What are you playing now?

Darque

Fallout 2

i have newfound respect for Sulik

i've given him a super sledge and some power armour

random encounter vs Enclave chums - sulik runs straight up to the closest dude and smacks him all the way across the screen for like 400 damage :down:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Fallout 2

random encounter vs Enclave chums - sulik runs straight up to the closest dude and smacks him all the way across the screen for like 400 damage ;)

Critical hits when you need them the most, come in handy when they do. Too bad Marcus can't wear armor, otherwise he would be a good fighter against the Enclave.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

oooh i've been playing a bit of Medieval 2 Total War lately

i love the Genoese Crossbow Militia that the Milanese get. i completely annihilated a Sicilian army with like 3 units of them

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

NWN 2, someone know if you can control the time in the game? It seems like its night too much of the time.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Fallout 2

random encounter vs Enclave chums - sulik runs straight up to the closest dude and smacks him all the way across the screen for like 400 damage :aiee:

Yay Sulik! :aiee:

You can see what he did to an enemy in my screenshot.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

NWN 2, someone know if you can control the time in the game? It seems like its night too much of the time.

No idea how, but I agree it definitely feels like it's always dawn, night or dusk in the game.

I guess thats why they call it Neverwinter Nights 2 :aiee:

Still playing X-Com 3. Finally got personal disruptor shields for my troopers. My medical bills dropped like a rock and I now only need half the amount of men in my roster (since 2/3 of them no longer hang around being seriously injured).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oblivion. I've been going to the shrines and I've done all the quests for them except i one. The one where you need the black soul gem to give to the deadre god. I can't seemto create a black soul gem. I wait till the purple light shines down on the tome. I put a grandsoul gem in it and them i do a soul trap spell and nothing!

What am i doing wrong?

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Funny you should mention that, TEETH. I keep noticing a character running around World of Warcraft named WITHTEETH. I thought maybe it was you.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Funny you should mention that, TEETH. I keep noticing a character running around World of Warcraft named WITHTEETH. I thought maybe it was you.

Not me, but the guy obviously has taste!

I found out that i have to stand on the other side of the alter/tome to make a black sould gem, LAME! :)

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I've recently restarted playing Arcanum again. I must say it's much easier to get into after a few weeks of playing Fallout 2. Last time I think I had played Gothic 2 right before trying to play Arcanum.. that didn't quite work out.

I'm trying to concentrate on building a sharpshooting gun-wielding lockpicking.. nothing. This game annoys me. When you start the game you have (I think) something like 8 attributes to spend points on, 8 disciplines of technology, lots and lots of spells, lots and lots of skills. That means you have lots and lots of options to build a really unique and interesting character. Except the game gives you 5 points to spend, divided on ALL of those variables! GEE, THANKS! Since combat is pretty important in most games, I spent two points on perception (needed for guns) and two points on my guns. That left me with ONE point for all the rest of the interesting spells/skills/attributes/disciplines.. "OK, never mind, I'll spend the five points I get the next level more wisely", I thought to myself. Except.. you get ONE ****ing point to spend each level!!

I guess my smooth-talking, sharpshooting, self-healing, lockpicking ladies man is totally out of the question. I don't understand why they did the character development system like this. It feels like I'm missing 80% of the game because I always lack the skill to do this, lack the attribute to do that or lack the spell to do squat.

Oh, did I mention that spending that one point of bliss does absolutely jack ****? I added another point to my gun skills last night (I have 3 out of 5).. And I still have only a 67% chance of hitting someone in broad daylight.. from standing as close to my enemy as is possible in the game! Imagine if there's a distance or darkness around. :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You get two points every fifth level. Arcanums system was incredibly frustrating at first, but once I got used to it I kinda liked it. You get enough points through the game to be able to diversify, it just takes a while. All in all, you'll have 64 points to spend throughout the game (it goes to level 50 right? or is it 40?) so it kinda works out.

It's just that ranged weapons suck in that game.

(edit: except thrown weapons. there is a throwing weapon with good damage and attack speed that returns to your hand, that one is really good. but that's because it behaves more like a melee weapon that has the option of attacking at range.)

Edited by Spider

Yeah, I've noticed. I can't shoot them in the legs to cripple them, so it takes whatever I am fighting at the moment exactly ONE battle round to run up to me and hit me in the face with a sledgehammer. There's no penalty for running huge distances in this game so the range becomes worthless. Unless I'll be able to one-shot-kill enemies later in the game?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've recently restarted playing Arcanum again. I must say it's much easier to get into after a few weeks of playing Fallout 2. Last time I think I had played Gothic 2 right before trying to play Arcanum.. that didn't quite work out.

I find it hard going from a 3D game down to a 2D game. I may give Arcanum another try after my game of Fallout 2.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Stayed up late last night to finish Dreamfall (14 hour game session). The dream philosophy was a little much. While the balance between worlds made sense in Longest Journey, the whole dream thing in Dreamfall seems more inspired by The Matrix. The hallucinogenic drug is even called "MORPHEUS". Regardless, it was fun meeting characters from the original game and playing the game through the eyes of various characters.

Combat was either very difficult or ridiculously easy; I found that forcing the target up against a wall or obstacle effectively disabled their AI, thus allowing me to pummel them at my leisure. I don't mind this becuase I'm lousy at coordinated fighting. Thankfully the game let me avoid it on many occasions.

Edited by Wistrik

Unless I'll be able to one-shot-kill enemies later in the game?

Unless there are firearms that are vastly better than other ranged weapons, I doubt it. You will probably be able to kill some opponents in one turn though. And well, if you run into weaker opponents you can one shot of course. But not the ones that actually matter.

Arcanum is awesome. So are techies, guns, and it's characetr system. Stop making stuff. Awesome,a wesome game!

Anyways, currently, I'm playing MVP 2005 (on my 10th season), and NBA 2K7. Good stuff. Though, too easy too steal and score in the NBA game.

Can't play any PC games since my computer is in need of repairs.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.