Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Yeah, I think Batman Begins suffered from competition with Superman Returns and perhaps the old stigma of the numerous bad versions in the 90's. Still, Spiderman 1 and 2 are solid flicks, and the whole Doc Oc surgery scene in 2 is a must see for any Evil Dead fans.

I thought the whole of Spiderman 2 was a must see for any Evil Dead fans. The way it was directed, especially in the scenes with screaming women, was awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

batman begins?

i saw like the first 30 mins or so. seemed like they were trying to turn batman into a ninja...

The Dark Knight was always a ninja. A ninja detective!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

batman begins?

i saw like the first 30 mins or so. seemed like they were trying to turn batman into a ninja...

The Dark Knight was always a ninja. A ninja detective!

could explain why i never really liked Batman

i'm more of a pirate man myself :aiee:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Spiderman 3

Aside from the strutting scene and the constant crying I thought it was very entertaining.

I liked the pacing and story a whole lot more than #2, which was a complete bore.

From the spoilers I thought the Eddie Brock in the church scene was the last of the film so I was pleasantly surprised about what came after that.

Spidey 1 = :aiee::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Spidey 2 = :thumbsup:

Spidey 3 = :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"Not when Batman Begins, which is a FAR superior superhero film"

Nah. BR is an okay movie; but way overrated. It's not even top 10 material.

SM1 was a great movie. SM2 was watchable; but overrated. The writing outside the villain was not so good. haven't seen SM3 since I avoid theatres like the plague they are.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The problem with SM3 is that they try to put to many villains in the movie in one go. They should have made harry Osburn/Green Goblin as the main with Sandman being secondary with hints to Venom for the fourth movie and have Venom be the only villain for the Fourth, but Sony wanted Venom in the third movie no matter what and it seemed they started to micromanage the film which in my opinion why it wasn't as good as the previous SM. I still liked it more than the first one but it overall lacked the substance of what makes a good superhero movie.

Batman Begins was a kickarse superhero movie and stayed very true to the Batman mythos.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I watched Pan's Labyrinth last night. Very good movie.

I rewatched Pitch Black again last night. Decent sci fi. Don't ask me what the hell happened with sequel, however.

I remember when we rented that, thinking "bad sci-fi movie, what the heck, we'll try it" and came away thinking "not bad at all!"

Then the sequel ... so disappointing.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I rewatched Pitch Black again last night. Decent sci fi. Don't ask me what the hell happened with sequel, however.

I remember when we rented that, thinking "bad sci-fi movie, what the heck, we'll try it" and came away thinking "not bad at all!"

Then the sequel ... so disappointing.

I watched the Chronicles Of Riddick this morning. It's not exactly tripe or anything like that, but some of these Hollywood people need to learn that less is more.

Also, I had the pleasure of watching Pan's Labyrinth . Man, that Captain was a real bastard. The scene with the wine bottle made me cringe.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I just watched the Robocop trilogy. The Director's Cut of the first film has extra long shots of the gory demise of the characters by incredibly large calibre weapons (ED209!).

The second film took the franchise into the "monster movie" realm, because the two robocops fight in cityscape-destroying scenes of epic proportions, which manages to work only because of the large budget for special effects and a reasonable narrative / script (though it is nowhere near as good as the first). Also the female villain is excellent and novel.

The third, however, branches off into dire scripting, acting and plot, and the plasticky, gimmicky props do nothing to maintain the already too-tenuous-to-succeed suspension of disbelief.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just watched the Robocop trilogy. The Director's Cut of the first film has extra long shots of the gory demise of the characters by incredibly large calibre weapons (ED209!).

The second film took the franchise into the "monster movie" realm, because the two robocops fight in cityscape-destroying scenes of epic proportions, which manages to work only because of the large budget for special effects and a reasonable narrative / script (though it is nowhere near as good as the first). Also the female villain is excellent and novel.

The third, however, branches off into dire scripting, acting and plot, and the plasticky, gimmicky props do nothing to maintain the already too-tenuous-to-succeed suspension of disbelief.

The 3rd I believe was rated PG-13, and didn't have Peter Weller as well.

Anyway, I just watched A Scanner Darkly and Bon Cop Bad Cop. A Scanner Darkly was ok, but the more I see of Robert Downey Jr, the more I love him.

Bon Cop Bad Cop was excellent. Its about a serial killer targeting members of the hockey community who are americanizing hockey. Its very tongue in cheek. I especially liked the joke about the guy drafted by quebec but never playing there, and when informed he might be a target of the killer, he passes out and gets a concussion.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've been watching a good number of movies lately.

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Pan's Labyrinth

Dawn of the Dead

The Departed

Now Playing Thank You for Smoking

Coming Soon The Good Shepherd

I've enjoyed them all (so far). The Departed was so good I think I should buy it (I only rented it).

The 3rd I believe was rated PG-13, and didn't have Peter Weller as well.

Yep, yep. Though I am not concerned with the lack of gore, the lack of adult themes (e.g. grand auto-theft criminal being executed in the first 30 seconds of the second film), did mean the film suffered. I understand they were obviously broadening the market (probably to introduce the tv series), but even little things like his computer interface spike (in his right knuckles) is a different, cheap plastic design, for example, and the addition of a flying suit add-on (and a heart? WTF?) didn't help.

Funnily enough, the new actor looks pretty similar with his helmet off (maybe they gave him a prosthetic Weller face ..?) but you can tell he's different WITH the helmet on, because his teeth noticeably are ... :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yep, yep. Though I am not concerned with the lack of gore, the lack of adult themes (e.g. grand auto-theft criminal being executed in the first 30 seconds of the second film), did mean the film suffered. I understand they were obviously broadening the market (probably to introduce the tv series), but even little things like his computer interface spike (in his right knuckles) is a different, cheap plastic design, for example, and the addition of a flying suit add-on (and a heart? WTF?) didn't help.

Funnily enough, the new actor looks pretty similar with his helmet off (maybe they gave him a prosthetic Weller face ..?) but you can tell he's different WITH the helmet on, because his teeth noticeably are ... :D

The 3rd film was a toy commercial. They started making Robocop toys at that point and it didn't make sense to sell toys for an R rated movie I spose.

I heard a remake was being tossed around, and the geek in me both hates and loves that idea. I think Robo could really benefit from todays effects, and I think some aspects of his design need a redesign. His look is perfect, but his mobility needs a lot of work. Though I guess his lack of speed and agility is part of his charm. If they do remake it, I hope they plan it as a trilogy, that way if its successful each movie isn't so drastically different.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

i watched children of men the other night. first movie that the dish guide (essentially tv guide) gave 4 stars to in a loooong time. pretty much anything since 1960 or so gets a 3/3.5 star at best.

was it worth 4 stars? acting was outstanding, story was great but could have been executed better. very intense in some parts, slow in others. somewhat of a confusing plot line that left me hanging at the end. this is one that another hour or so of storytelling would not have hurt. i would have stuck around for it. worth the rent, and better than most of the crap that hits the screen. definite thumbs up.

taks

comrade taks... just because.