What are you playing now?

Darque

I'm playing Galactic Civilization II Dark Avatar.

So, I'm playing as Krynn Consolate and I'm at war with the Yor. I'm doing well, even though the Yor won't admit it. All of a sudden super space piirates show up and just start wiping out every ship and station on the map. The computer doesn't like this and we go from having 7 major races to 3 in a few rounds. At which point the space Canadians show up and take countless worlds in a single round without firing a shot, including 16 of my worlds, plus all the technology the major races have yet developed.

Son... of... a...

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Space Canadians? :o

I'm playing Jade Empire right now. Decent enough game but the camera is really starting to piss me off. I've lost count of the number of times I've died because of it. You dodge one way and the camera is still in it's original position. You dodge again because you landed next to some guy with a sword intent on skewering you, but because the camera angle isn't showing what your character is you dodge the wrong way and get trapped along a wall.

Also the controls in the Pit of Pain challenge are really ****ing annoying. Fixed perspective and character movement is mapped to the current facing. Pushing up makes you go forward, which could be up, or it could be down, or anything to either side. This challenge would be so much easier if pushing up made your character actually go up on the screen! On top of all that there are blind spots in the arena where you can't see your character. "Why the hell am I not moving back where I can see myself? Oh, I was facing the wall? How the hell was I supposed to know that?! I CAN'T SEE MY DAMN CHARACTER!"

Whoever came up with this control scheme should be thrown in the basement so they can't suggest any more stupid ideas. :wub:

Edited by Deraldin

Space Canadians? :wub:

Canadian flag for the racial emblem and the leader has a french name. Who else could they be?

Canadian flag for the racial emblem and the leader has a french name. Who else could they be?

Heh. What's the name of the empire and while you're at it, how about the leader's name as well? I knew there was a Canadian flag emblem, but I've never seen anything use it except my own custom race. :wub:"

Heh. What's the name of the empire and while you're at it, how about the leader's name as well? I knew there was a Canadian flag emblem, but I've never seen anything use it except my own custom race. :wub:"

I'll check. I'm having difficulty finding the will to get back in because the game is crashing every few turns. They're a minor race and appear to be event related.

The Jagged Knife

Jhorge d Fier (okay, not exactly a French name)

Description has them as cutthroats and assassins.

I'm pissed. The game is still crashing every few turns after a reboot. It did this last time I played it a while back. It waits until late game right before I can beat it. I was hoping the update that fixed minor races causing crashes would fix this, but nope.

Edited by Tale

There's a Gold Edition, which has both.

X-Com 3 Apocalypse :wub:

The guy(s) who wrote Dosbox deserves an award...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Still playing Puzzle Quest. Unfortunately, PSP version has two major bugs. I would be pretty surprised if PSP got a flawless software anyway.

The first one is the infamous companion bug. Companions are useless on the PSP version since they have no effect whatsoever. The second one is about spells. I can't use my 40+ level spells, because when I try to add them to my spell list, PSP freezes.

centinexx.png

My Gears of War is unreadable. =(

If that's not a sign to rock out on Guitar Hero 2 instead, I don't know what is, Krookie.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Been playing Gears of War. I swear that this is the best looking 360 game because every other game on it looks like it has blurry textures when it's stretched out on my 60" plasma, but this game's textures and bump-mapping are so detailed, that when stretched out the game still looks perfect.

I'm playing NWN2.. Which I haven't been able to play until now - it kinda feels like KOTOR2 in D&D clothing so far (which is fine).

That's what I thought when I first fired it up. The character body models, and the way they stand, or something.

Edit: And Titan Quest was in the bargain bin (tho I also bought the expansion for more...), so what the heck. I'm trying it. A lot better than the demo led me to think it would be. Fun Diablo clone.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm playing through the Carentan scenario for Combat Mission - Beyond Overlord. 8 or 9 battles x 20 turns each. That map is huuuuuge. Gee, I guess I must have been watching Band of Brothers.

Otherwise, Ninja Gaiden Black mission mode, Crimson Skies, and hopefully Panzer Dragoon Orta will come today (but possibly next week). Phoenix Wright 2 and Tales of Phantasia on the portable side.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Well I played a fair amount of Oblivion (with the latest OOO) today. I recently reinstalled it just to see how it looked on my new machine, but OOO makes playing it actually kinda satisfying. Sure, the characters, dialogue, story, etc., still suck, but the rethinking of the level scaling system and the more hand-placed enemies and loot make building your character rewarding and fun.

But Oblivion is probably going to go on the shelf for a little while-- I'm currently downloading the much-anticipated 1.2 patch for Medieval 2: Total War. It's 613MB!! :brows: So that pretty much sews up my weekend.

• Like 1

I'm playing NWN2.. Which I haven't been able to play until now - it kinda feels like KOTOR2 in D&D clothing so far (which is fine).

That's what I thought when I first fired it up. The character body models, and the way they stand, or something.

The first time I saw the NWN2 gameplay vids I noticed that hand to hand combat is exactly the same as it was in KOTOR2.

Playing Kingdom of Loathing, as a feared Disco Bandit.