What are you playing now?

Darque

I'm back to playing with the NWN2 toolset. After trying a couple popular modules on the vault, I came away extremely annoyed and I'm not satisfied being a passive whiner.

So, I decided to rename one of my characters. Oh dear god, the workload!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have Fallout Tactics, but I've never really put an effort in to beat it yet.

It's not that I dislike Tactics, I just wish it was more of a RPG like the first two. On the other hand though, I love the new combat additions, like crouching and the prone position. I also like the new weapon damage settings. Battles are generally more dangerous. I wish they would have remade the first two fallouts with the new tactics features.

Guitar Hero II

dah na na na na na na na ner ner ner ner ner ner nah dah dah dah dah dah dee doo doo doo doo dahhhhhh.

the shift manager at gamestop spent most of his time (while I was there) playing sweet child of mine on the demo we have loaded.

Probably one of the most addicting games evar.

EVAR.

What difficulty are you playing on, Krook?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I was playing Lost Planet, however Blockbuster called and said they really wanted their game back. SO i unfortunatly had to return it.

I've been having dreams of it since then.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

If only the maps in Silent Storm had been bigger.. It was so.. claustrophobic to play around in those tiny black boxes containing the minuscule maps.

The missions could do with some variety as well and the AI needed a tweaking. Sometimes calculating movements took too long even on those small, random maps. The Panzerkleins were also kinda shoveled into the story and the game.

Crimson Skies (Xbox version, which I think is the sequel to the older PC version) is awesome. This is filling my itch for a flight (arcade) game. The controls work surprisingly well with the gamepad. Assaulting giant zeppelins while dogfighting large number of smaller aircraft + orchestrated music = epic battles.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

If only the maps in Silent Storm had been bigger.. It was so.. claustrophobic to play around in those tiny black boxes containing the minuscule maps.

The missions could do with some variety as well and the AI needed a tweaking. Sometimes calculating movements took too long even on those small, random maps. The Panzerkleins were also kinda shoveled into the story and the game.

I never felt the maps were too similar. But I agree that it sometimes took a ridiculous amount of time just to calculate a soldier going from standing to squatting position (for example).

I'm one of the few people who didn't take offence to the Panzerkleins. Perhaps because I found this ridiculously overpowered plasma weapon just before I had any real contact with them? I could basically one-shot-kill them from across any map.

I'm still playing Fallout 2, but I think I have to start over. I forgot to patch the stupid game before starting the character I've been building for the last week (only up to level 11 or so, but still..). I've downloaded patch 1.02 (which seems to be the last official patch) and applied it. Anyone have any suggestions for other patches that need applying? I looked at some of the fan-made patches over at NMA, but that place stinks of their elitism and fanboi arrogance. Example from the changelog of one of their patches:

- Moved the worldmap location of Raider Base a bit;

Oh yeah, that really needed fixing, didn't it? I mean, of course a fanboi like you would know better than the developers where the Raider Base should be. Utterly ridiculous change! I don't want kind of crap in my game. But are there any serious BUGFIXING patches out there that I am missing?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You should download Child patch + U.S 1.02 patch if you haven't already instead of UK 1.02 (aren't all Nordic copies of game UK ones?). I haven't touched any others though

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Almost done putting together the first module of my campaign. All areas are roughed. I think I might start beta/play/QA testing soon. Who wants in?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Almost done putting together the first module of my campaign. All areas are roughed. I think I might start beta/play/QA testing soon. Who wants in?

I'm game.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm still playing Fallout 2, but I think I have to start over. I forgot to patch the stupid game before starting the character I've been building for the last week (only up to level 11 or so, but still..). I've downloaded patch 1.02 (which seems to be the last official patch) and applied it. Anyone have any suggestions for other patches that need applying?

Hmm, I just installed from the new White Label DVD ... I don't even know if I'm patched to 1.02. :sorcerer:

You should download Child patch + U.S 1.02 patch if you haven't already instead of UK 1.02 (aren't all Nordic copies of game UK ones?). I haven't touched any others though

Linkie? (Because I will have the UK nerfed version ... :| ... does this mean I need to restart, too? :shifty:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have Fallout Tactics, but I've never really put an effort in to beat it yet.

It's not that I dislike Tactics, I just wish it was more of a RPG like the first two.

well, the problem is, its not an RPG, its a tactical strategy game :teehee:

Don't try to turn a hawk into a frog, won't work

IB1OsQq.png

I'm playing Medieval Total War - I just won the most exilarating fight I've experienced in a game.. more than 2500 fiercely elite mongols were attacking Jerusalem - and my Grand Crusader General (and his ca. 1000 troops) was the only thing capable of stopping them .. I had over 400 Crossbowmen raining death down upon them while my pikemen/spearmen were ready to great them once they had battered down the gates..

Jerusalems walls were splattered red in blood that day. Luckily most of it was of the enemy.. but unfortunately for me, this was just the first wave - five more armies are moving down, since a Jihad was called. The desert will be flooded with the blood of thousands of holy warriors. :teehee:

Fortune favors the bald.

