What are you playing now?

Darque

You can use original music with Tutu.

You can also use original UI and original loading screens.

The only thing you would miss out on by not playing the original first is those little quirkinesses or exploits that come with every particular engine or production. TBH, there aren't that many that Tutu destroys, if you enable things like unlimited summoning and ranged damage rebalance (and walking speed).

Edited by Tigranes

I moved the original music over, so I've got that goin on. I tried it vanilla first, just to see what it looked like. Didn't like the stone interface, either.

If the story and gameplay are the same, I don't see why I should spend 40 hours playing a non-improved version of the game. So far, I can't really tell which banters are BIO-made and which are added by the modders - and that's the thing that worried me the most when I started my playthrough.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I moved the original music over, so I've got that goin on. I tried it vanilla first, just to see what it looked like. Didn't like the stone interface, either.

If the story and gameplay are the same, I don't see why I should spend 40 hours playing a non-improved version of the game. So far, I can't really tell which banters are BIO-made and which are added by the modders - and that's the thing that worried me the most when I started my playthrough.

It's really easy to tell which banters were added by modders.

Step One: If they banter, then it was added by a modder. :-"

I don't recall anything in the way of inter-party banter. I think I recall a couple occasions where they might have said some things as part of a conversation between the PC and an out of party NPC. :ermm:

My QB is now a franchise QB, with a ranking of 96. As a rookie he was able to have the cinderella season of all cinderella seasons, and lead his team to a Super Bowl championship upsetting the Pittsburgh Steelers in a fantastic game.

His Redskins got off to a slow start the next season, though my QB is having a much better season. His TD:Int ratio is significantly better, and he has a QB rating of 125 right now (next closest is Manning with 110, and third place has like 95). He had one game where he through for 6 TDs and over 450 yards.

However, we lost some good players in the off season. Fauria was an excellent TE, and rookie Steve Hayden is struggling in his place. He has been dropping more passes than Fauria did. Moss and Randel El are both playing fantastic though. They have fantastic physical abilities and are able to consistently get open. As a result, my QB has a pass completion percent of 70% and an average of 12 yard per catch.

Despite losing the first two games though, we have bounced back with 6 straight and hope to secure a playoff spot in the next couple of weeks.

i'm playing "how the heck do I fix my mouse" along with dark crusade.

The mouse problem is annoying... when I hit the button once it seems to detect a double click. Only started two days ago.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Been a while since last playthrough with game.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Baldur's Gate... for the first time. Got my shiny new copy a day or two ago, and installed it with Tutu and the NPC banter pack.

My first thought? "Damn, that's a big box." Welcome back to 1998.

So far, I actually like the low-level adventuring (as opposed to BG2). I don't have to worry about dispelling this spell and that spell, I can just skewer 'em with arrows! ;))

Those are good mods for BG1, you should have played it without to see how the game is without them. Mods or not it's a great game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Has anyone played the single player demo or Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? its awesome, if a little hard to adjust to the difficult fighting system (a first-person RPG built with the SOURCE engine) Looks great and has alot of potential, just lettign y'all know so you can check it out from my recommendation, but if like, you dont like it and think it sucks then blame it and the guy above me cause he told me it was good

(oh.. man i'm so sneaky :ph34r: )

Yes, the demo for Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is, indeed, awesome.

I'm playing Rome and Civ4 almost at the same time.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, actually Civ sucked four hours of my day. I don't have any bread for tomorrow's breakfast because of it. I really should uninstall it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Dark Messiah demo was awesome. Especially the staff and the lightning spell(bzzzzaaaaarghhhh!!!!*air distortion effect*).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

DMoMM has its NA release date on October 24th. Looks like it might be interesting SP but the MP appears to be a real generic addon. Somewhere I read 12 hours of gameplay, which would seem a bit light. Not going to take that as gospel though.

I will be waiting for reviews before I buy it.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

MVP Baseball '05(XBOX) - BEST GAME EVER

World of Warcraft - cancelling at the end of this month for GOOD!

Trauma Center(DS) - decided to bypass medical school and get this.

New Super Mario Bros(DS) - 2D platforming goodness!

Edited by Setzer

I made the playoffs for the second consecutive year, once again going 14-2-0.

Unfortunately for Dallas, we played them in the last game of the season and Drew Bledsoe was hurt for 4 weeks. THat's gotta suck going into the first week of the playoffs.

I also broke Peyton Manning's TD record of 49 by one, getting the elusive 50. It wasn't really supposed to happen, but after Bledsoe got hurt, some people were taking liberties with Santana Moss, and he ended up missing a bit of the game. Feeling it was retribution for the Bledsoe injury, my QB felt it prudent to try to embarass the Cowboys for their final game. He was much more aggressive in the passing department, which resulted in 2 INT and more incompletions, and he got his lowest QB rating of 102.

He fell 200 yards short of his NFL record 5200 pass season, getting a shade below 5000. While he did have a 500 yard game once last season, he was just steady and consistent this season, typically getting 300-350 yards a game.

He has also been named MVP for the second consecutive year. Though mad props has to be given to Moss, Lloyd, Randel El, and rookie TE Steve Hayden (who finally learned how to catch a football by midseason), for making some impressive catches.

And Clinton Portis....what a machine! He's been solid, rushing for over 100 yards in all but the last game. He's also a solid contributor to the passing game, typically getting 1-5 yard sideline passes, and turning them into 20+ yard gains. And third year FB Cooley is also playing awesome.

The Redskins have an excellent team, and they are a force to be reckoned with. Soon we will start the playoffs, and I'm hoping for some big success there again. The real fun should start next season though, as my QB will undoubtedly want a raise from the 1.8 million rookie contract he has had so far. Though he's enjoyed Washington and would like to remain with the team. Given his franchise QB status, I'm sure they wouldn't mind him back either.

I finally managed to get past that level on Hard in Fire Emblem! I hadn't been using Seth, because I didn't want him sucking up XP that other characters could use a lot more.

I sent Seth up north around the mountains to take out all the horsemen and other assorted troops up there. Before the reinforcements showed up I had everyone else line up right in front of where they come onto the map. This way I was able to focus all 9 of my characters on the three horsemen and wiped them out before they got in a single attack (beyond the defensive ones).

The first time I did this, I ended up running behind on time and getting the civies killed by the giant spiders, because I sent Seth back to help out. The second time I kept him going forward to the boss and killed him on the same turn I killed the re-inforcements.

I'm on "It's a Trap!" now. :) Just lost Forde so I had restarted the mission. :shifty:

Ah, yeah. Didn't realize you weren't using Seth. Yeah I've read theories about not using certain characters because they're XP absorbers, but in my mind that's what the ruins and tower are for, to flesh out those who may have not seen as much XP in battle as Seth. So a lot of times my game plan has been based around letting tanks take on a lot of the battle and have everyone else take out what they can.

I'm on the second to the last battle (I think) and struggling not to get at least one of my characters killed.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man