enemies started to bore me.

Not unless I killed them before they popped up on screen. The Fully upgraded shotgun is deadly. Rapid fire, twice the spread and extra stopping power. :)

I didn't like the red devils.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Was there other enemies than those zombies and red devils? I got somewhere between level 5-10 before I quit. Addictive, but lack of diversity in enemies started to bore me.

Not unless I killed them before they popped up on screen. The Fully upgraded shotgun is deadly. Rapid fire, twice the spread and extra stopping power. :)

Those were the only two critter I saw too. Im a fan of the upgraded grenade that exploded out four more grenades. I'd run in circles getting them all bunched up in a pile and then toss those in like crazy.

What was the max kill bonus you guys were able to sustain? I hovered around 50.

Those were the only two critter I saw too. Im a fan of the upgraded grenade that exploded out four more grenades. I'd run in circles getting them all bunched up in a pile and then toss those in like crazy.

What was the max kill bonus you guys were able to sustain? I hovered around 50.

Once I hit 50 I never dropped below that mark. I managed to hit 70 as a high point. I had trouble holding it much higher because it started to gone down fast enough that in the short time between when the zombies stopped spawning for one level and began for the next, I'd be down by 15 or so.

Edited by Deraldin

Fighter/mage multi-class.

ooh nice, i always liked that combination

i prefer the Planar Sphere for my stronghold though

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Expert is really that - expert. I still can't get through all Dark Project levels on Expert.

Really? The last time I played TDP on expert I was surprised by just how damn easy it was. I even had to kill someone to make sure I was on expert. I figured I just played the game too damn much.

Heh, I just remembered my first experience with Thief. Knocking out a guard in Baffords and then throwing his body into the water to drown him because I was paranoid he'd wake up and come after me.

Now I'm getting the urge to replay them all...

It's the freakin Haunted Catherdral, you have to kill all the Haunts. I can't be arsed to do that.

kirottu said:

Heh, I just remembered my first experience with Thief. Knocking out a guard in Baffords and then throwing his body into the water to drown him because I was paranoid he'd wake up and come after me.

I did the very same thing. I ended up killing all the guards, because I didn't want them waking up on me. :)

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Kotor - I will finish it this time.

Baldur's Gate - Just arrived at Baldur's Gate, using the pre-generated Thief/Illusionist. Got Yeslick, Edwin, Viconia, and Kagain.

NWN - TORTURED HEARTS I

Ongoing franchises in NFL 2k5, Madden 07, and MVP 2005 on the PC still the best baseball game ever made.

Wish there more hours in the day....

Was replaying Majesty for a few of the quick/easy maps, the other day. Still love those silly monks and rogues.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts