Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Keaton was an excellent Batman for his time, but the movies didn't age perfectly. That's not surprising, as most action movies from the late 80's, early 90's seem cheesy in comparison to today's stuff.

Christian Bale is an excellent Batman for our time. He's so buff that he looks like he can actually pull this stuff off, and he's a very solid actor. I loved the movie.

Val Kilmer and George Clooney can rot in hell.

Christian Bale was one of two things that caused me to be dissapointed in Batman Begins.

I like Bale as an actor; but he failed at Batman. Thankfully, the mystique of Btatman himself helped pull the performance up to barely adequate.

It was the costars including the underated Katie Holmes who made the movie worth watching. Well, them and the action sequences.

Bale's Batman/Bruce were the most unsympathtic (in a bad way) versions of the character I ever saw including Kilmer, and Clooney. Well.. except the 60s version. That one was lame where the funny of the POW! and WACK! well ran dry after 10 minutes.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Freedomland

I really enjoyed this film. In fact it's intensity was very plausible ... of course I seem to be on a completely different page than most of the critics ... :?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Christian Bale was one of two things that caused me to be dissapointed in Batman Begins.

I like Bale as an actor; but he failed at Batman. Thankfully, the mystique of Btatman himself helped pull the performance up to barely adequate.

It was the costars including the underated Katie Holmes who made the movie worth watching. Well, them and the action sequences.

Bale's Batman/Bruce were the most unsympathtic (in a bad way) versions of the character I ever saw including Kilmer, and Clooney. Well.. except the 60s version. That one was lame where the funny of the POW! and WACK! well ran dry after 10 minutes.

Whoever cast Katie Holmes in Batman Begins should be violently beat up with a large polo mallet.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Are you being sarcastic or not? I really can't tell. You pretty much have to be, with what you said, but the serious tone of your post is throwing me off.

"He's a vigilante, he should be cold and ruthless."

I disagree. A viglante doesn't neccessarily need to be these. Viglantes are known for being lawbreakers who do so for the cause of soemthing good.

I didn't find him cold, or all that ruthless either. Just not sympathetic. I laugh at him when he pouts over the death of his parents, and his 'sucky' life. What an immature brat he was!

Not a friggin' anti hero!

Thank god for Freeman, Holmes, and co!

So, what you're saying is, the first time someone actually plays Bruce Wayne like a person instead of cardboard cutout, he's not badass enough?

Well, colour me laughing at you.

Here's some news for you; anti-heroes always have an emo background.

(Also, Holmes was a useless boring damsel in distress who was only in the movie so there'd be a female character. Put a stuffed bra on a wooden board, and you have the same performance.)

Edited by TrueNeutral

"So, what you're saying is, the first time someone actually plays Bruce Wayne like a person instead of cardboard cutout, he's not badass enough?"

No, the point was, he was a cardboard cutout. I didn't feel his emotions. I didn't feel his pain, sorrow, hatred, compassion, or any other emotion that he was trying to protray.

And, like I said above, I like Christian Bale as an actor. But, he flopped this role big time espicially comapred to Micheal Keaton who nailed it nearly perfectly.

P.S. Batman (no version) is an anti hero.

(Also, Holmes was a useless boring damsel in distress who was only in the movie so there'd be a female character. Put a stuffed bra on a wooden board, and you have the same performance.)

Yeah, the only thing I found really cheesy in Batman Begins was

that non-existent love story that suddenly "got sorted" in the end. It just felt strange and slightly incestuous.

Edited by Checkpoint

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I was actually surprised that Holmes was not terribly annoying. She always bugged me on Dawson's Creek (as did all the characters...but it was forced upon me by my roommates.) She filled the role of the love interest decently enough.

They also didn't waste a ton of time on the romance factor in my eyes.

Bale pulled off Batman and Bruce wayne very well. Keaton did a constipated wayne and an ineffective batman. I didnt mind that first film but it did suffer form the gothiness that burton imbued. It was borderline camp.

Borderline?

Whoever cast Katie Holmes in Batman Begins should be violently beat up with a large polo mallet.

I think beaten to death with soggy lettuce detritus is more fitting.

Also, Holmes was a useless boring damsel in distress who was only in the movie so there'd be a female character. Put a stuffed bra on a wooden board, and you have the same performance.

A stuffed bra? :(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah. Except for Batman with Micheal Keaton who is the REAL Batman no other is even close.

Batman Begins was ok; but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated.

See my problem with Batman is that first the Joker never killed batmans parents and what the hell is Alfred bringing Vicky Vale into the Batcave??????? Superman the Movie remains closest to the source material therefore it wins. (Except for Sin City) Edited by Kelverin

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds