Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Spaceballs. The Greatest scifi movie ever made.

Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?

Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.

Dark Helmet: What happened to then?

Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.

Dark Helmet: When?

Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now, now.

Dark Helmet: Go back to then!

Colonel Sandurz: When?

Dark Helmet: Now.

Colonel Sandurz: Now?

Dark Helmet: Now!

Colonel Sandurz: I can't.

Dark Helmet: Why?

Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.

Dark Helmet: When?

Colonel Sandurz: Just now.

Dark Helmet: When will then be now?

Colonel Sandurz: Soon.

Dark Helmet: How soon?

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Coming home from a really long drive-till-you-drop car-trip, we rented Brick to watch while lying exhausted on the couch.

It was one of those kinda weird concept movies that looked like it was made by a bunch of young independant film makers. Not very good, but had some moments.

Nip/Tuck season3 was much more entertaining.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Silent Hill

Can anyone tell me WTF was going on in this train wreck? So, the girl gets burn up by wackos but lives and makes a dead with the devil. The devil takes the girl and anyone that participated in her burning and puts them in some alternate world. The burnt up girl grows to a woman and has a kid. The kid is the orphan that leads mom and the female cop back to town where they are swallowed up.

Ok, Im with it so far.

So at the end, the burnt up woman comes up and slaughters the townsfolk. The end. Or is it......

If it let them leave town, why were they still trapped in the alternate world? If the burnt up woman was actually alive, how did she survive, the devil feed her? Was the little orphan girl a ghost the whole time or something?

I saw "The Girl next door" some day ago.

It was pretty amusing, but the best with is was probably Elisha. :ermm:"

Edited by Accept

Silent Hill

Can anyone tell me WTF was going on in this train wreck? So, the girl gets burn up by wackos but lives and makes a dead with the devil. The devil takes the girl and anyone that participated in her burning and puts them in some alternate world. The burnt up girl grows to a woman and has a kid. The kid is the orphan that leads mom and the female cop back to town where they are swallowed up.

Ok, Im with it so far.

So at the end, the burnt up woman comes up and slaughters the townsfolk. The end. Or is it......

If it let them leave town, why were they still trapped in the alternate world? If the burnt up woman was actually alive, how did she survive, the devil feed her? Was the little orphan girl a ghost the whole time or something?

I thought they were all dead. The Jeep and the bike both crash in the beginning. Their spirits all get cought in this "special Hell" and there ya go.

?

I liked the movie but I was confused as well.

Silent Hill

Ok, Im with it so far.

I thought they were all dead. The Jeep and the bike both crash in the beginning. Their spirits all get cought in this "special Hell" and there ya go.

?

I liked the movie but I was confused as well.

Basically its one of those "open to interpretation" endings, but I think the idea that they're all dead is one of the most common ideas. I'm not 100% certain its the absolute right one but it certainly covers what the movie presents pretty well and is kind of a nice down beat ending.

The original games carry an idea IIRC that reality has "three levels": the human level, the abyss and a bridge world. If you take that idea then the end is simply that the girl pulled them into the bridge world where the heroine ends up allowing the abyss world to claim the cult who burned Alyessa, but left the heroine and the good portion of the Alyessa that had been incarnated as a new being in the bridge world (thus setting up a sequel where they have to be rescued?).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Basically its one of those "open to interpretation" endings, but I think the idea that they're all dead is one of the most common ideas.  I'm not 100% certain its the absolute right one but it certainly covers what the movie presents pretty well and is kind of a nice down beat ending.

The original games carry an idea IIRC that reality has "three levels": the human level, the abyss and a bridge world.  If you take that idea then the end is simply that the girl pulled them into the bridge world where the heroine ends up allowing the abyss world to claim the cult who burned Alyessa, but left the heroine and the good portion of the Alyessa that had been incarnated as a new being in the bridge world (thus setting up a sequel where they have to be rescued?).

Yay Tep! Good to see you again. Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by Gfted1

Probably? :)

Elisha = Volo the Sl0bberer!!! :o  :o  :">  :wub:  :wub:

Do the bears know about this?

BTW, I freakin love that movie

Elisha Cuthbert is the only reason to see any movie starring Elisha Cuthbert.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Yay Tep! Good to see you again. Thanks for the clarification.

Hey gfted1, so this is where you got to eh? Good to see you too. :)

Lets see I saw the direct to DVD movie Seven Mummies a couple of weeks back. It sucks, but its the best kung-fu Jesuit priest mummies film you'll probably ever see.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Wild Strawberries

Great, great movie, only one mistake when the director briefly made the mistake of teaming a guitar and a Swed

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.