The desert will be flooded with the blood of thousands of holy warriors. :brows:

:teehee:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hmm, I just installed from the new White Label DVD ... I don't even know if I'm patched to 1.02. :)

Just look in the lower right corner of the main menu screen. If it doesn't say 1.02, then yeah, you're as screwed as I am. The game bugged out in the Ghost Farm for me.. It became unplayable as all exits stopped working. And to make matters worse, applying the patch meant having to start over. At least I could fix some of the stupid decisions I made when I created my former character.

Linkie? (Because I will have the UK nerfed version ... :| ... does this mean I need to restart, too? :ermm:)

Children's patch: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php...&file_id=78

US 1.02 patch: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php...&file_id=82

Fortunately, I didn't have to restart after introducing children to my game. I just followed the instructions and turned my UK version into a US and added a few children-shaped sprites.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm one of the few people who didn't take offence to the Panzerkleins. Perhaps because I found this ridiculously overpowered plasma weapon just before I had any real contact with them? I could basically one-shot-kill them from across any map.

I actually enjoyed the Panzerkleins, since I really dig settings which follow real events in history but then introduce some twist. But my first playthrough was with the Allies so when PKs finally appear in the story, it's so out of nowhere I was wondering if the game had accidentaly bypassed some level where they were meant to be properly introduced. At least the Axis side had more foreshadowing but even then it wasn't enough. I think that would be, storywise, Silent Storm's worst problem: the setting and premise are pretty good but the way it handles those unique elements is pretty haphazard.

Either way, PKs for the win!

I got tired of the first NWN, and the sequel was crying on the shelf to be played. So instead of finishing all the expansions of NWN1, I started NWN2.

Here is my verdict. The graphics for NWN2 are much better, I don't know where I heard it, but I think someone said they weren't as good. Well that person would be wrong.

The 3d avatars are good in my opinion because they match the character you make, as opposed to NWN1, where you could have a big black dude as your avatar, but play as a small little white guy in the game. I like that you can be anyone in your party, but I dislike having less inventory spots. I think I like the four-person party, but I'm still early on in the game.

I dislike the lack of the radial menu. The radial menu was good because it only took a few seconds to access the options for almost anything you wanted in-game to control your characters. For example, in NWN2, when I am curious about an enemy, I can't right click on them and think about what I want to do to them or find out about them. This isn't too bad, since there are hotkeys and side-menus, but I've gotten so used to the radial menu, it hurts to have it ripped away. I'll get over it, I hope.

I love the character creation aspect of this game. It is deep enough in customization and the new races and sub-races are fun. I like the feel of the game, as opposed to NWN1. The areas in NWN1 seemed more blocky and there was no roof to the ceilings when you would zoom down to your character. The colours seem richer to me.

If I had a better rig, this game would be good for graphics, but I have to dumb it down to play. I'm rather an eye-candy guy when it comes to games, but NWN2 suffices.

When I first started the game, this dude started talking, and he sounded like he had eaten a bottle of anti-freeze and was dying. Seriously, it was a bad voice-over. I came away asking, "Do all elves sound like they are trying to talk with fecal matter spraying out of their mouths?" The other voices have been pretty decent, but to start a game off that way seems in bad form. "SooOoO manny yeeeers ago...."

That brings me to the PC's voices. I think there should have been all new ones, since the way it is makes NWN2 feel a little like it's just NWN1.5. Of course, the rest of the game picks up the slack, but that was also bad form. I know it's money-wise to reuse those resources, but people have been around them for so long, and frankly most of them sucked to begin with. I get more comical relief out of them than anything else, and it disappoints me that when I want to have a serious game session I have to laugh at it because of how lame it is (if I don't laugh, I get depressed that it sucks, so it's kind of like the annoying friend that is funny but you don't want to laugh at him because you are trying to get your homework done, but he won't stop doing stuff, and to make him think you are still his friend, you have to do the fake laugh and look at him and acknowledge him until he stops his actions temporarily, but he'll repeat them soon enough).

It also disappoints me that in CRPG's there aren't always options for just being sarcastic. I want to play a character that is always sarcastic. Not necessarily mean, but someone that makes fun of everything because everything usually deserves to be made fun of. Like, the elf in the beginning. I'd say something like, "Your voice sounds sweet." Of course, it takes insight into how people will think of something (I'm pretty sure they thought they had a winner with that horrible voice), but I have confidence that a company like Obsidian could do this. Unless it would be too much work... but it seems like if they keep with the written dialogue system, the response could be treated as a neutral one, and it wouldn't be too hard to add it in. Whatevs, NWN2 is fine for dialogue, I just think this would be a good addition.

I wonder if what Mass Effect is doing, voicing over even the PC's dialogue, will become popular with CRPG's. We'll see in the future.

I'm not far enough into the story to tell you how good I think it is, but NWN1's OC was absolutely terrible. I did recently play it, so my opinion is fresh. The expansions were also lackluster.

Oblivion really takes the cake right now when it comes to RPG's. I realize that I actually like the story, and it isn't too different from a CRPG. I got an expansion for it called something like "Pirate's Cove" and it was small but I thought it was really good. Story-wise, it simply had a guy's journal you could read after you find it in the cave, but the story inside was really good. It added meaning to the place and I felt like I was a spelunker. In no part of NWN1 did I ever feel like a spelunker, even though I was in a freakin cave for what felt like 3/4 of my PC's existence.

I might say more later, thanks for reading if you did.