What are you playing now?

Darque

Zork! Apparently it is free now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nick and me will be starting a new campaign in NWN2 in coop mode.

Armed Assault's singleplayer has been pretty lackluster, but tomorrow there'll be an opportunity to test the waters of full-fledged coop mode with a good group of people emphasizing proper tactical teamplay. Hopefully, that won't disappoint.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I haven't played OFP (burn the heretic etc I no lol), but reading on other people's impressions, it's a fair step down from OFP's. The biggest dealbreaker though is the lack of coop through the campaign.

I might just have to pick up OFP at some point for some coop.

Hadescopy.jpg

Well, to be fair, I haven't played much of it. The whole point of getting the game for me was the coop anyway.

The first mission was decent enough, but didn't actually involve any combat. After that, the story diverges into 3 possible missions. One is the main one where it's a big battlefield where two large masses of dudes shoot at each other. One of the optional mission was basically sniping some convoy. The other was sneaking in and blowing up some tanks.

Playing by yourself, it just isn't, well, fun to sneak into an enemy camp at night to blow up some tanks that's being guarded by 5-10 enemies, with more reinforcements on the way in a few minutes. You shot one guy, you hide and sneak around some more, then shot another, then rinse and repeat. Or one of them kills you in one shot from far away. Yeah yeah realism blah blah. But 'realism' in and of itself is pretty moot when you're not dealing with realistic teammates and tactics. The AI is decent, I guess, but I wouldn't actually call it *good*. If I were doing the same missions in coop, I'd be having fun, but I don't find the gameplay conducive to singleplayer *at all*. But then, I'm like the biggest coop proponent ever, so take that as you will.

Hadescopy.jpg

Homeworld 2

So far, I'm into mission 3. I have absolutely no idea on any kind of space tactics, but I did have the sense to try and research everything before moving on in the two first missions.

I've heard this is one of the hardest strategy games to ever grace the market. Could get tricky. Anyone have any tricks or preferably tactics?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Just finished a NWN2 coop session with Nick (just got Khelgar). Him as a priest and me as warlock. It was actually pretty fun, but the main thing it made me want was for the bloody game to be turn-based. Oh well.

Hadescopy.jpg

Just finished a NWN2 coop session with Nick (just got Khelgar). Him as a priest and me as warlock. It was actually pretty fun, but the main thing it made me want was for the bloody game to be turn-based. Oh well.

rabble rabble u need 2 let go of teh past rabble rabble

Aside a good amount of bug fixing and optimization, that's the one thing I always found lacking in Temple of Elemental Evil.

Playing Final Fantasy 12.

I am enjoying myself immensely. No random battles are good!

The one thing I don't get is the quickenings. (12's version of limit breaks) I mean I understand the mechanics of it, but they don't seem to make sense. In previous FF games I've played, the uber moves were somehow related to the character. The sword using guy did thousands of slashes, the martial arts guy/gal did crazy kicks and punches, gun guy blasted away.

In FF12 I thought Vaan would be doing something weapon related, instead he throws tornadoes and stuff, which I thought weird since many male protagonists in FF seemed to wield swords.

I guess they made it that way since you can unlock whatever abilities you want to on the license board.

Can't wait to leave the damn office and get back to my game.

Working on a saturday... :o

Now installing Tomb Raider Legend. It was only $20.

Also purchased the Christopher Eccleston season of Doctor Who, but that's not really what this thread is interested in, is it?

Two weeks until the next episode. grrrrrrrrr

Edited by Tale

But Finland is hosting the Eurovision next week ..!

Do I caaaare? Doctor Who > Eurovision

What is Eurovision? Is it anything Doctor Who related?

There are some pretty weird monsters ...

So it's a European reality show?

Pretty much. It's rather a European version of American Idol (albeit somewhat more politicized due to nationalism), in which each member nation of the European Broadcasting Union writes and performs a song live and proceeds to vote upon them to decide the 'best.'

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

And Doctor Who is being put on hold for a week for that? :o

I don't know what you're upset about, I missed the Pigmen and Daleks last week.

The next episode features the return of Captain Jack Harkness!

Homeworld 2

So far, I'm into mission 3. I have absolutely no idea on any kind of space tactics, but I did have the sense to try and research everything before moving on in the two first missions.

I've heard this is one of the hardest strategy games to ever grace the market. Could get tricky. Anyone have any tricks or preferably tactics?

It's difficult, The third mission is where you regroup with a shipyard no? If so, your going to be attacked from everywhere. Because of the way the "adaptive ai" works at the end of every mission decomission everything you can (all your fighters and such). The way the adaptation takes place is the computer will analyze your fleet makeup and how many creds you have and build a force more powerful then you and that can counter yours. (so if you have 100 battlecruisers then it'll send 1000 squadrons of Interseptors. I kid you not, I've done that before).

Another cheap trick is to go into the .lua's and copy the stats of one ship a skillion times so that the entire line of stats is repeated. This'll allow you to have some significantly epic battles (like the battlecrusiers vs the interceptors above) and break the population cap.

If your really having trouble start to duplicate the dreadnaught, that sucker murders fighters and does no small portion to cap ships and the ai has no clue what to counter it with.

Playing Final Fantasy 12.

I am enjoying myself immensely. No random battles are good!

The one thing I don't get is the quickenings. (12's version of limit breaks) I mean I understand the mechanics of it, but they don't seem to make sense. In previous FF games I've played, the uber moves were somehow related to the character. The sword using guy did thousands of slashes, the martial arts guy/gal did crazy kicks and punches, gun guy blasted away.

In FF12 I thought Vaan would be doing something weapon related, instead he throws tornadoes and stuff, which I thought weird since many male protagonists in FF seemed to wield swords.

I guess they made it that way since you can unlock whatever abilities you want to on the license board.

Can't wait to leave the damn office and get back to my game.

Working on a saturday... :o

The way that the quickenings work is that the same quickenings can be bought by everyone, it's just only one person can have each quickening.

and to be on topic, I'm about to start a game of FEAR and Supreme commander (just finished building my new system, 2.8 gig duel core with 4 gigs of ram... only thing holding me back is my graphics card (a gtx 7600)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.